2020 DRAFTKINGS SPORTS BETTING SPRING CHAMPIONSHIP
PROMOTION RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE REGARDING DRAFTKINGS 2020 SPORTS BETTING SPRING CHAMPIONSHIP
IMPORTANT! PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THESE PROMOTION RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS (hereinafter, “SBSC Promotion Rules” or “Promotion Rules” or “Rules”) BEFORE ENTERING THE 2020 DRAFTKINGS SPORTS BETTING SPRING CHAMPIONSHIP. THESE PROMOTION RULES AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS.
A. SBSC Betting Rules and Eligibility
1. The Sports Betting Spring Championship (“SBSC Promotion” or “Promotion” or “SBSC”) refers to the sports betting tournament held between and including March 19-22, 2020 (the “SBSC Promotion Dates”) exclusively for DraftKings Customers who gain entry pursuant to these SBSC Promotion Rules (“Contestants” or “Contestant”). The SBSC Promotion will be administered and scored according to these SBSC Promotion Rules as well as the Bet Offer Rules (https://sportsbook.draftkings.com/help/general-betting-rules/bet-offer-rules), Result Settlement Rules (https://sportsbook.draftkings.com/help/general-betting-rules/result-settlement), Sport Rules (https://sportsbook.draftkings.com/help/sport-rules/basketball), Sport Specific Limits (https://sportsbook.draftkings.com/help/general-betting-rules/sport-specific-limits), and Sportsbook Game Conditions (https://sportsbook.draftkings.com/help/general-betting-rules/sportsbook-game-conditions)(collectively referred to as “Betting Rules”), which are incorporated by reference in their entirety.
3. DraftKings reserves the right to amend these Promotion Rules at any time, and it is your responsibility to review these Promotion Rules for any changes. By entering the SBSC (as defined in Section B, below) or by participating in the SBSC after we change these Promotion Rules, you accept all changes. Any change in the structure of the Prize shall be made prior to the beginning of the SBSC Promotion.
4. DraftKings reserves the right to change or cancel this Promotion at any time. If DraftKings cancels the Promotion prior to it starting, you may be entitled to a refund depending on how you received your SBSC Ticket (as detailed below in Section B); that is, if you won an SBSC Ticket pursuant to Subsection B(1)(a) below DK will deposit $7,000 into your DraftKings account and if you purchased a Ticket pursuant to Subsection (B)(1)(b) below DK will deposit $5,000 into your DraftKings account.
5. DraftKings reserves the right to exclude any individual(s) from participation if it determines, in its sole discretion, that there are, among other reasons, irregularities, fraudulent activities, or abuses occurring in connection with the SBSC or a Contestant’s entry.
8. For the avoidance of doubt, all Contestants must be physically present in the State of New Jersey on the SBSC Promotion Dates in order to place a wager during the SBSC. Unless you are physically present in New Jersey, you cannot place a wager on DraftKings for the SBSC.
9. DraftKings reserves the right to include additional states other than New Jersey, should such state approve DraftKings running the SBSC Promotion in the respective state. In such case, such Contestant shall be required to comply with the Promotion Rules herein, as well as any applicable state regulations.
10. All references to time of day contained herein refer to Eastern Daylight Time.
11. If you are eligible to participate in SBSC, you have the option to watch games and place wagers at a DraftKings SBSC Venue (“SBSC Venue”). DraftKings shall provide information on the SBSC Venue prior to the SBSC. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
B. Entry into the SBSC
1. Contestants have two (2) entry options into the SBSC:
a. In the first entry option, Contestants can win a Ticket to the SBSC Promotion (“Ticket” or “SBSC Ticket”) by winning a top prize in a DraftKings Daily Fantasy Sports qualifier contest (a “Qualifier”), which entitles the Contestant to a Ticket for entry to the SBSC plus airfare and lodging (“Ticket Winner”). Qualifiers will be run from time to time in the sole discretion of DraftKings up to and through March 18, 2020. The Ticket Winner will also win the following: a trip for two (2) to Weehawken, New Jersey; a $1,000 cash credit to the winner’s DraftKings’ customer account for transportation to/from the SBSC; and accommodations for four (4) nights (arriving on March 19, 2020 and departing on March 22, 2020) (collectively, the “Qualifier Prize”). The approximate retail value of the Qualifier Prize is $7,000.
