We will take a look at some of today’s top overall plays as well as some value plays to help you fit in your studs. Make sure you take your shot at qualifying for the March Mania Bracket Tournament!
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in College hoops.
Qualifiers for March Mania are filling quickly, check them out!
Today’s early slate offers us 12 games with a few offering O/U’s above 130. Make sure you check the updated O/U’s prior to lock as about half of the games have not had them posted as of this writing. So sit back, read over what I have for you and get ready to enjoy a Thursday of great Conference tournament basketball.
- Kris Dunn, Providence ($10,000) – Dunn has to be considered the top overall option of the slate as Providence gets to take on St Johns in what should be an up and down, high scoring affair. He went for 30 the last time these two teams met and he has been sitting at 36+ in each of his last 3 games. His ceiling is around the 60 point mark as he is capable of a triple double any time he takes the court.
- Sir’Dominic Pointer, St Johns ($9,400) – Pointer is coming off of a very sub-par 20.5 fantasy point game and he went for 36.75 the last time these two teams met. Pointer’s price is as high as its been all season but that is OK with me as he has the same triple double capabilities as Dunn does, at a lower price. The big difference between the two is that Dunn always has the ball in his hands.
- D.J. Newbill, Penn St ($9,200) – Newbill came out and stated that he was extremely disappointed in being left off of the All Big Ten First Team and I think he plans on continuing to let his play do the talking as he took over down the stretch yesterday. He finished with 31 fantasy points on 22 shots in 38 minutes. That makes 44 shots taken in the last 2 games and I do not see that changing in this one. He went for 34.25 fantasy points against this Iowa team just two weeks ago and I think something similar is in store for today.
- Matt Carlino, Marquette ($8,100) – Carlino is just shooting lights out from deep right now and he is one of those guys that can sustain it for a handful of games, so I am willing to ride the hot streak. He has made 21 threes over the last 4 games and has totaled 136 fantasy points in those 4 games. He has 11 assists and 20 rebounds over that same time frame and should be Marquette’s #1 offensive threat.
- Marcus Paige, UNC ($7,600) – Paige seems to be playing his best basketball of the season and the Heels are going to need him to continue to step up and play like the pre-season All American that he was. I love his price as he has scored 73.75 fantasy points over his last two games and was just an assist short of a double double yesterday. He also chipped in 6 boards and I think he continues his play again today against a Louisville team that lost its best on-ball defender in Chris Jones.
- Aubrey Dawkins, Michigan ($4,900) – I really like Irvin and Dawkins today, however I went with just Dawkins due to price as Irvin is at $7.7K. Dawkins has put up 63.25 fantasy points in the last 2 games and is playing 30+ minutes a game. What scares me is he has been extremely scoring dependent, but is shooting extremely well from deep as he has made 12 threes over the last 2 games. I think Dawkins is a safe bet to reach the 20+ fantasy point mark which will pay off his salary.
- Jordan Green, Texas AM ($4,000) – It sounds like House is out for the SEC Tournament and that means a usage bump for Green. In the last game, without House, Green managed 10 shots and 19 fantasy points in 34 minutes and should be in line for some similar production today against Auburn. There is nothing very sexy about this pick, but it is all about the opportunity that Green is being afforded right now.
- Tarik Phillip, West Virginia ($3,000) – This one hinges on the health of Staten and Browne. Should either of them sit, I think Phillip sees a decent amount of minutes as he has put up 35.75 fantasy points in 52 minutes over the last 2 games. Should he see the 24+ minute mark again today, I think he is a safe bet to reach 6+x value return and could make it a lot easier to roster somebody like Dunn or Pointer.
- Montrezl Harrell, Louisville ($9,100) – Harrell is playing great basketball and is coming off of back to back 41+ fantasy point performances and gets to take on a UNC interior that might be without its big body in Kennedy Meeks. Harrell has put up 43 points and grabbed 24 rebounds over the last two and should have a strong chance at another 20 and 12 type of game.
- LaDontae Henton, Providence ($9,000) – I have been using a lot of Henton over the last 2 months and I think that continues today against St Johns. Over the last few weeks Henton has shown as a 45+ fantasy point ceiling and I think that is about where it sits today in what should be an up and down affair. When you have Dunn as your PG, you are always in his vision and should be able to find scoring opportunities.
- Taurean Prince, Baylor ($7,700) – Prince has been super consistent and I think he makes the best play for Baylor today as he does offer 40 point upside and about a 25 point floor. He has taken 13+ shots in 7 of his last 8 games and is coming off of a 39.25 fantasy point performance. He scored 27.75 fantasy points with 20 real game points the last time these two met.
- Kourtney Roberson, Texas AM ($6,700) – I look for Roberson to fill some of the role of House today and pick up some of that scoring that has been lost. Texas AM needs to make a run in the SEC tournament to better their Big Dance chances and I like Roberson against the weak Auburn interior that he went for a 12 and 11 double double against just 2 weeks ago, en route to a 30.25 fantasy point performance.
- Anthony Gill, Virginia ($6,600) – The last time these two met, Gill went for 25.75 fantasy points and was just 1 board short of a double double. His price has only come up $200 since then and he offers us about a 30 point ceiling with a 24 point floor. He is an extremely safe play and is probably best used in your cash games, however I would not fault you for putting him in your GPP lineup as he should reach value today against FSU.
- Luke Fischer, Marquette ($5,500) – Fischer is playing really well right now and he managed 24.75 fantasy points the last time these two teams met. He has put up 54 fantasy points over the last 2 and has managed to play 37.5 mpg over that span. He will not be the focal point of the offense but should be able to get some put backs and has the chance to get you a double double today. I think he offers us a shot at an 18 and 9 line, which would be excellent at just $5.5K.
- Tyler Harris, Providence ($4,800) – Harris has gone for 20.5+ fantasy points in 3 of his last 4 and is coming off of a 23.25 fantasy point performance. He is far from a safe play, but makes a great GPP option as he should be under owned, but has the ability to return 5 or 6x on his salary.
- Landen Lucas, Kansas ($4,500) – With the injury to Ellis and the possible infractions with Alexander, Lucas has seen his role expand and is coming off of a 13 and 12 double double which lead to 32.5 fantasy points. I think that is his ceiling but with his new role and 30+ minutes, he should be able to get you 20+ today against the decent interior of TCU.
That’s what we have for today and hopefully its a great day for you guys. Certainly hoping I can take down one of the March Mania Tournament qualifiers today and save me some stress! Hit me up on twitter, @Razzle11Grinds, if you have any questions or even news to share. I will certainly do my best to share injury news.