The only thing you need to know is… Otis Day and the Knights have a brand new band player.
AND HIS NAME IS JOEY HARRINGTON!!!
Oh also… here’s a bunch of neat Nike facts about the Animal House (of Ducks) Oregon correlations. Is that why they always have such zany uniforms??
(NIKE)- 1. The Nike “Shout” film replicates the famous “toga party” scene from the original 1978 movie, with actors replaced by notable University of Oregon alumni, including: actor Ty Burrell, ESPN anchor Neil Everett, pro football legends and television personalities Ahmad Rashad and Dan Fouts; former pro football players Joey Harrington, Kenny Wheaton and Anthony Newman (current Ducks football commentator); decathlon world-record holder Ashton Eaton; Oregon track star Galen Rupp; professional football athletes Marcus Mariota, Dennis Dixon, JJ Birden, LaMichael James, Kenjon Barner and Brandon Bair; former Oregon track stars English Gardner and Mandy White.
2. “Animal House” was filmed in Eugene, Oregon, home of the University of Oregon.
3. To celebrate the break between the third and fourth quarters of every Oregon home game, Ducks fans play (and dance to) “Shout.”
4. The quintessential college film also features the Ducks’ home field, Autzen Stadium, and Hayward Field, the school’s historic track and field stadium, where original Nike athlete Steve Prefontaine raced.
5. Nike co-founder Phil Knight was a runner at the University of Oregon. Renowned Nike designer Tinker Hatfield, who also appears in the new film, was a pole vaulter for the school.
6. The brand’s other co-founder, Bill Bowerman, was the track and field coach at the University of Oregon for 24 years, led the university to four NCAA track titles and coached 16 sub-four-minute milers.
7. Oregon’s mascot The Duck, who makes a cameo in the new film, is featured fighting rival mascots on the lounge carpet of the university’s celebrated Football Performance Center.
8. Nike’s relationship with University of Oregon football spans nearly four decades.
9. The Ducks were the first to wear nearly every Nike Football uniform and cleat innovation over the past decade, including the Nike Mach Speed chassis.
10. The new “Shout” film was created by Nike and Portland-based agency Wieden + Kennedy. A version of the film will run in Autzen Stadium during future Duck’s games.