The Top 5’s will cover an awesome 14-game slate tonight with plenty of solid offensive games to pull from. Let’s get to it! Rankings are based on value projection. Top 5 dollar for dollar plays at each position. Any questions, hit me up on Twitter @JasonWalker_72.
- Navarro has splits of .356 wOBA, .303 ISO against LHP this season. LAA SP Santiago gives up 1.7 HR/9 IP and 37% hard contact with 51% fly ball rate against RH bats.
- Lucroy was 5th best power catcher in the first half of the season (140 expected power) and goes into the Great American Ballpark with a .376 wOBA against RHP.
- Gattis has too much power potential (.250 ISO vs. LHP) to sit here, even in Seattle.
- Cabrera has a .392 wOBA against RHP and KC SP Kennedy has given up 1.6 HR/9 IP this season.
- Can’t pass on a power threat like Davis for 3.7K against a RHP, where he has a .429/.358 wOBA/ISO split advantage, even in Tampa.
- Howard was the #3 power bat among first basemen before the break (188 expected power) and was unlucky with results, with a .160 BABIP even though he’s had 44% hard contact this season.
- Walker is the third best power hitting 2nd baseman to date (148 expected power) and the Mets have an implied 4.8 run total against PHL tonight.
- Cano has a .427 wOBA against RHP and a .270 ISO as well. HOU SP Fister gives up 40% hard contact to LH bats this season.
- ARI SP Corbin gives up a 45% hard contact rate at home and a .343 wOBA to RH bats as well, putting Kendrick in a good spot here for LAD.
- Arenado’s a crusher anywhere, against anybody, including a 37% hard contact rate away from home and against RHP. The Rockies have an implied 4.5 run total as well.
- As stated already, Corbin is a good target for opposing hitters, especially RHB like Turner, who has a 40% hard contact rate on the road against RHP.
- Frazier has a .342 ISO against LHP and is facing the aforementioned LAA SP Santiago, who gives up 1.7 HR/9 IP and 37% hard contact with 51% fly ball rate against RH bats.
- Cabrera was one of the most surprising hitters of the pre-AS break, landing fourth among shortstops in expected power (133) and a strong 84% contact rate. He has a favorable matchup with PHI SP Hellickson, who has a .353 wOBA split against LH bats.
- Reyes has come back and landed in the top spot of the Mets lineup, and the Mets are expected to score 4.8 runs tonight.
- Miller has cooled from his hot start, but has a solid .201 ISO against RHP and is facing BAL SP Gallardo, who is giving up 37% hard contact to LH bats.
- Blackmon has a 37% hard contact rate against RHP away from Coors, and the Rockies have that 4.5 implied run total against ATL tonight.
- Justin Upton is out tonight, so Moya and his 45% hard contact rate at home vs. RHP should be in the lineup tonight.
- The Grandy Man should be batting second in this 4.8 implied run total game against PHI. Granderson has continued to make hard contact, evidenced by a 37% hard contact rate on the season.
- Trout has a 52% hard contact rate over his last 12 games and has the strong matchup against CWS SP Gonzalez, who has a .340 wOBA against RH bats.
- Bradley, Jr has a .403 wOBA and .301 ISO against RHP and NYY SP Pineda gives up 1.6 HR/9 IP this season.
I am a promoter at DraftKings and am also an avid fan and user (my username is jaywalker72) and may sometimes play on my personal account in the games that I offer advice on. Although I have expressed my personal view on the games and strategies above, they do not necessarily reflect the view(s) of DraftKings and I may also deploy different players and strategies than what I recommend above.