NFL WEEK 1- limited spots available -
You can win $1 billion by drafting the perfect lineup in our FREE $100k contest
Please accept our Official Challenge Rules
Check out the Official Challenge Rules.
$1 billion is a lot of money.
We anticipate you have a lot of questions.
What's the Billion Dollar Lineup?
It’s the lineup that scores the most DraftKings fantasy points that could possibly be scored within the salary cap and position requirements. The perfect lineup will be determined by calculating all possible lineup combinations for the NFL
Week 1 player pool that fit DraftKings lineup requirements, and the highest scoring out of all possible lineups will be the perfect lineup.
Scoring higher than all other DK users may not be enough to win unless your lineup scores the most fantasy points that could possibly be scored out of all possible lineup combinations. For clarity, it is possible that no DK user will draft the perfect lineup and therefore no DK user will be eligible for the prize. For tiebreaker rules and other conditions, please see the Official Rules.
How do I enter?
Create or sign in to your DraftKings account. Once you’re in, draft a lineup from the FREE $100k contest player pool that fills all the position requirements and stays within the $50,000 salary cap. Submit your lineup before the games kick off at 1PM EST on September 10, 2017. One entry per user. Please see the Official Rules for additional details.
How do I win?
Watch as your players rack up points (hopefully lots and lots of them) throughout the day. If you’ve got the perfect lineup, you could take home the $1 billion prize.
Am I eligible?
To get in the game and win $1 billion, you must have a valid DraftKings account, be 18 years of age (19+ in AL and NE, 21+ in MA) and be located in the United States, District of Columbia, Germany, the United Kingdom, or Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec). Additional eligibility restrictions apply. Please see the Official Rules for details.
I usually can’t play DraftKings where I live. Why can I play in the Billion Dollar Lineup challenge?
In certain states (AL, AZ, HI, ID, IA, LA, MT, NV & WA), DraftKings doesn’t offer paid entry fantasy sports contests. However, eligible residents in all 50 states and the District of Columbia are allowed to play free DraftKings contests. The Billion Dollar Lineup challenge is not a standalone contest but will run in connection with the free $100,000 NFL Week 1 contest. You will be prompted to enter into the Billion Dollar Lineup challenge before submitting your lineup. Prizing for the $100,000 NFL Contest will be available on the draft screen.
Can someone actually win this?
This is the most challenging promotion we’ve ever offered. You aren’t going to win a billion dollars by drafting a good lineup or even a great one. To win $1 billion, you’ll need to draft the “perfect lineup.” Anyone who plays fantasy football knows how tough the challenge really is. This promotion can be won, but to conquer this ultimate test of skill, you’ll need to be perfect.
Get off the sideline and into the game
for your shot at $1 Billion.
Please accept our Official Challenge Rules
Check out the Official Challenge Rules.
OFFICIAL Challenge Rules
DRAFTKINGS BILLION DOLLAR LINEUP CHALLENGE
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
THE DRAFTKINGS BILLION DOLLAR LINEUP CHALLENGE (hereinafter the “Challenge”) IS INTENDED FOR ENTRY IN THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), GERMANY, AND THE UNITED KINGDOM ONLY (COLLECTIVELY, THE "ELIGIBILITY AREA"). THE CHALLENGE SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS CHALLENGE IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED INTHE ELIGIBILITY AREA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE, YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER (19+ IF LOCATED IN ALABAMA OR NEBRASKA, 21+ IF IN MASSACHUSETTS). REFER TO RULE 1 BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS.
CHALLENGE ENTRY LINEUPS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED IN THE CHALLENGE FROM THE FIRST FIVE MILLION (5,000,000) ENTRANTS WHO COMPLETE STEP 3(A)(i)-(ii) BELOW (THE "REGISTRATION PROCESS"), AS DETERMINED BY DRAFTKINGS INC. (“DRAFTKINGS” or "DK").
ENTRY IN THIS CHALLENGE CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING.
