Volume significantly raises both the floor and ceiling of wide receivers. These are the ones I project to see the most targets in Week 8 (Sunday main slate only). Please note these aren’t rankings, just volume projections.
For value volume projections, click here.
1. DeAndre Hopkins: 10 targets – The Raiders’ defense is operating as a severe pass funnel, ranking 30th in DVOA against the pass and 11th against the run. Will Fuller’s absence opens up even more target share.
2. Michael Thomas: 10 targets – Drew Brees (thumb surgery) could return. Regardless, Thomas’ numbers actually have been better with Teddy Bridgewater.
3. Julio Jones: 10 targets – The status of Matt Ryan (ankle) is worth watching closely. Julio’s slumping target share does get a boost with Mohamed Sanu gone.
4. Cooper Kupp: 9 targets – Teams haven’t had to use their WRs against the Bengals for heavy volume because this defense is so bad against the run. Still, Kupp, Robert Woods and Brandin Cooks all have pristine one-on-one matchups.
5. Keenan Allen: 9 targets – The return of Melvin Gordon, Hunter Henry and Mike Williams hasn’t been great for Allen. Still, he leads the entire league in Air Yards.
6. Odell Beckham: 9 targets – The most difficult matchup Odell will get all year as he likely is to be shadowed by Stephon Gilmore.
7. Chris Godwin: 9 targets – The Titans are 26th in pace but have been far easier to beat through the air than the ground. Godwin was fantasy’s No. 1 WR before he went on bye in Week 7.
8. Tyler Lockett: 8 targets – Lockett’s outlook improves if Matt Ryan (ankle) can play and is effective. We know if there’s volume for Russell Wilson and his No. 1 wideout, they’ll be extremely efficient in this matchup.
9. Julian Edelman: 8 targets – With Josh Gordon gone, the tight end position barren and Sanu just learning the offense, expect Tom Brady to lean on Edelman.
10. Mike Evans: 8 targets – Although Evans’ route tree and skill set isn’t as fantasy-friendly as Godwin’s, there’s always a big ceiling in this highly concentrated offense.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
I am a promoter at DraftKings and am also an avid fan and user (my username is adamlevitan) and may sometimes play on my personal account in the games that I offer advice on. Although I have expressed my personal view on the games and strategies above, they do not necessarily reflect the view(s) of DraftKings and I may also deploy different players and strategies than what I recommend above. I am not an employee of DraftKings and do not have access to any non-public information.