We will take a look at some of today’s top overall plays as well as some value plays to help you fit in your studs. Make sure you take your shot at qualifying for the March Mania Bracket Tournament!
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in College hoops.
Qualifiers for March Mania are filling quickly, check them out!
Sunday’s All Day slate brings us a 10 game schedule with a few projected high scoring Pac-12 games as well as what should be an up-tempo Big Ten match-up. There are also some pretty slow games on the schedule, so you will want to pick and choose wisely. Let’s take a look at some of the targets for the day.
EDIT: TODAY’S MIAMI-BOSTON COLLEGE GAME HAS BEEN POSTPONED!!
- Anthony Brown, Stanford ($8,700) – My love affair with Brown will continue today, even after the dud he put up last game. I will give him a pass in that one as it was against Utah and their highly rated defense. He brings mid 40s upside and is generally rather consistent, as he does a little bit of everything on the court. Stanford is a road favorite in this one and this game should stay pretty close.
- Yogi Ferrell, Indiana ($8,400) – You’ll notice a theme today as I am a big fan of this game. It should easily be the highest scoring of the day and there are a number of players in play here. Ferrell is one that I have not been targeting as I generally prefer to go with his cheaper teammates (Blackmon JR and Williams-More on them later) but I can not ignore how well he has been playing. He can catch fire from 3 and make 4 or 5 in a row. He may be a pretty small guard but he is not afraid to get involved in the rebounding game.
- Terran Petteway, Nebraska ($8,200) – I am really not a fan of Nebraska and their lack of overall offense, however it is nearly impossible to ignore the fact that Petteway has a ridiculously high usage rate. For you NBA guys out there, I would almost have to compare it to the usage of Westbrook when Durant misses a game. He will certainly get up 16-24 shots in this one and theres a good chance half of them will come from 3. He definitely has 50 point upside, I just fear the pace of this game as Nebraska plays at one of the slowest tempos in the country.
- Andre Hollins, Minnesota ($8,100) – Hollins has shown us nearly 50 point upside and he is not afraid to shoot from deep. He has averaged nearly 35 fantasy points per game over the last 7 and with this game projected to be the highest scoring of the day, make sure you get the top plays from this game in your lineup. One thing that scares me about Hollins in this one is the fact that at times he defers the ball handling and will disappear. However, he is the best player on the Golden Gophers.
- T.J. McConnell, Arizona ($7,200) – I love what T.J. does on the court and more often than not he is more valuable to Arizona than he is to a fantasy team. However, he is averaging nearly 36 fantasy points over the last 2 games and will look to continue his hot hand today as last time out he put up a nice double double. What scares me is he often defers and does not have a very high usage rate.
- James Blackmon JR, Indiana ($6,900) – His price is not necessarily in the value range, however for this up tempo match-up I find it far too low for how high his usage rate is. He has 40 fantasy point upside for about $600 less than what you should probably pay for him today. He was injured for a bit and looks to be working off the rust as shown by his recent 2 for 14 game against Maryland. He’s a willing rebounder and he is not afraid to shoot.
- Tra Holder, Arizona State ($5,700) – After hitting 5, 6 and 4x value over his last 3, we get a $400 price drop on Holder today. He’s not extremely flashy but he just gets it done on the court and at the end of the game you’ll see him with 10 shot attempts, 15 points 5 assists and 4 rebounds. Take that production and move along to the next lineup spot.
- LeRon Barnes, Houston ($5,100) – Definitely not a house hold name, however he has been playing some solid basketball of late. Last time out against SMU, Barnes went for a 14 and 10 double double and appears to be back to getting his full allotment of minutes. He has 6x upside and should be able to easily return you the 4x value we are looking for.
- Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin ($9,300) – I will do my best to not make this sound like a homer pick (Badger state for life!) and try to focus just on how Kaminsky does everything on the court. I know the Badgers like to play at a slower pace, however they are not against playing faster as well. This is not the same Bo Ryan team from the last handful of years. He has 50 fantasy point upside as he can put up 30 and grab 10 boards, while handing out a couple assists and knocking down a few 3s. Illinois just does not have anybody to match up with the 7 footer. This game has one of the lowest projected O/U’s and I think that will dictate Kaminsky’s ownership %.
- Stanley Johnson, Arizona ($7,900) – Johnson should have no troubles with the interior of Washington State today. He has the highest usage rate on Arizona and shoots it extremely well from everywhere on the court. Do not try to get cute today and look elsewhere, as I feel Johnson is nearly as safe as anybody to hit 4x value with the 5x return possibility extremely high.
- Josh Scott, Colorado ($7,500) – Scott’s price has shot up, but for good reason. I actually believe he is an $8.5-9K player when he is 100% healthy. He has to be getting closer and closer to being full strength and I look for him to get back into playing 32-35 minutes in today’s game. I do not believe Stanford has a forward that can stick with Scott and their interior has shown a propensity to foul at a very high rate. I look to Scott to explode today and put up a 25 and 10 line for the Buffaloes.
- Troy Williams, Indiana ($7,400) – Williams is the 3rd Hoosier on the list today. I do not advocate using all 3, however I have seen it done in some circumstances and it pay off handsomely. He has 2 double doubles over his last 4 and has put up 32+ fantasy points in 3 of those 4 games.
- A.J. Hammons, Purdue ($6,500) – I know, Purdue vs Nebraska is not a game that brings much excitement however Nebraska has nobody that match Hammons. He has been playing some excellent basketball of late and should have no problem putting up a solid double double today. 40 point fantasy upside with a 25 point floor in this one, which should be solid enough for your Cash and GPP lineups.
- Danrad Knowles, Houston ($5,400) – Knowles’ most recent game log looks pretty uninspiring, however he has shown 40 point upside and at his price, you can not ask for a better situation. He certainly can disappear and leave you with a 10, however if he goes off you will be left scrambling should you not have exposure to him. This game should stay close throughout and has an O/U of 135.5.
- Savon Goodman, Arizona State ($4,900) – Goodman is finally getting the minutes he so much deserves and over the last few, we have seen his fantasy production grow each time out. At his price tag today, we are looking for about 20 fantasy points, which I believe he should have some time in the first half today as I am predicting a monster game from him. Washington just has no interior in this game and Goodman could easily have a double double by half time.
- Kasey Wilson, UCF ($4,600) – Wilson missed a game and a half and was able to return on the 11th and put up a nice 18 and 11 double double en route to a 35.75 fantasy point performance. Last time out against Houston, Wilson went for 8 points and 10 boards in 21 minutes of action and should be able to grow that performance and end up with 27-30 minutes. Plug him in, along with Goodman and enjoy the additional cap you have to get some of the big names in.
That’s what we have for today and hopefully its a great day for you guys. Certainly hoping I can take down one of the March Mania Tournament qualifiers today and save me some stress! Hit me up on twitter, @Razzle11Grinds, if you have any questions or even news to share. I will certainly do my best to share injury news.