- Eligibility. Except where prohibited by law, the DraftKings Billion Dollar Lineup Challenge ("Challenge") is open to registered DraftKings users located in the Eligibility Area. You must have a free DraftKings
Inc. ("Sponsor"), its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, consultants, legal counsel, accounting firms, public relations, sales representatives, website providers, webmasters, advertising and promotional, and marketing
agencies, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this Challenge (collectively with Sponsor,
"Challenge Entities") shall abide by the same restrictions. All current and former employees of DraftKings, Inc. are not eligible to enter the Challenge. Participants in Week 1 of the National Football League’s 2017-2018
Schedule ("Week 1"), including players, coaches, and officials, as well as employees of the National Football League ("NFL"), and all of their immediate family members (parents, children, siblings or spouse
regardless of where they live, or persons living in same household, whether related or not), are not eligible to enter or win. Other eligibility requirements and conditions of participation are set forth below in these official rules for
the Challenge ("Official Rules"). This Challenge is subject to all federal, state, municipal, and local laws and regulations.
Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, all other U.S. territories and possessions, nations not explicitly listed herein, and where prohibited by law.
- Registration and Entry Window. The "Entry Window" for the Challenge opens ("Start Date") at 12:01 a.m. U.S. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on August 14, 2017 and closes at 1:00 p.m. EST on Sunday, September 10, 2017. At the Start Date, you may complete the "Registration Process" and begin creating your Challenge Entry Lineup (defined below) with your picks for the Challenge (your "Picks"). The period between the Start Date and the end of the entry window period is referred to in these Official Rules as the "Lineup Submission Period." The Lineup Submission period will close at 1:00 p.m. EST on Sunday, September 10, 2017. If a user wishes to reserve one (1) spot in the Challenge, but does not wish to draft his or her Challenge Entry Lineup until a later date, the user may do so on the lineup entry webpage provided they return and complete their Picks by the end of the Lineup Submission Period. In the event an Entrant reserves a spot but fails to draft a complete Challenge Entry Lineup before the start of the Challenge, their lineup shall receive zero points. CHALLENGE ENTRY LINEUPS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED IN THE CHALLENGE FROM THE FIRST FIVE MILLION (5,000,000) ENTRANTS WHO RESERVE A SPOT OR SUBMIT THEIR COMPLETED LINEUPS (AS DETERMINED BY DK) DURING THE LINEUP SUBMISSION PERIOD.
- How to Enter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE OR WIN A PRIZE.
To enter the Challenge, eligible individuals (each an "Entrant" or collectively, the "Entrants") must complete the following Registration Process.
b. Mobile App Entry Method. Entry is also available via the free DraftKings mobile application (the "Mobile App"). The Mobile App may be downloaded from https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/draftkings-daily-fantasy-golf-baseball-more/id710535379?mt=8 (for iOS users) or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.draftkings.dknativermgGP&hl=en (for Android users). A mobile device that is capable of running the Mobile App is referred to in these rules as a "Qualifying Mobile Device." To enter the Challenge via the Mobile App on your Qualifying Mobile Device, look for the links to the Challenge within the Mobile App (the portion of the Mobile App devoted to this Challenge is referred to in these Official Rules as the "In-App Site;" the Website and In-App Site are collectively referred to in these Official Rules as the "Challenge Microsites").
c. Creating Entries:
i. Challenge Entry Lineup. Once you have completed the DK Registration Requirements, you may create and submit your lineup for the Challenge by selecting only NFL players listed in the Week 1 player pool. Each player listed in the player pool has an assigned salary and a valid lineup must not exceed the salary cap of $50,000. (such eligible lineup, a "Challenge Entry Lineup" or "Entry"). Only one (1) lineup per DraftKings user will be allowed for the Challenge Entry Lineup. Multiple submissions by the same Entrant will void all entries and lineups submitted by that Entrant, including the first lineup entry. You may edit your Picks in your Challenge Entry Lineup at any time up until the start of that individual NFL player’s Week 1 game.
Your Challenge Entry Lineup may be created either on the Website or the Mobile App during the Entry Window. If the Lineup Submission Period for the Challenge is open, continue to Rule 3(d) below to learn how to fill out and submit your Challenge Entry Lineup. In the event that the Mobile App is not available during the Entry Window or Lineup Submission Period for any reason, Entrants should participate in the Challenge via the Website.
ii. Filling Out and Submitting Your Challenge Entry Lineup. The salaries for the Week 1 players will be posted on the Challenge Microsites at the Start Date. At that time, if you are fully registered, by completing the DK Registration Requirements, and verified for the Challenge via the Registration Process set forth above, you must return to one of the Challenge Microsites during the Lineup Submission Period to populate your Challenge Entry Lineup with your Picks.
