DraftKings has announced important soccer scoring and roster updates. The details are below.
Old Stats Provider: STATS INC
New Stats Provider: OPTA
We’re going from an 8 man roster to an 11 man roster, and we’re using the term ‘UTIL’ instead of ‘FLEX’
• Old Roster: GK, D, D, M, M, F, F, Flex (where Flex = any position except goalkeeper)
• New Roster: GK, D, D, D, M, M, M, F, F, Util, Util (where Util = any position except goalkeeper)
Players will accumulate points as follows:
• Goal = +10 PTs
• Assist = +6 PTs
• Shot = +1 PTs
• Shot on Goal = +1 PTs
• Crosses = +1 PTs (Ball sent in from the wing, into the box for offensive purposes. Includes crosses via corners, open play, and set pieces)
• Fouls Drawn = +1 PTs
• Fouls Conceded = -0.5 PTs
• Tackle Won = +1 PTs
• Pass Intercepted (D,M,F) = +0.5 PTs
• Yellow Card = -1 PTs
• Red Card = -3 PTs
• Penalty Kick Miss = -5 PTs
• Saves (GK) = +2 PTs
• Goal Conceded (GK) = -2 PTs
• Clean Sheet (GK) = +5 PTs
• Clean Sheet (D) = +3 PTs
• Win (GK) = +5 PTs
• Penalty Kick Save (GK) = +3 PTs
• The MLS awards both primary and secondary assists. Both primary and secondary assists are used for scoring in MLS contests and they have the same point value.
• Goalkeepers will be credited for all statistics except interceptions.
• Goalkeepers/Defenders must play at least 60 minutes to qualify for the clean sheet bonus. The player’s team (regardless if he is still playing or not) must allow zero goals respectively over the course of regular time and extra time to qualify. Injury time is not counted in a player’s total minutes played.
• Goalkeeper win stat is calculated at the end of regulation time or extra time if needed. Goalkeepers must play at least 60 minutes to qualify for a win.
• Stats from Penalty Kick shootouts will not be counted for any players.
• Own goals do not count as goals for, but do count as goals against for Goalkeepers and do factor into Clean Sheet calculations.