Another week, another race. Here we’ll break down all the most important Daily Fantasy NASCAR information in order to drive your success! The information below is provided by DraftKings. The information is not developed or provided by NASCAR, Inc., or its affiliates.
Top 5 Favorites to Win
1. Kevin Harvick – Anybody remember Cake? The band Cake? They’ve got a song called “Satan is my motor.” I’m sure Happy is a God fearing Christian, but “my intentions are good, and earnest, and true, but under my hood, is internal combustion power, and Satan is my motor.” No one can match Harvick’s speed. I honestly believe there might be something underneath the hood of his car. Maybe it’s not Satan, but it’s at least a banshee or a warlock. He’s got the best car and is the best driver to boot. In the last four races at Michigan, Harvick has finished 2nd in each race.
2. Dale Earnhardt Jr. – From the 88’s twitter account, “Fun damn day! Proud of our @nationwide88 car and the team. Gave up a few spots racing a bit to hard but nothing matters but wins these days.” Junior is running for wins; he wants to get out front, and that’s what we want out of our picks. He’s a top 5 driver this year and Michigan is a track where he excels. At Michigan, the 88 has led the 6th most laps and his 101.5 driver rating since 2013 is 4th best.
3. Martin Truex Jr. – In the first three weeks of daily fantasy NASCAR at DraftKings, Truex has been the best return on investment each week (1.12, 0.93, and 0.85 – divide salary by 100 to prevent large decimals, then divide points by the new salary number). Per dollar there hasn’t been a better play. Why should his run stop now?
4. Joy Logano – The Penske Fords seem to rope a dope us in practice each week. They look good in qualifying, but just okay in practice. Then the race comes and they’re back on top. Over the last four Michigan races, Logano has four top 10s (including a win). His 125.0 driver rating over that span is the best in NASCAR.
5. Matt Kenseth – He shook off the past performance stats at Pocono and drove to the front. At his modest price, it was hard to stay away from Kenseth last week, but at Michigan it’s going to be impossible. His twelve Top 5s rank him 3rd best and in 31 races, he’s finished outside the top 20 only twice. Kenseth leads the JGR drivers with 8 top 10s in 2015.
Long Shots to Score Big
1. Greg Biffle – The Bif was our number one longshot last week, and he hit it big jumping from 27th to 12th at Pocono. At Michigan, he’s one of the best with 4 wins and 15 top 10s.
2. Paul Menard – The DFS hero ran into bad luck last week. Hopefully, his price pushed you away, and you didn’t have to deal with a speeding penalty, a broken tachometer, and a flat tire. His poor performance should cause a slight price drop. The RCR driver has been successful at Michigan of late with three consecutive 4th place finishes.
3. Danica Patrick – Here me out. First of all, let me say that I did write up Danica as a bubble pick for Dover, and she was on the winning GPP team. Danica looked good at Dover and was near the top 10 late in the race before cutting down a tire. At Michigan, Danica has finished 13th, 23rd, 17th, and 18th. Those results with a Hendrick Engine for $8,000, that’s a pretty good deal.
*Martin Truex Jr. * – Clean air or dirty air, Truex has a fast car every week. Cole Pearn and the Furniture Row Racing team are mad scientists; they’ve created a monster. Nobody has led laps like Truex over the last month. Now that he’s got a win, he can relax. That’s scary.
*Kevin Harvick * – It can easily be argued that Harvick and his ride are faster than Truex. The only problem for Harvick is that Truex has qualified better, and always has an advantage. Harvick is due for another win; he has eight 2nd place finishes this season!
*Joey Logano * – Did anyone else see the 22 go from 43rd to the top five? He’s 4th in the standings and seems like a lock for the top 5 each week – He started 43rd and finished 4th! Logano’s running well and running into a track where he runs well.
- Jeff Gordon
- Jimmie Johnson
- Joy Logano
- Greg Biffle
- Greg Biffle
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Pick to Win
Kevin Harvick – What is there left to say about Harvick? Has he let you down before? I’ll take Harvick, you can have the field. Okay, that’s a little much, but who does Vegas like every single week? It’s Harvick.