A user who has submitted a qualifying Challenge Entry Lineup prior to the close of the Entry Window, and who is otherwise in full compliance with the DK Registration Requirements, eligibility restrictions and all other provisions of these Official Rules, is referred to as a qualifying Entrant. You have until the close of the Entry Window to create and submit your Challenge Entry Lineup, SUBJECT TO THE LINEUP EDITS PROVISION IN RULE 4 BELOW, YOUR FINAL CHALLENGE ENTRY LINEUP WILL BE LOCKED IN AT THE END OF THE ENTRY WINDOW.
For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an Entry only occurs when DraftKings’ servers record an Entrant's registration information and Challenge Entry Lineup during the Entry Window. Screen shots, printouts or any other purported "proof" or "evidence" of entry or winning whatsoever, in lieu of Sponsor's validation process, shall not be binding under any circumstances. Proof of sending (such as an automated receipt, screen shots, electronic mail, etc.) shall not constitute proof of actual receipt of an Entry for purposes of these Official Rules.
LIMIT OF A MAXIMUM OF ONE CHALLENGE ENTRY LINEUP (ONE ENTRY) PER PERSON IN THIS CHALLENGE. ONE PERSON PER DRAFTKINGS USER ID. Any attempt by any Entrant to submit or play more than the one (1) permitted Challenge Entry Lineup (e.g., by creating or submitting additional entries from multiple DraftKings User IDs) will void all Entries by that Entrant and disqualify him/her from the Challenge. The submission of an Entry is solely the responsibility of the Entrant. Entries may only be made according to the methods described above. Automated entries (including, but not limited to, entries submitted using any bot, script, macro, hack, or submission service), copies, third party entries, facsimiles and/or mechanical reproductions are not permitted, will be null and void, and any Entrant attempting to automate entries will be disqualified from the Challenge. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or stolen entries will be null and void and are not eligible entry into the Challenge. By entering, Entrants acknowledge that the Challenge Entities do not warrant or represent that the Challenge will be completely error or fraud free or that the Challenge will run without interruption, malfunction or technological issue. Challenge Entities are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed Entries, or Challenge Entry Lineups otherwise not received, acknowledged or recorded by DraftKings’ servers, or for any technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or other similar technical malfunctions or failures, public utility or telephone outages, or other interruptions of any telephone system or network, computer online systems, data, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software of any third party, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems, including any software, hardware or device that do not permit an entrant from participating, any failure to access the Website or the Microsite, or any other failure, malfunction or error which may limit or affect a person's ability to participate in the Challenge, whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, fraudulent, electronic, network or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Challenge, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in connection with the administration of the Challenge, the processing of Entries, the announcement of winners or fulfillment of prize award, or in any Challenge-related materials. Fraudulent, unfair, unsportsmanlike, false or deceptive Entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. All Entries become the property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, Challenge Entities’ failure to detect fraud and/or invalidated Entries as set forth herein, shall not constitute a breach of these Official Rules by any Challenge Entity, or unfair or deceptive practice and/or violation of any Entrant's rights. Such determination of what constitutes fraudulent or otherwise suspicious activity shall be in Challenge Entities’ sole discretion and can be made at any time.
- Scoring.The Challenge scores all Week 1 NFL players in an Entrant's Challenge Entry Lineup exclusively on the basis of the scoring system outlined in this Rule 4 and as further detailed below ("Scoring System"). Under the Scoring System, Week 1 players will earn points according to the parameters set forth at the following url: https://www.draftkings.com/help/rules/nfl ("Points"). The total Points accumulated by each individual lineup Entry in accordance with the Scoring System will be evaluated to determine whether the Entry is the Perfect Lineup (as defined below) and eligible for the Grand Prize (as defined below).
