We have a full 15 game MLB slate today, Sunday May 24th… Let’s take a look at today’s info and please, if you have any thoughts, questions etc, hit me up on twitter! @Razzle11Grinds
Make sure to check out today’s tournament lobby and take your shot at winning some nice cash!
Heaviest Pitcher Favorites
– Gio Gonzalez ($7,900) vs. Philadelphia Phillies (-180): Gio has an interesting price tag for today as you generally think of him as a much more expensive pitcher. He will step to the mound today to pick up for Strasburg’s struggles yesterday. His opposing pitcher is Aaron Harang who is just fooling everybody so far in 2015 but is due for some serious regression.
– Trevor Bauer ($8,500) vs. Cincinnati Reds (-180): I love Bauer’s stuff and I generally roster him believing that he will be very under owned. He certainly has the ability to be very wild and walk a number of hitters, however he does a good job against both righties and lefties.
– Francisco Liriano ($8,000) vs. New York Mets (-156): Liriano will take on a very weak New York Mets team and looks to be one of the best match-ups on paper. He is certainly capable of laying a stinker out there for us as he has done recently. I think of the three guys listed here, he will be the highest owned and most likely for good reason.
Highest Scoring Games
– San Francisco Giants @ Colorado Rockies (Coors Field) – We have a game taking place at Coors Field today and it brings us an over/under of 10.5 with Tim Hudson going up against Chad Bettis. This series has yet to disappoint so far and I expect the offense to continue in this one. As always so far in 2015, make sure to check the weather on this one.
– Seattle Mariners @ Toronto Blue Jays (Rogers Centre) – This one finds its way onto the list as the Blue Jays and Mariners have potent offenses playing in a very hitter friendly park. Walker of the Mariners has really struggled so far this season and could be in for a long afternoon.
Toughest Left/Right Matchups
Toughest Pitchers vs. Left Handed Batters
– Sonny Gray vs Tampa Bay – Gray is holding lefties to a .179 average and a .487 OPS in 2015. Left handed hitters have accounted for just 12 combined runs (RS + RBI) through 9 starts.
– Erasmo Ramirez vs Oakland – This one caught me off guard as I just do not consider Ramirez a very good pitcher, but he has held lefties to a .167 average so far in 2015. They have an OPS of .556 while striking out every 4 at bats.
Toughest Pitchers vs. Right Handed Batters
– Raisel Iglesias vs. Cleveland – Iglesias has been extremely tough on righties so far in his young career as they are hitting just .172 with an OBP of .226 this season. He has struck out more righties than hits he has allowed to them.
– Miguel Gonzalez vs. Miami – Right handed batters are hitting just .190 and have an OBP of .281 against Gonzalez in 2015.
Best Left/Right Matchups
Easiest Pitchers vs. Left Handed Batters
– Mike Foltynewicz vs. Milwaukee – Foltynewicz is an impressive young right hander but he has certainly struggled vs lefties so far in his first major league season as they are hitting .391 with an OPS of 1.146 so far. They have 8 extra base hits to go along with 7 walks, while striking out just 7 times.
– Jeremy Hellickson vs. Arizona – Lefties are hitting .389 against Hellickson and have an OPS of 1.055 so far in 2015. They have 10 walks and just 10 strike outs through 8 starts.
Easiest Pitchers vs. Right Handed Batters
– Erasmo Ramirez vs Oakland – Erasmo has been hit by righties to the tune of a .304 average and a .807 OPS so far in 2015. They have a combined 29 runs in his 29.1 innings of work so far.
– Gio Gonzalez vs. Philadelphia – Gonzalez has given up a .310 average with an OPS of .878 to right handed hitters so far in 2015. They have 40 combined runs over his 8 starts.
– Since this day ends in a Y and their is a game in Denver we have some rain to pay attention to at Coors Field. I would not expect them to allow for an extremely long delay as both teams have to travel and have an early game on Monday. There is also some rain in the forecast in Kansas City today.
One Pitcher To Build Lineups Around
– Carlos Frias ($5,400) vs. San Diego Padres – I really like Frias as he has been very efficient and effective since joining the rotation and his price just never goes anywhere. He will certainly help to get exposure to the Coors game as well as be in a very good spot to get the win against the Padres, even with his opposing pitcher being James Shields.
Superstar Worth Paying For…
– Anthony Rizzo ($5,300) vs. Jeremy Hellickson – As I stated earlier, Hellickson gets lit up by left handed hitters and Rizzo is one of the best in the game. Rizzo went deep last night and I think makes a great option to hit a home run today.
Save Big Bucks By Drafting…
– Gerraro Parra ($3,300) vs. Mike Foltynewicz – As we saw earlier, Foltynewicz really struggles against left handed hitters and Parra seems to be in an excellent spot today as I believe he is hitting in the 2 spot, sandwiched between Gomez and Braun. Parra is always an intriguing option when he gets the start as he seems to be a spark plug and always seems to be put into a very plus match-up.