Is this the new International “Crying Jordan” meme?
In case you missed it, Lionel Messi, Argentina’s native son and perhaps the world’s best soccer player, botched a penalty kick – a normal guaranteed goal for someone of his caliber.
Only it was a penalty kick on one of the world’s biggest stages in the COPA America Championship game.
His miss was one of 2 misses for Argentina. Chile was successful on 4 of their 5, which sealed the deal and sent Argentina home as runner-ups.
It’s easy to feel bad for Messi. He hasn’t won a World Cup Championship or COPA America Championship, and he’s never performed as expected on the international stage. In fact after last night’s debacle, Messi declared his retirement from international competition.
He may still be incredibly talented and one of the best players in the world, but this is a huge mark on his career resume.
Look at that face. Devastation. “How did I miss that? Did that really happen?”
Here’s a few other things that could’ve been bothering Lionel Messi at that time:
1. When You Leave The House And Aren’t Sure If You Turned The Stove Off
2. When You Check Twitter After Game Of Thrones
3. When You Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
4. When You Send The Wrong Text To Your Parents
5. When You Realize The Earth Isn’t Flat
6. When You Hear “Is A Hot Dog A Sandwich?”
7. When You Wonder If Ronaldo Would Have Missed That
8. When You’re Wondering Where Waldo Is
9. When You’re Trying To Figure Out The Lyrics In A Young Thug Song
10. When You Realize You Didn’t Complete Your Fantasy Lineup Before Lock