Volume significantly raises both the floor and ceiling of wide receivers. These are the ones I project to see the most targets in Week 5 (Sunday main slate only). Please note these aren’t rankings, just volume projections.
For value volume projections, click here.
1. Julio Jones ($7,700): 11 targets – At 1-3, it’s time for the Falcons to step on the gas. An ineffective run game and an excellent matchup against the fast-paced Texans sets up well
2. DeAndre Hopkins ($7,800): 10 targets – Very quiet three weeks for Nuk, but faced Jalen Ramsey, Casey Hayward and James Bradberry. Now comes Atlanta.
3. Keenan Allen ($7,300): 10 targets – Mike Williams may return and Melvin Gordon will likely play, but Allen is still the apple of Philip Rivers’ eye. Good battle against Broncos shadow CB Chris Harris.
4. Tyler Boyd ($6,500): 10 targets – With A.J. Green and John Ross out, Boyd will need a big game if the Bengals are going to score points. And against the Cardinals, everyone scores points.
5. Larry Fitzgerald ($6,600): 9 targets – With Christian Kirk (ankle) sidelined and a matchup against the Bengals, expect Kyler Murray’s quick-hitters to go through the 36-year-old Fitz. He currently leads all WRs in targets inside the 10-yard line.
6. Michael Thomas ($6,600): 9 targets – With Teddy Bridgewater under center, the chances of a shootout go way down. But Thomas’ route tree and target share are unchanged – he was mostly an underneath, volume wideout even with Drew Brees.
7. Chris Godwin ($6,900): 9 targets – The 1A/B (depending on who you ask) to Mike Evans is averaging 8.5 targets per game. His slot-plus role yields a higher catch rate than Evans.
8. Amari Cooper ($6,800): 9 targets – Cooper has absolutely shredded at home since coming to Dallas. Perhaps Aaron Rodgers can do enough to force Dak into 35 attempts.
9. Mike Evans ($7,100): 8 targets – Going to get multiple deep shots per game from Jameis Winston, who is 2nd among all qualifying QBs in average depth of target.
10. Adam Thielen ($6,700): 8 targets ––Big-time squeaky wheel narrative after Kirk Cousins apologized to him and made it clear he needs to get Thielen the ball more. Meanwhile, Stefon Diggs ($6,200) is upset with his role and didn’t even show up to practice Wednesday.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
I am a promoter at DraftKings and am also an avid fan and user (my username is adamlevitan) and may sometimes play on my personal account in the games that I offer advice on. Although I have expressed my personal view on the games and strategies above, they do not necessarily reflect the view(s) of DraftKings and I may also deploy different players and strategies than what I recommend above. I am not an employee of DraftKings and do not have access to any non-public information.