Today’s “CBB Targets” breaks down the college basketball slate we have with a look at the studs, sleepers, and mid-range players you want to have in your lineups.
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in College hoops.
We have an excellent 12 game slate today. There are a number of high scoring games projected, including Notre Dame-Duke, North Carolina-Boston College, Providence-Xavier and Illinois-Michigan State. However, with this slate, you do not have to focus on just those games as a number of the other games have O/U’s between 130 and 140, which should offer some fantasy goodness as well.
- Jerian Grant, Notre Dame ($9500) – Grant is probably the second best player in the game, however he may be the one that puts up the most fantasy points today. Duke and Notre Dame faced off just 10 days ago and we saw Grant put up 51 fantasy points. I do not expect him to crack the 50 point plateau again but I do think a 40+ point game is a high probability with his attacking style and the obvious defensive concerns of the Blue Devils.
- Denzel Valentine, Michigan State ($8500) – Valentine has arguably been the Spartans most valuable player so far this season. Over his last 3 games he has been averaging 15.3 Shot attempts with 8.3 of those being from 3 point land and making 3 of those per game which is a nice little boost with the 3 point bonus. Valentine also hits the glass quite well with 25 rebounds over the last 3, including an 11 rebound performance which earned him the 3 point double double bonus against Nebraska. He very much has the all around game to be the top overall player of the day.
- Isaiah Whitehead, Seton Hall ($6500) – Whitehead’s a freshman guard who had missed about a month but before missing time, he had shown 40+ fantasy point upside. Any time you can get that kind of upset at this price, you should be all over it. His shot has shown a little rust since returning, however he is attacking the rim and in the two games since returning he has 19 free throw attempts while playing 47 minutes total. His minutes should continue to creep up to the 27-30 mpg mark.
- Jahlil Okafor, Duke ($9600) – Like I said above, this Notre Dame-Duke game should be full of fantasy goodness and Jahlil is the best player in this game. Much like Grant, the last time these two teams met in January, Okafor went off and put up 49.25 fantasy points. He’s the best bet of the slate to get you that double double bonus. The only thing that can drive you nuts about Okafor when rostering him is his struggles at the free throw line. I know, nitpicking but that’s what you get from a life long UNC Fan. Anyways, Okafor will most likely fight it out with Grant to be the top overall play of the day.
- LaDontae Henton, Providence ($8500) – At first glance at Henton’s most recent game log you see some pretty uninspiring numbers over the last 3. His shot looks to have hit a mini-slump but I believe a match-up with Xavier is the cure. Much like Okafor and Grant, Henton gets to take on a team that he recently torched for a 40 fantasy point performance. That game was just 16 days ago and his price has actually dropped since then, making this a very good spot to buy somewhat low on him.
- JayVaughn Pinkston, Villanova ($5000) – Pinkston has been somewhat of a disappointment this season as most thought he would take a step forward from last year and continue his growth. With that said, $5K for somebody with his abilities is generally a steal. He has shown 40+ point upside this year and while I think that was more of an outlier, I feel very confident in a 20-25 fantasy point game which will get you 4-5x value and allow you to roster a couple of the stud players and who knows, if he does show his ceiling in this, he could put you in a run away position to take down a GPP. I do think he is a safe $5K player for cash games as well.