Happy New Year! Here are your DraftKings player rankings for the January 1-2 bowl game slate. (For a complete list of Bowl player rankings, check out CollegeFootballGeek.com!)
As always, these weekly rankings will heavily weigh the player’s DraftKings salary versus expected production. If a player has a very high salary and a tough match up, that player could be ranked lower than a cheaper priced player with a better match up.
Players below are for the January 1st and 2nd slate
Marcus Mariota, Oregon vs. Florida State ($10300)
Expect huge numbers from Mariota in a potential shootout with the Seminoles.
2) Nick Marshall, Auburn vs. Wisconsin ($7900)
Marshall could go out with a bang against a Wisconsin defense that got shellacked in the Big 10 title game. His price is very enticing this week.
3) Jameis Winston, Florida State vs. Oregon ($6300)
Winston usually comes up huge in big games and this doesn’t get much bigger. Look for him to exploit a banged up Ducks secondary.
4) Joshua Dobbs, Tennessee vs. Iowa ($8500)
Dobbs could run and throw all over the Hawkeyes in this game. He could be a key to taking down a big GPP.
5) Jake Waters, Kansas State vs. UCLA ($7500)
Waters could post big numbers against a struggling Bruins defense. Expect Waters to come through with a big effort.
6) Brett Hundley, UCLA vs. Kansas State ($8700)
Hundley will be looking to go end his college career with a strong performance against Kansas State.
7) Bryce Petty, Baylor vs. Michigan State ($8100)
Petty has a touch match up, but comes in at a decent price. Expect plenty of throws from this Bear.
1) Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin vs. Auburn ($11000)
Gordon had a remarkable regular season and could have a big bowl game performance.
2) Jeremy Langford, Michigan State vs. Baylor ($9200)
Langford is averaging 29.02 DK fantasy points over the last six games. The Baylor rush defense is very good, but Langford is really hot. Look for this Spartan to find the end zone.
3) Dalvin Cook, Florida State vs. Oregon ($5400)
Cook is averaging 160 yards rushing in the last two games and could post big yards against the Ducks. He is one of our favorite plays of the Bowl season.
4) Royce Freeman, Oregon vs. Florida State ($7000)
Freeman could find plenty of room to run versus the Seminoles. Expect him to top the 100-yard mark and find pay dirt.
5) James Conner, Pitt vs. Houston ($9400)
Conner has scored 15 rushing touchdowns in the last six games. He could add a couple more to that total against Houston.
6) Cameron Artis-Payne, Auburn vs. Wisconsin ($6200)
CAP has been terrific this season and could have another big outing versus the Badgers.
1) Tyler Lockett, Kansas State vs. UCLA ($9100)
Lockett is averaging 29.43 DK fantasy points over the past four games. He could torch the Bruins and looks like the top WR option.
2) Amari Cooper, Alabama vs. Ohio State ($9700)
Cooper is pretty much a must start considering his production. He could have a huge game on the biggest stage.
3) Rashad Greene, Florida State vs. Oregon ($6600)
Greene could see a ton of targets in a potentially high scoring affair. His price appears to be very low considering his ceiling in this game. We love Greene this week.
4) Corey Coleman, Baylor vs. Michigan State ($7600)
Coleman had a big second half of the season and could make a couple of big plays against the Spartans. Look for Coleman to produce in a potentially high scoring affair.
5) Tyler Boyd, Pitt vs. Houston ($7800)
Boyd has scored in three consecutive games and could make it four in a row against Houston.
6) Tony Lippett, Michigan State vs. Baylor ($5900)
Lippett could find plenty of success against the 101st ranked pass defense in the country. His price is low and his ceiling is very high this week.
1) Nick O’Leary, Florida State vs. Oregon ($4100)
O’Leary has scored four times in the last three games and looks like the top TE choice in this slate of games. He could get loose against the Ducks.
2) Maxx Williams, Minnesota vs. Missouri ($3400)
Williams is always a decent option at TE and has a good shot at find the end zone against the Tigers.