Get StartedOur 1-Day and 1-Week fantasy sports contests allow you to draft new lineups with each new contest.
Try Beginner Contests – Play your first 50 contests against other beginners.
Enter a 50/50 Contest – Lineups finishing in the top half of the field win cash no matter the number of entries – we offer beginner-exclusive 50/50s to play against other beginners.
Draft a Lineup – Choose a sport and game set that you want to play and create a lineup. From here you can easily use the lineup to join contests of your choice.
Invite your friends – Try a private, friends-only league, or Head to Head contest of $1, $5, $10, or more – it’s a great way to get going.
Strategy & Research – Check out the DK Playbook where you can find some Strategy and Research.
Earn Frequent Player Points – Accumulate FPPs as you play contests with entry fees, regardless of whether you win or lose. The more you play, the more you earn to spend in the VIP Store.
Highly Experienced Players – Players will have different badges throughout the site that signify experience level. For more information, check out our badges page.
- Start by choosing a contest. Create a private contest or choose from one of the public contests in the game lobby. Below is our variety of public contest types.
- Contest Types:
- Featured – These are the contests you don't want to miss out on
- Beginner – Play 50 contests against other beginners for cash prizes
- Tournaments/Leagues – Small & large field contests with huge prizes
- Head to Head – Face-off against one opponent; winner takes all
- 50/50s – Finish in the top half of the field and win cash
- Double Ups – Win and double your entry fee
- Multipliers – Multiply your entry fee up to 10x when you win
- Satellites & Qualifiers – Win your way into contests with bigger prizes
Draft Your Lineups
- When drafting your lineup, you’re given $50,000 as a salary cap. Spend this budget on players to create your team.
- Choose your players from the Player Pool. A Player Pool consists of all the players who will be in a given contest’s game set. For example: a game set for an NFL contest may include up to 16 NFL games you can select players from.
- Once you’ve filled all positions in your lineup (unique to each sport) while staying under your $50,000 salary cap, you can submit your lineup into the contest.
- Follow the action live on desktop, mobile web, and the iOS and Android apps to see how your lineup is doing. Compare your lineup to others in the contest and watch as you accumulate points during the games.
- If you’ve won and placed into a paying position in a contest, the amount you’ve won, as determined by the prize structure of that contest, will be credited to your DraftKings account as soon as the contest ends.
- You can use your winnings to play even more contests, or withdraw it. Discover more about withdraw and deposit here.