- Winner Selection. On or about September 11, 2017, employees or representatives of Sponsor will evaluate all valid Challenge Entry Lineups received from Entrants who submitted a Challenge Entry Lineup during the Lineup Submission Period in accordance with these Official Rules and the Scoring System to determine whether any eligible Entrant or Entrants have an Entry with the Perfect Lineup (as defined below). The Grand Prize Winner or shared Grand Prize Winner(s) (per Rule 6 below), if any, shall be referred to collectively as, the "Winners." All Point calculations, determinations of a Perfect Lineup, and award of the Prize will be made solely and exclusively by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and all decisions of Sponsor regarding the awarding of Points to Entrants shall be final and binding in its sole discretion and are not subject to appeal. It is possible that there will not be any Winner of the Challenge.
- Prize Available. Only one (1) Grand Prize (as defined below) is potentially available, and will be awarded as follows:
a. Potential Grand Prize Winner: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to an eligible Entrant who validly submitted only one (1) Challenge Entry Lineup that, subject to the Tiebreaker Provision below, constitutes a "Perfect Lineup" (as hereinafter defined). DraftKings will calculate the "Perfect Lineup" by determining all possible valid lineup combinations given the NFL Week 1 results and the salary cap and roster restrictions. The single highest possible scoring lineup(s) from that calculation shall be deemed the "Perfect Lineup". For the sake of clarity, an Entrant will not be awarded the Grand Prize if he/she merely scores the highest points of any of the Entrants in the Challenge, but does not submit a lineup identical to the Perfect Lineup[(s)] calculated by DraftKings. The highest scoring lineup(s) from that calculation shall be deemed the Perfect Lineup. The Grand Prize (as hereinafter defined) will only be awarded if an eligible Entrant submits a Perfect Lineup (the "Grand Prize Winner"). In the event that two lineups with at least one (1) different player achieve the same highest score possible given the corresponding salary cap and other roster restrictions, the lineup which had the highest remaining unused salary shall be deemed the Perfect Lineup (the “Tiebreaker Provision”); for the sake of clarity, if both lineups have the same remaining amount of unused salary, they shall both be deemed Perfect Lineups. If more than one (1) eligible Entrant submits a Perfect Lineup and each is confirmed as a Grand Prize Winner, the Grand Prize will be equally divided among the Challenge's Grand Prize Winners, with each Grand Prize Winner entitled to the Grand Prize Winner's proportionate share of the Grand Prize regardless of the whether the Grand Prize Winner elects the Annual Payment Option (defined below) or the One-Time Payment Option (defined below). For example, if there are two (2) Grand Prize Winners, each Grand Prize Winner will be entitled to elect either 50% of the Annual Payment Option or 50% of the One-Time Payment Option.
IF NO ELIGIBLE ENTRANT SUBMITS A PERFECT LINEUP, THE GRAND PRIZE WILL NOT BE AWARDED.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values ("ARV").
a. Grand Prize: The grand prize will consist of one billion dollars ($1,000,000,000) USD ("Grand Prize"), payable over the course of fifty-one (51) years in installments of five million dollars ($5,000,000) for the first fifty (50) years followed by a final payment of seven hundred fifty million dollars ($750,000,000) in year fifty-one (51) ("Annual Payment Option"). The Grand Prize Winner has the option, in the Grand Prize Winner's sole discretion, to elect to receive a one-time lump sum payment of THREE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS ($300,000,000) ("One-Time Payment Option") instead of the Annual Payment Option. No payment options shall have interest accrued or added of any kind.
THE GRAND PRIZE WILL NOT BE AWARDED IF NO ELIGIBLE ENTRANT SUBMITS A PERFECT LINEUP.
b. Total ARV: Grand Prize is hereinafter referred to, individually, as a "Prize". and collectively, as the "Prizes." The total maximum value of all Prizes available to be won is one billion dollars ($1,000,000,000).
- Prize Conditions. Each Winner, if any, releases Challenge Entities from any claims related the selected payment option. All federal, state, and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the Prizes, are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Each Winner may waive his/her right to receive a Prize. A Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable, and must be accepted by the Winner as awarded. Each Winner will provide an Internal Revenue Service Form W-9 and receive an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099-Misc (or other forms and requirements of the Winner’s county of residence) for the amount of the Prize awarded and the Prize awards will be reported as required by applicable tax law.
