The Top 5’s will cover an awesome 15-game slate tonight with plenty of strong offensive games to pull from. Let’s get to it! Rankings are based on value projection. Top 5 dollar for dollar plays at each position. Any questions, hit me up on Twitter @JasonWalker_72.
- Contreras has strong 129/131 expected power/hard hit metric over last week (100 is average for both) and a vs. LHP matchup which brings his .415 wOBA into play.
- Rupp has a 48% hard hit over his last two weeks and is in Coors, with an 11-run total tonight.
- Castro has a 162 expected power over last week and 50% hard contact over last two weeks.
- Smoak has 50% hard contact over last two weeks and a home matchup with DET SP Pelfrey, who sports a .376 wOBA against LH bats. Smoak has 46.8% hard contact against RHP at home in 86 at-bats this season.
- Davis has 40% hard contact against RHP at home and a .430 wOBA/.368 ISO vs. RHP overall this season.
- Howard is in Coors, homered last night and has 42% hard contact over his last five games, with a 192 expected power over his last 60 at-bats.
- Forsythe gets Sean O’Sullivan, who has a 5.31 SIERA this season, a slate worst .343 wOBA against RH bats and the Rays have an implied 4.9 runs scored tonight while Logan should be batting leadoff.
- Kinsler has 43% hard contact over the last two weeks, and a .412 wOBA against LHP (TOR SP Happ), while leading off for DET in Toronto’s Rogers Centre tonight.
- Texas has an implied total of 5.5 runs tonight and Odor, who has 39% hard contact over the last 13 games, should be batting third tonight.
- Arenado has 42% hard contact vs. RHP at home in 106 at-bats, along with a .406 wOBA in that scenario.
- Castellanos has a massive 200 expected power over the last 30 days, 40% hard contact over the past two weeks and a .391/.312 wOBA/ISO split against LHP.
- Sano has a .383/.250 wOBA/ISO split against LHP and the game is expected to be hot/humid, the second best weather situation on the slate behind Coors.
- Machado has a .395 wOBA against RHP this season, BAL has an implied 4.9 runs tonight and Manny has 40% hard contact over past two weeks.
- SD SP Cashner is giving up 40% hard contact to LH bats and Seager has a .414 wOBA/.252 ISO split against RHP.
- Story has 45% hard contact at home vs. RHP in 95 at-bats this season with a .366/.295 wOBA/ISO overall.
- Saunders has 39.1% hard contact at home vs. RHP this season and DET SP Pelfrey has given up a .376 wOBA to LH bats.
- Gonzalez has a .480 wOBA at home vs. RHP and a 188 wRC+ in an 11-run game total that has the Rockies with an implied 6.1 runs.
- Choo leads off against RHP, with a 5.5 implied run total, a .399 wOBA against RHP and 47% hard contact over the past two weeks.
- Upton is tourney only, but homered last night, has a vs. LHP split tonight and, like last night, too cheap to ignore as a punt in Rogers Centre.
- Harper is also tourney-only against NYM SP Syndergaard, but has picked up the hard contact (40% over last two weeks) and a great discount as a one-off. Should be much lower owned than normal tonight.
I am a promoter at DraftKings and am also an avid fan and user (my username is jaywalker72) and may sometimes play on my personal account in the games that I offer advice on. Although I have expressed my personal view on the games and strategies above, they do not necessarily reflect the view(s) of DraftKings and I may also deploy different players and strategies than what I recommend above.