Volume significantly raises both the floor and ceiling of wide receivers. These are the ones I project to see the most targets in Week 2 (Sunday main slate only). Please note these aren’t rankings, just volume projections.
For value volume projections, click here.
1. DeAndre Hopkins: 11 targets – This is the premier WR vs. CB matchup of the week as Hopkins squares off against with Jalen Ramsey. In their past six meetings, Hopkins has gone 12-147-0, 3-50-1, 4-80-1, 7-55-1, 5-48-0 and 8-87-0.
2. Michael Thomas: 11 targets – Thomas rarely is targeted deep down the field, but the volume in potential shootouts is elite. He put 12-211-1 on the Rams last regular season.
3. JuJu Smith-Schuster: 11 targets – The Steelers go from an impossible matchup at New England’s elite defense to a home game against a barren Seahawks secondary.
4. Davante Adams: 10 targets – It’s a difficult matchup against the slow-paced Vikings and Xavier Rhodes. Adams was “held” to 8-64-1 and 5-69-1 against Minny last season.
5. Keenan Allen: 10 targets – Injuries to Hunter Henry and Mike Williams have cleared the decks for Philip Rivers to lock onto Keenan.
6. Sammy Watkins: 9 targets – With Tyreek Hill (shoulder) down, Watkins is Patrick Mahomes’ top wideout against the Raiders.
7. Amari Cooper: 9 targets – The foot clearly is no issue. New OC Kellen Moore is a huge boost to this pass game.
8. Tyler Boyd: 9 targets – It’s a pristine setup for Boyd as the Bengals should take a quick-pass approach against a fearsome 49ers front.
9. Allen Robinson: 9 targets – The spot at Denver isn’t great, but A-Rob reaffirmed in Week 1 he’s a freak alpha WR talent.
10. Adam Thielen: 8 targets – Stefon Diggs is off the injury report, but pass volume should regress to normal levels for the Vikings this week as they travel to Green Bay.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
I am a promoter at DraftKings and am also an avid fan and user (my username is adamlevitan) and may sometimes play on my personal account in the games that I offer advice on. Although I have expressed my personal view on the games and strategies above, they do not necessarily reflect the view(s) of DraftKings and I may also deploy different players and strategies than what I recommend above. I am not an employee of DraftKings and do not have access to any non-public information.