- Odds of Winning. Mathematical odds of winning the Grand Prize will vary depending upon the knowledge and skill of the Entrant.
- Winner Notification and Verification. Receiving a Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules, including all DK Registration Requirements and other eligibility requirements. Sponsor will verify the eligibility
The Winners will be notified by email using the email address provided in the Entrant's DK Registration Requirements. Sponsor is not responsible if unable to contact a potential Winner for prize notification purposes for whatever reason,
including Entrant's failure to provide a correct email address or other contact information at the time of submission of the DK Registration Requirements. Within fifteen (15) days after receiving notification of winning, a potential Winner
must execute and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and/or Publicity/Communications Releases (unless prohibited by law). Disqualification may result from any of the following: (a) potential Winner's inability
or refusal to accept the Prize; (b) the inability of Sponsor to contact the potential Winner for any reason; (c) failure of the potential Winner to return the completed and executed Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity/Communications
event that a potential Grand Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason or waives his/her right to receive a Grand Prize, Sponsor will not award the Grand Prize to the disqualified Winner.
- Prize Delivery.Within forty-five (45) days after verification of a Winner's identity and eligibility to win a Prize, and Winner’s signature of all requisite Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and/or Publicity/Communications Releases, Sponsor or its representative will contact the Winner to coordinate and make appropriate arrangements for the delivery of the Prize to the Winner.
The Official Rules will be posted on the Website throughout the Entry Window. By entering and participating in the Challenge, each Entrant represents and warrants that all information provided by Entrant in the Challenge, including on the DK Registration Requirements or Challenge Entry Lineup ("Registration Information") is true, accurate and complete. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE IS A VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AS WELL AS CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SPONSOR BELIEVE OR BECOME AWARE THAT SUCH AN ATTEMPT HAS BEEN, IS BEING, OR WILL BE MADE, SPONSOR AND CHALLENGE ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY RESPONSIBLE ENTRANT(S) AND OTHER RESPONSIBLE INDIVIDUAL(S) IN THE ATTEMPTED DAMAGE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Publicity Release:Except where prohibited, by accepting a Prize, each Winner grants permission for Sponsor and Challenge Entities to use his/her name, voice, image and/or likeness, for advertising, merchandising, promotion and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Official Rules. By participating in the Challenge, each Entrant fully and unconditionally acknowledges receipt and affirms their understanding of the contents of these Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Challenge. The Challenge will be run in accordance with the Official Rules, subject to amendment by Sponsor. Each Entrant must comply with the Official Rules and will be deemed to have received and understood the Official Rules by participating in the Challenge. The terms of the Challenge, as set out in the Official Rules, are not subject to amendment or counteroffer, unless determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If any provisions of the Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. Sponsor and Challenge Entities' failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Sponsor. The Challenge is sponsored by DraftKings Inc., 125 Summer St., 5th Floor, Boston, Massachusetts 02110.
- Non-Affiliation Disclaimer. The Challenge is not in any way affiliated with, or administered or endorsed by, the National Football League or its institutions or member clubs, nor Apple Inc. Twitter, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Instagram, LLC, Snapchat, Inc. or Google Inc.
- Insurance Disclaimer. Sponsor has entered into Prize Indemnification Insurance Policies with Insurers ("Insurer") rated “A” or better by Standard & Poor’s that may cover the Grand Prize. The issuance of the Prize Indemnification Insurance Policies does not create any third-party rights against the Insurers, and any liability of Insurer under the Prize Indemnification Insurance Policy for the Grand Prize is contingent upon the completion of the confidential data verification procedures ("Data Verification Procedures") agreed between Sponsor and Insurers. By entering the Contest, an Entrant acknowledges that any liability of the Insurers is solely to the Sponsor and will be solely determined by the terms of the Prize Indemnification Insurance Policies and Data Verification Procedures as agreed between the Insurers and Sponsor. All Entrants acknowledge and agree that Entrants shall not under any circumstances whatsoever have any rights against any Insurer or any Insurer’s agents or representatives.