If you win the Qualifier Prize but are found to be ineligible to place Sportsbook wagers in the New Jersey (including self-excluded customers), DraftKings will provide a $7,000 credit into your DraftKings customer account in lieu of your participation in the SBSC. SBSC Tickets are not otherwise redeemable for cash or credit.
If two or more DraftKings customers tie for a Ticket in a Qualifier, there will be a playoff promotion between the tied DraftKings customers, as solely determined by DraftKings, to determine the SBSC Ticket Winner. DraftKings will try to provide a playoff in the sport in which the tie took place. However, if there is no slate of games for that sport available between the date of the tie and March 18, 2020 DraftKings at its sole discretion may select another sport in which to run the playoff.
b. In the Second entry option, a Contestant can “buy-in” to the SBSC by buying a Ticket for FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($5,000) by no later than March 21 at 12:00 p.m., after which time no more new Contestants shall be allowed to buy-in.
Contestants that buy-in to the SBSC shall not receive any travel or hotel accommodations and shall receive only the Ticket for entry to the SBSC. Buy-in details are located on the SBSC promotional page located at https://sportsbook.draftkings.com/lp/sports-betting-spring-championship-2020 or https://draftkings.com/lp/sports-betting-spring-championship-2020.
The $5,000 entry Ticket for each Contestant is broken down as follows:
$2,000 will be used as the Contestant’s bankroll (earmarked with special DraftKings Sports Book Dollars) for wagering during the Promotion, and the bankroll and any winnings derived from it will be credited to the Contestant’s account at the completion of the event.
$2,800 will be used towards the prize pool (“Prize Pool”) for the Promotion. See Section D for how payouts and prizes will be distributed.
$200 will be retained by DraftKings as an administrative fee for the operation of the event.
2. DraftKings may, in its sole discretion, from time to time, elect to provide other means of Entry to the SBSC via other promotions, giveaways, contests, or competitions.
3. SBSC Contestants are only eligible for one (1) Ticket per person.
C. Operation of the SBSC Promotion
1. DraftKings will provide Contestants with a SBSC-Designated Account (“SBSC-Designated Account”) prior to Thursday March 19 at 10:00 A.M., which all Contestants must use during the Promotion. All SBSC wagers must be placed in the SBSC-Designated Account in order for that wager to count towards the SBSC. Wagers made outside the SBSC-Designated Account will not count towards the SBSC (e.g. all wagers placed on your normal DraftKings Sportsbook account will not count towards the SBSC tournament.).
2. Contestants can only place wagers from 10:00 A.M. on March 19 up to 7:29:59 P.M on March 22, 2020. Contestants are prohibited from placing wagers in their SBSC-Designated Account after 7:29:59 P.M. DraftKings shall be the official time keeper.
3. SBSC Contestants can wager only on NBA and NCAA March Madness tournament games that are approved for betting in the state of New Jersey only. For avoidance of doubt, this does not include games involving New Jersey-based colleges and universities. SBSC Contestants shall be prohibited from wagering on NIT tournament games or other non-NCAA March Madness tournament college basketball games.
4. Bets will be visible to all Contestants on the SBSC leaderboard approximately 30 minutes after placement.
5. If you place a wager on a SBSC ineligible bet, DraftKings will unilaterally void such ineligible wager. In this instance, DraftKings does not require your authorization to void such ineligible bet.
6. All Promotion Rules and Betting Rules will be applied consistently to each Contestant.
7. SBSC Contestants using their SBSC-Designated Accounts are not eligible for any general DraftKings Sportsbook promotional offers including but not limited to Odds Boosts, Free Bets, account creation incentives’ (e.g. Refer a Friend) or Insurance Promotions. On discovery by DraftKings, bets placed on any promotional offer using your SBSC-Designated Account, will be voided and the wager will be returned to the customer.
