We will take a look at some of today’s top overall plays as well as some value plays to help you fit in your studs. Make sure you take your shot at qualifying for the March Mania Bracket Tournament!
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in College hoops.
Qualifiers for March Mania are filling quickly, check them out!
Saturday brings us an impressive 15 game slate. I know that can sound a little overwhelming, however I am here to help you try to break down some of the better plays of the day and hopefully help you take down some money. The O/U’s for today have not been posted as of yet so make sure to check those out and target some of the high scoring games, but do not be afraid to find some of the guys that are in a great spot today even if they aren’t playing in one of the highest scoring games. Today’s slate has a lot of options and its always best to remember your best research tool is your gut instinct
- D.J. Newbill, Penn State ($9,100) – Newbill single handedly carried Penn State against Wisconsin and nearly brought them back. He is somebody that is never highly owned, but he is capable of putting up nearly 50 fantasy points and he rarely comes off of the court.
- Sir’Dominic Pointer, St. Johns ($8,600) – I have been completely wrong of late when it comes to predicting the St. Johns plays of the day. So with that said, I am going back to basics here and getting back on the Pointer train. He is able to do everything on the court for St. Johns, offers double double and even triple double upside and he is actually priced cheaper than D’Angelo Harrison.
- Isaiah Whitehead, Seton Hall ($7,800) – Whitehead has shown us an extremely high usage rate as well as the ability to get fantasy points in a hurry. I look for him to step up today in the absence of his backcourt mate, Sterling Gibbs. I think the St Johns-Seton Hall tilt will be full of fantasy goodness today and you certainly can not go wrong targeting this game.
- Marcus Paige, North Carolina ($7,500) – Paige has been playing some pretty unimpressive ball of late, however I think that makes it the perfect time to get exposure to him today. He is capable of getting us nearly 50 fantasy points and is capable of filling up the stat sheet. His shooting of late has been pretty bad but at some point, a player of Paige’s caliber will break out and we will want to be ahead of the curve on for that party.
- Juwan Staten, West Virginia ($7,400) – Staten has been solid, yet unspectacular of late and I think he is in a great spot today against Oklahoma St. He has shown us double double and 40 point upside of late and is certainly in play for 35+ today. He is capable of doing a little bit of everything on the floor and I can see a final stat line along the lines of 18-8-6 today.
- Jalen Jones, Texas A&M ($5,900) – Jones is an absolute steal at this price and I feel like he needs to be in your lineup today. I think he is easily a $7K player and we should see his price jump back up in the next week or so. Texas A&M has been playing more balanced of late and Jones isn’t being asked to be the number 1 scoring threat, however he has double double upside and is certainly capable of going for 30+ today against South Carolina.
- Khadeen Carrington, Seton Hall ($5,400) – I think Carrington is in an excellent spot today and should try to help out in picking up the slack for the suspended Sterling Gibbs. Carrington has been pretty quiet of late, however has shown us nearly 40 point upside and that’s something you have to love being able to target at this price point.
- JaJuan Johnson, Marquette ($4,400) – This pick is mostly dependent on Matt Carlino’s health for this game. The last I heard via the beat writer for Marquette, Carlino did not practice at all this week which should lead doubt into his health for today. Johnson has filled in pretty solidly in Carlino’s absence, however recency bias will be out there today as he put up a dud last time out against Creighton. He is certainly capable of getting you 5x value today.
- Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin ($9,700) – Frank is as consistent as they come and that is what can make his ownership level be so low. Over the last month of play, he has scored 30 or more fantasy points 8 times and is a good bet for 35-40. He hasn’t shown us the ability to get you 50+ lately but I will look to take 35+ today.
- Michael Gbinije, Syracuse ($8,800) – Both Gbinije and Christmas are in play today against a Pitt team that they recently put up 34 and 41 fantasy points respectively, against. I am choosing Gbinije as he is the cheaper of the two and has gone for 30+ in 6 straight games.
- Sam Dekker, Wisconsin ($7,400) – Dekker has been playing some of his best basketball of late and will look to continue his play in a game against Minnesota that could see the Badgers playing up in pace slightly. His price has come up about $1200 over the last month but for good reason. He may not offer you much more than 36-38 fantasy point upside, however he is certainly capable of going for 30+ when Kaminsky is going for 35+ as well.
- Jameel McKay, Iowa St ($7,200) – McKay is finally no longer an instant plug into the value plays as his price has jumped $1600 since their last game. That is alright with me as some will see his price jump and instantly look elsewhere. He is coming off a 36 fantasy point performance in which he went for 17 and 14. Today he takes on Texas in what should be one of the higher scoring games of the slate.
- Angel Delgado, Seton Hall ($7,100) – I know what you are thinking, 3 Seton Hall players? Well, I really like the spot that they are in today and feel like there is a good chance that all 3 hit value. I love Delgado’s double double upside and think he is more than capable of putting up 35+ fantasy points today and has shown us nearly 50 point upside this season.
- Kourtney Roberson, Texas A&M ($5,500) – Roberson has been extremely solid the last 2 as he has gone for 29 and 31.25 fantasy points. I like Jones a little bit better today, however in spots where I am not using Jones, I will certainly have Roberson as his $5.5K price tag is just too low for the way he has been playing. He is coming off of a 16 and 11 double double and can certainly put together that same type of game today.
- Trevon Bluiett, Xavier ($5,000) – Bluiett is coming off of a very ugly 3.25 fantasy point game and recency bias will have a lot of people looking elsewhere. If you have read my articles before, you know that I love spots like these with a player who has shown us to have 30+ fantasy point upside. He is a very talented player and I think he should be able to return to the 20-30 fantasy point range today, which is more than enough to pay off his salary.
- Norense Odiase, Texas Tech ($4,300) – Can not say that I ever thought I would be writing up a Texas Tech player, but that day has come. Odiase has been playing some pretty solid basketball of late and has put up 23, 19.5 and 21.75 fantasy points over his last 3. At $4.3k, I will glady take 20 fantasy points today and he has an outside shot at getting you 25+ as he does have double double potential.
That’s what we have for today and hopefully its a great day for you guys. Certainly hoping I can take down one of the March Mania Tournament qualifiers today and save me some stress! Hit me up on twitter, @Razzle11Grinds, if you have any questions or even news to share. I will certainly do my best to share injury news.