Welcome to day 2 of the post season and we are just 1 more day away from the Big Dance kicking off with a bang.
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in college hoops.
Tonight we get the second 2 first four round games for the NCAA tournament as well as a 7 game slate for the NIT. The Colorado St-North Dakota St game stands out as the main game to target tonight as it offers us a 143 point O/U which is followed closely by the Robert Morris-North Florida game at 141. Tonight is the last night to qualify for the $150K Cinderella Survivor.
- Keifer Sykes, Green Bay ($9,200) – Sykes is Mr. Do-it-all for the Phoenix as he takes 30% of the shots and assists on 26% of their made baskets. He is coming off of a 24.75 fantasy point performance and should bounce back as his 5 games prior to that saw him put up 38.75, 38.5, 48.5, 35.75 and 45.25. I would expect Sykes to want to go out with a bang and showcase his skills for the NBA scouts.
- Saah Nimley, Charleston Southern ($9,100) – Nimley’s ‘s are basically the same as Sykes’ as he takes 29.8 of the shots and assists on 25.7% of their baskets. Much like Sykes, Nimley is coming off of an uninspiring game where he put up 26.5 fantasy points. This under-sized guard rarely comes off of the court and is willing to jack in upwards of 30 shots in a game. The sheer volume should allow Nimley to offer us a very high floor tonight in a game with a 12 point spread.
- Trey Freeman, Old Dominion ($8,800) – Freeman is coming off of a 39.75 fantasy point game and has gone for 30+ in 7 of his last 10 games. Freeman takes 31.9% of the shots when he is on the court and assists on 26.5% of the baskets. He has scored 21+ real game points in 5 of his last 6 and offers us double double upside for a team that is projected to the 4th most points on the night.
- Derrick Marks, Boise St ($8,300) – Marks has not been all that great of late and I think that will keep his ownership down tonight and he has the ability to explode for a 50 fantasy point night. He has averaged around 26 per game over his last 5 but he takes an absurd amount of shots (36% of the teams shots). If he can get his shot straightened out, he can certainly offer us a 30-5-5 type line with a number of made threes.
- Daniel Bejarano, Colorado St ($7,400) – Bejarano takes 21% of the shots, assists on 19% of the baskets and grabs 21% of their defensive rebounds as a 6’5 guard. Colorado St runs at an above average pace and with the shot clock change, that should boost even more. Add in that Colorado St is projected to be the highest scoring team on the night and you have a recipe for a great night for Bejarano at just $7.4K.
- Joe De Ciman, Colorado St ($4,400) – De Ciman is a solid GPP play as he should see between 27 and 33 minutes tonight and offers us a ceiling of about 35 fantasy points, but along with that ceiling comes a floor of about 10. I will gladly take my chances with a guy that plays for the highest projected team total of the night. The opportunity will be there and De Ciman should be able to pay off his salary.
- Reed Tellinghuisen, South Dakota St ($4,400) – I shall refer to him as Reed even thought we have not met and tell you that he shoots about 42% from deep while taking about 62% of his shots from beyond the arc. He has put up 38.25 fantasy points over his last 2 games with a high of 25.5 over his last 10. He has contributed 17 rebounds over his last two games as well and should he be able to knock down a couple threes, he should more than pay off his $4.4K salary.
- Tyreek Jewell, St Francis Brooklyn ($4,200) – Jewell is coming off of a 33.25 fantasy point game and should be able to follow that up with 18-22 tonight. He takes about 24% of the teams shots when he is on the floor, but the negative is that he does not necessarily shoot it very well. However, as evidenced by his last game, he is capable of getting hot and crushing his value tonight.
- Brad Waldow, St Marys ($9,300) – Waldow is the most expensive F on the slate and while he may not offer 50 fantasy point upside for his price, he does offer a very safe floor tonight. He routinely sits between 33 and 38 fantasy points and I will gladly take that near guaranteed production.
- J.J. Avila, Colorado St ($8,800) – Avila is expected to return tonight after missing their last game, but make sure to monitor his status. As long as he returns with no restrictions, Avila offers us a 50 fantasy point ceiling as just 2 games ago he went for 52.75 fantasy points against Utah St. He takes nearly 27% of the teams shots while shooting 56% from the field.
- Jalen Cannon, St Francis Brooklyn ($8,700) – Cannon has 3 straight double doubles and 8 in his last 10 games. Cannon is St Francis’ best player and he plays a lot bigger than his 6’6 frame. In 5 of his last 10 games he has gone for 45+ fantasy points and 36+ in 2 more. St Francis will need everything from Cannon tonight if they want to pull an upset against the 10 point favorite Richmond Spiders.
- Dyshawn Pierre, Dayton ($7,800) – Pierre is coming off of a 35.75 fantasy point game thanks to a 14 and 11 double double. Over his last 10 games he has shown us 50 fantasy point upside and has gone for 35+ in 5 of those 10 games. He takes 25% of the shots, rebounds 31% of the misses and assists on 21% of their baskets. This is projected to be a very close first four game and Dayton gets the boost by being able to host this game for some absurd reason.
- Lucky Jones, Robert Morris ($6,800) – Jones has put up 36.25 fantasy points over his last 2 games but prior to that had put up 26+ in 7 of 8 games and is capable of putting up 6+ three point shots and shoots them at a 35% clip. He takes slightly more 3’s than 2’s and offers us 40 fantasy point upside. He has 55 rebounds over his last 10 games and offers us an outside chance at a double double tonight.
- T.J. Cline, Richmond ($5,600) – I have Cline included for tonight’s slate as he has been very safe of late as he has gone for 21.5, 23.25 and 26 fantasy points over his last 3. Cline takes 29.2% of the shots when he is on the court and grabs 16% of the defensive rebounds while shooting 41% from three on the season.
- Deontae Hawkins, Illinois St ($4,700) – Hawkins is coming off of a 22.5 fantasy point game and just three games ago went for 32.25 fantasy points. He basically offers us a floor of about 10 points tonight with a ceiling around 30, which I will gladly take my chances with for just $4.7K. At his price point for tonight’s game, he has hit value 6 of his last 10 games.
- Zach Thomas, Bucknell ($4,700) – Thomas has put up 78.75 fantasy points over his last 3 games while averaging 30 minutes of action. The freshman’s role has been growing over the last month and I would expect him to keep up the 30 minutes of run and 25 fantasy point averages tonight against Temple. It is not the greatest of match-ups, however Thomas needs to provide us about 19 points to reach value tonight.
That’s what we have for today and hopefully its a great day for you guys. Hit me up on twitter, @Razzle11Grinds, if you have any questions or even news to share. I will certainly do my best to share injury news.