The Top 5’s will cover a full on 15-game slate tonight, that has a ton of solid offensive games to pull from. There are 26 players salaried at $5,000 or higher and many are in strong match ups. I’m going to focus on getting you value throughout your lineup to accompany those expensive players.
Let’s get to it! Rankings are based on value projection. Top 5 dollar-for-dollar plays at each position. Any questions, hit me up on Twitter @JasonWalker_72.
- COL SP Hoffman doesn’t have much of a track record, but Ramos does, hitting 132 wRC+ at home against RHP. WAS has an implied 5.5 run total, and all the RH bats are reasonably priced.
- McCann at home against a RHP is a great start, that starter being BAL SP Gallardo (5.86 xFIP vs. LH) makes it even better.
- Sanchez has been hot and has the metrics behind him to validate it, with a 226 expected power (100 is average) over his last seven days and has the same sweet matchup against Gallardo (5.47 SIERA over last 30 days).
- TEX SP Perez is sneaky at home, but his weakness is RH bats, where his xFIP jumps to 4.68 and his HR rate goes up to 1.21. Napoli’s 195 expected power over his last five games should allow him to take advantage.
- While eyes will be on teammate Chris Davis, Alvarez will take his shots at NYY SP Cessa, who has given up three home runs in 8.2 IP at home this season.
- NYM SP Colon gives up 1.75 HR/9 IP to LH bats this season, and Howard still has it, with a .285 ISO on the road against RHP.
- Carpenter is back to his hard contact ways, racking up a 198 expected power over his last five games. OAK SP Detwiler is better against LH bats than RH, but that doesn’t make him good.
- Kinsler is too cheap here against LAA SP Nolasco, has an average wRC+ at home against RHP (101) and DET has a 5.1 implied run total tonight.
- Travis, if playing, should be batting high in the lineup against MIN SP Dean, who has a 4.53 xFIP and 1.77 HR/9 IP against RH bats this season.
- Flores has graduated to must look-at status against LHP, where he has a 186 wRC+ against them. Tonight’s SP, PHI LHP Morgan, gives up an amazing 2.34 HR/9 IP against RH bats this season, moving to 2.52 and 5.08 xFIP against RH bats on the road.
- Donaldson is the only $5K bat on here, representing all the bats (27) that are $5K and above and in prime spots, like Donaldson vs. LHP matchup at home, where he makes 45% hard contact and has a 147 wRC+. He has yet to hit a dinger at home against a LHP this season, and I didn’t want to NOT list him the night he does.
- Make sure Lamb is in the lineup because CIN SP Finnegan is a LHP. Against opposing LH bats, Finnegan has a 5.22 xFIP and only a 3.2% K-BB rate percentage. Lamb still has a 137 wRC+ and .419 ISO against LHP at home.
- Xander has a solid 118 wRC+ against RHP at home, should be batting second or third in the lineup against KCR SP Kennedy and Boston has an implied 5.4 run total tonight.
- Very nice price for Tulo, who should be in the top six of the order against LHP Dean and has a 131 wRC+ at home against LHP this season.
- Didi has been batting fourth, the Yankees have an implied five run total and Gregorius has a tidy 117 wRC+ against RHP at home.
- Weeks has an insane 206 wRC+ against LHP at home and CIN SP Finnegan has given up 2.11 HR/9 IP to RH bats this season.
- Bautista is back in the lineup and will be batting first or second in a lineup with a 6.2 implied run total and facing a LHP at home.
- As stated in yesterday’s targets, facing a RHP at home is not Werth’s best split (93 wRC+), but he’ll be batting second in a strong spot against a weak pitcher, like he did yesterday when he homered.
- Nobody’s been hotter than Upton, with a 284 expected power over his last five games and he will be batting sixth with the Tigers carrying a 5.1 run total.
- MIL SP Garza has a 5.35 xFIP against LH bats with a 1.80 HR/9 IP at home against LH bats. Make sure Bell is in the lineup, then put his power hitting bat (229 wRC+ so far) in a hitter’s park in a tasty split.
I am a promoter at DraftKings and am also an avid fan and user (my username is jaywalker72) and may sometimes play on my personal account in the games that I offer advice on. Although I have expressed my personal view on the games and strategies above, they do not necessarily reflect the view(s) of DraftKings and I may also deploy different players and strategies than what I recommend above.