Today’s Top 5’s will focus on the fully loaded, 15-game slate tonight, which features a ton of bad pitching to pick on with offenses. Also, a game at Coors Field! Any questions, please find me on Twitter @JasonWalker_72 — let’s do this!
- MIL SP Anderson gives up 41% hard contact to RH bats, and Castillo, while struggling with RHP at home, does make 33% hard contact when he gets a hold of one.
- CLE SP Tomlin gives up 43% hard contact to LH away from CLE. McCann can take advantage of the #1 HR ballpark for LH bats in NYY.
- Contreras makes 38% hard contact vs. LHP on the road and OAK SP Overton has a 6.87 SIERA in his four starts, with a whopping 4.4 HR/9 IP.
- Davis has 41% hard contact against RHP this season, and BAL has a strong 4.8 implied run total tonight in Chicago.
- Carter has a 181 expected power rating (100 is average) over the last six games and 43% hard contact against LHPs this season.
- Goldy’s made 38% hard contact at home vs. RHPs this season, we’ve covered MIL SP Anderson’s 41% hard contact to RH bats and ARI has a five run implied total tonight.
- Carpenter’s made an incredible 51% hard contact against RHP this season and ATL SP de la Cruz doesn’t miss bats, with a 5.4 K/9 IP and 14% K rate against LH bats.
- PHI SP Hellickson has a 5.05 xFIP against LH bats this season and Schimpf makes 38% hard contact at home vs. RHP.
- Gordon’s 85% contact rate will play well in COL, which is #1 in hit rate this season. And COL SP De La Rosa is only striking out 4.9 per 9 IP over his last five starts.
- Sano has a 137 expected power over his last 19 at-bats and crushing LHP for 45% hard contact this year.
- Longoria, like Sano, is super inexpensive, considering his 40.5% hard contact rate against RHP at home.
- Arenado is a no-brainer at home, but also consider his 41% hard contact rate vs. RHP in Coors and 152 wRC+ in that split as well.
- Miller has a 215 expected power over his last six games and 36% hard contact rate against RHP this season at home.
- Anderson will likely be leading off against BAL SP Gallardo, who has the worst SIERA of the slate over the last 30 days (5.85). Anderson also makes solid hard contact against RHP at home, at 32.4 and CWS has an implied run total of 4.8 runs. Make sure he’s in the lineup (hand) and then let it rip.
- Machado has a good 35% hard contact against RHP on the road this season and the same over the last two weeks while the Orioles have that 4.8 implied run total of their own.
- Access to Mt. Trumbo at $3.4K is great, considering the aforementioned implied run total, his 38% hard contact rate against RHP on the road and 135 expected power over his last six games.
- Make sure Dahl is in tonight because, if his is, he’s still too low priced for his lineup spot (likely 5th) and venue (Coors) and has a 193 wRC+ in his young career at Coors against RHP.
- 37% hard contact vs. RHP and a 127 expected power with 43% fly ball rate to go against PHI SP Hellickson, who has a 5.05 xFIP against LH bats this season.
- Stanton in Coors, against a LHP (De La Rosa) who doesn’t miss bats. Perfect storm for his recent 157 expected power (six games) and MIA does have an implied 5.8 run total tonight.
- More expensive than Stanton tonight, Ozuna is auto-play against LHP this season, with an astounding 51% hard contact rate and 191 wRC+ in that split, with all the same matchup favors Stanton has in Coors against COL SP De La Rosa as well.
I am a promoter at DraftKings and am also an avid fan and user (my username is jaywalker72) and may sometimes play on my personal account in the games that I offer advice on. Although I have expressed my personal view on the games and strategies above, they do not necessarily reflect the view(s) of DraftKings and I may also deploy different players and strategies than what I recommend above.