8. All SBSC Contestants will be subject to the same betting limits rules. Although limits will be applied consistently among all Contestants, limits are impacted by a Contestant’s individual wager(s). Limits may be impacted when certain wagers are accepted or rejected.
Any request submitted by a Contestant to accept a wager in excess of that maximum wager will be rejected. If a requested wager is inadvertently accepted in excess of the offered maximum, that excess wager will be voided and the wager will be returned to the customer. The voiding process is not automated and will be subject to processing time before funds are accessible.
9. Contestants are required to place a minimum of $1,000 in total wagers during the SBSC Promotion Dates in order to be eligible for Prizes, regardless of a Contestants final score. If a Contestant does not meet minimum wagering requirements the Contestant will still receive the value of their bankroll at the conclusion of the SBSC.
10. At the SBSC Venue there may be a help desk available if you have any questions regarding the Promotion. If you are not physically at a SBSC Venue during the Promotion, you can email DraftKings at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding the Promotion.
11. Grading of bets during the SBSC:
a. All bets during the SBSC are graded by a third-party operator – DraftKings does not grade the bets.
b. All SBSC Contestants shall be subject to the same grading rules for each bet.
c. All bets are graded at an event or market level.
d. Not all bets are graded at the same time which will impact when winnings will be available on your SBSC-Designated Account.
e. There is no advantage with respect to the timing of grading of any wager for Contestants who are physically present at a SBSC Venue.
f. Given the timing for grading and the potential for a delayed finish or overtime, it may not be possible to reinvest winnings from one bet before the start of another bet.
12. Settlements of Bets during the SBSC:
a. Winning bets are ordered for settlement (paid out) in a manner that randomizes the sequential timing of account balance updates, following a market being graded.
b. SBSC Contestants acknowledge and understand that DraftKings has no control over the order of individual payouts for a given market.
c. SBSC Contestants acknowledge and understand that the timing of payments may be delayed which means that your payment may not appear in your SBSC-Designated Account for some period of time after a bet is graded.
D. SBSC Winner and Prizes
1. Contestants shall compete on the SBSC Promotion Dates for the highest final total score (“Final Score”) by placing wagers on various sports as detailed in these Rules. Any Contestant who does not meet the minimum wagering requirements will receive a Final Score of 0.
2. The winner of the SBSC Promotion shall be the Contestant with the highest Final Score at the conclusion of eligible games (the “Winner”). Final Score shall be calculated as a Contestant’s SBSC bankroll total, plus any applicable federal taxes withheld, less ineligible wagers (if applicable).
3. The SBSC scoring is final once grading of all Contestants’ eligible wagers is complete and any scoring adjustments have been applied.
4. At the conclusion of the SBSC Promotion, the bankroll in each Contestant’s SBSC-Designated Account and any Leaderboard Prizes will be deposited in the Contestant’s cash balance on DraftKings Sports Book.
5. There is a minimum guaranteed amount for the Prize Pool of ONE MILLION AND FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1,500,000) and a first-place Prize of FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS ($500,000) to the Winner. All money reserved for the Prize Pool ($2,800) for each Contestant is guaranteed to be paid out.
Up to 535 Contestants, the “Prize” or “Prizes” shall be the following:
6. There is no maximum number of Contestants who may enter the SBSC. The value of the Prizes, however, will increase according to this payout table if there are more than 535 Contestants into the SBSC, as follows:
For example, if there are 550 Contestants in the SBSC, the total prize pool would be $1,540,000 (550 multiplied by $2,800). The resulting 2nd place prize would be $260,000 according to this table.
7. In the event of a tie for any Prize in the SBSC, Promotion Prizes shall be divided evenly amongst the tied Contestants. For example, if two Contestants tie for first place, each tied Contestant shall receive one half of both the first-place prize and the second-place prize.
