We had a 15 game slate scheduled, but with the Mets game being moved up, we are down to 14 for tonight. Make sure you keep that in mind while making teams. We do have plenty of other options and we will discuss some of the top one’s at each position based on price and projections.
|4||Buster Posey||Giants||Red Sox||$3,900|
|5||Russell Martin||Blue Jays||Tigers||$3,800|
- Welington Castillo smashes left-handed pitching, especially at home in his hitter friendly ballpark. He tends to hit in the clean up spot and owns a .372 wOBA with a huge .283 ISO score against them since the start of last season. He faces a guy in Matt Moore who has struggled with right-handed power bats, so it’s a great matchup.
- Stephen Vogt is going to be lower owned today, and I love the spot for him. He gets a park bump gong to home run friendly Miller Park and faces Davies, who left-handed bats have a higher average, fly ball rate, and more home runs against. Vogt is the biggest healthy left-handed bat on Oakland and has been hitting in the 3 hole of that order.
- Yasmani Grandal is pretty cheap at only $3,300 and has a solid matchup with a weak right-handed pitcher. The lefty hitting backstop faces Eddie Butler of the Rockies who left-handed bats have owned the past two seasons.
|3||Edwin Encarnacion||Blue Jays||Tigers||$4,200|
|4||David Ortiz||Red Sox||Giants||$5,400|
- Goldy is at home against a lefty today in Matt Moore. Goldy owns a .428 wOBA and a .220 ISO score against left-handed pitching since the start of last season and has hit them well his entire career.
- Anthony Rizzo gets a park bump in the hitter friendly Philadelphia park. He also faces a pitcher in Eickhoff that lefties are batting .306 against in 2016. Rizzo owns a .391 wOBA and a .265 ISO score against righties since 2015, so this is a plum matchup for the Cubs’ cleanup hitter.
- Encarnacion still smashes lefties to the tune of a .382 wOBA and a .255 ISO score since the start of last season. This matchup for the young Matt Boyd of Detroit is infinitely tougher than his last start against a Yankees team that struggles with left-handed pitchers.
|3||Daniel Murphy||Nationals||White Sox||$5,300|
|4||Joe Panik||Giants||Red Sox||$3,300|
- Profar has become the best salary saver every day lately. He has a hit in ten straight, multiple hits in seven of those ten and is averaging over 11 fantasy points per game during this recent stretch. He is eligible at 2B and SS and remains the lead off hitter on top of the order and getting the maximum number of at-bats.
- Jose Altuve owns left-handed pitching. He hit over .400 against them in 2014 and has had a wOBA of .430 against them since 2014 too. He faces a decent one in Cole Hamels today, but Hamels has allowed a .260+ average to right-handed bats the last year and a half too.
- Robby Cano is cheap and has a good matchup against a guy who has allowed 10 home runs already in only 29 innings of work this year. Cano has a .369 wOBA and an ISO score over .200 against right-handed pitching, so there is a lot of upside here.
|1||Josh Donaldson||Blue Jays||Tigers||$4,900|
- Josh Donaldson against a left-handed pitcher is almost an automatic play for me every time. He owns a huge .429 wOBA with an impressive 310 ISO score against them since the start of last season. Boyd struggles with right-handed bats and Donaldson owns lefties, so this is a great spot.
- Kris Bryant hits better in righty/righty match ups and gets a park bump as they move to Philly here. He hit a 450 foul ball just left of the pole before smashing two doubles off the fence that runs above the outfield wall in Philly. He was less than twenty total feet from having a 3 home run day yesterday, so he is locked in right now.
- Adrian Beltre still mashes left-handed pitching and that whole lineup is doing really well right now. Dallas Keuchel has not been good in 2016, especially to right-handed bats. Beltre has a .391 wOBA and a .229 ISO against left-handed pitching since 2015, so he profiles very well here.
- Corey Seager has been red hot with 5 home runs in his last four games. He gets another weak right-handed pitcher in Eddie butler today, and he already owns a .382 wOBA and a .236 ISO since his call up.
- Jonathan Villar has been causing a ruckus on top of the order for the Brewers. He owns a .393 wOBA and a .184 ISO score against left-handed pitching. He can get some hits, steal some bases, score some runs and even jack out a home run every now and then.
- Francisco Lindor is a slight discount today and has a great matchup. He faces Wade Miley who struggles with right-handed bats and Lindor owns a .381 wOBA with a .177 ISO score against southpaws. He is still hitting third in a prime line up spot for the Indians.
|4||Bryce Harper||Nationals||White Sox||$4,800|
- Michael Pineda is on the verge of being sent down, because he has been so bad. He has allowed right-handed bats to hit over .300 against hm this year. Trout owns a monster .414 wOBA in righty/righty matchups with a .286 ISO score. He should be in line for another in a long line of good days at the plate.
- Ubaldo Jiminez is a reverse splits pitcher, meaning right-handed bats hit him better. Lorenzo Cain is the best righty on the Royals and already is 8-for-17 lifetime off Ubaldo with a home run. He also gets a park bump with the game in Camden Yards.
- I still can’t trust Giancarlo Stanton, but his teammate Marcell Ozuna is crushing left-handed pitching for him this season. Ozuna has a .439 wOBA and a .252 ISO score against southpaws and gets a weak one in Twins rookie Pat Dean.
- Cole Hamels is not a gas can, but the Astros profile well against him here. George Springer profiles especially well with his .414 wOBA and .242 ISO score against left-handed pitching since the start of last season. He has also been leading off lately, which guarantees him the max number of at-bats as the road team’s leadoff man.
- Nelson Cruz is dirt cheap today. He faces a guy in Cody Anderson that has allowed 10 home runs in 29 innings of work this season. Cruz prefer lefties, but still owns a .371 wOBA with a .226 ISO score against right-handed pitching too.