E. Additional Terms and Conditions of Participation in SBSC
SBSC Contestants are additionally required to comply with the following:
• To the extent permitted by law, winners and all applicable guests consent to the use of their name, voice, video, and likeness/photograph in connection with the development, production, distribution, commercialization, promotion and/or exploitation of DraftKings and the SBSC Promotion in a form reasonably directed by DraftKings;
• Refrain from acting as a brand ambassador, or in any way promoting or endorsing for commercial purposes any company other than DraftKings;
• Consent to the release of certain personal information to DraftKings for purposes related to participation and eligibility for your participation in the SBSC;
• Execute documents as DraftKings may reasonably request;
• Respond in a timely manner to DraftKings’ reasonable requests to facilitate trip planning and coordination;
• At all times while traveling to, from and while attending the SBSC, use their best efforts to uphold the good name, image and reputation of DraftKings and refrain from making any statements or engaging in conduct which could damage or bring into disrepute the name, image, and/or reputation of DraftKings; and
• At all times conduct themselves in a professional manner, and refrain from any conduct or activity that may bring the winner into disrepute or harm the finalist or winner’s name or reputation.
If a Contestant wins a Prize but does not meet the conditions set forth in this Paragraph E, as determined by DraftKings in its sole discretion, such Contestant, as the case may be, may not be entitled to the Prize, or any other prize, compensation or monetary value whatsoever, as determined by DraftKings in its sole discretion.
F. Miscellaneous Terms and Conditions
1. HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS: Once hotel accommodations have been confirmed, when applicable no changes will be allowed except by DraftKings or its designees. Hotel accommodations are subject to additional restrictions and requirements as set forth in the hotel agreement between the Contestant and the hotel designated by DraftKings. All incidentals not mentioned within the Qualifier Prize details, including, without limitation, luggage fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges, room services, minibar, incidentals, entertainment, damage to hotel room, security fees, gratuities, taxes or other expenses, are the sole responsibility of the Qualifier Prize winner and his/her travel companion.
2. AIRFARE: The winner of the Qualifier Prize shall be responsible for coordinating and booking his/her own transportation, transfers, and similar. DraftKings shall have no responsibility or liability for winner’s transportation, transfers, and similar except for providing the credit outlined above. The winner and his/her guest will be responsible for all airfare costs and fees in excess of the credit.
3. INCIDENTAL EXPENSES: All other expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the SBSC Promotion Rules, including but not limited to, travel costs, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, luggage fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges, damage to hotel room, security fees, gratuities, taxes or other expenses, including any transportation not mentioned within such Qualifier Prize description, including without limitation, transportation to and from airports and flights, are the sole responsibility of the Qualifier Prize winner and his/her travel companion. The Qualifier Prize winner and his/her travel companion are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that DraftKings has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance.
Contestants in the SBSC understand and acknowledge that their wagers, once placed, shall be made public and displayed in conjunction with the operation of the SBSC to all Contestants on leaderboards and in any other way deemed appropriate by DraftKings for the duration of the Promotion, and in perpetuity as DraftKings deems fit.
8. CONSENT OF USE. To the extent permitted by applicable law, each Contestant who enters the SBSC Promotion hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the editing, modification, replication, publication and/or other use of the names, likenesses, photographs, videos, voices of the Contestant in any medium, whether now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation, any and all advertising, promotions, and other publicity conducted by DraftKings.
9. In the event of a Force Majeure, DraftKings may reschedule the SBSC promotion, or may cancel the SBSC Promotion altogether. As used herein, a “Force Majeure” event shall mean the interruption of or material interference with DraftKings’ ability to hold the Promotion or to grant the Contestants the Prize by any cause or occurrence not within DraftKings’ reasonable control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, hurricane, terrorist threat or activity, public health emergency (e.g., SARS), act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, or order of any court.
The best interests of the tournament and fairness are top priorities in decision-making. Unusual circumstances occasionally dictate that common-sense decisions in the interest of fairness take priority over technical rules. DK reserves the right to make reasonable exceptions to these Rules where circumstances so require or warrant. The tournament director shall have discretion to interpret and enforce the SBSC Rules, and such interpretation and decisions related thereto are final.