This MLB Top 5s will cover this evening’s games. Rankings are based on value projection. Top 5 dollar for dollar plays at each position. Any questions, find me on Twitter @JasonWalker_72. Let’s do this!
- Grandal coming around with an 82% contact rate and 19% walk rate over the last two weeks and a 124 expected power (100 is average) against MIL SP Davies with a .340 wOBA vs. LH bats.
- A 181 expected power rating over last month against LAD SP Urias, who has a .403 wOBA against RH bats so far in his early career.
- Gattis has a .229 ISO against LHP and CIN SP Lamb has a .369 wOBA against RH bats, gives up 1.5 HR/9 IP and HOU has implied run total of 5.7 tonight.
- Dodger bats are priced way low due to recent MIL SP Davies success, but Gonzalez has a 157 expected power over the last 20 at-bats and Davies has that .340 wOBA against LH bats.
- Martinez is on fire, coming off a 3-HR night and a scorching 333 expected power over his last 17 at-bats. Weather is still warm in KC and KC SP Ventura has a .323 wOBA against LH bats.
- Joseph is an excellent one-off in Philly tonight against ARI SP Ray, who has a .373 wOBA against RH bats. Joseph has a .492 wOBA/.300 ISO against LHP himself.
- Boston still has a high implied run total at 5.0 tonight and Pedroia has a solid .367 wOBA against RHP.
- No 2B is hotter than Neil Walker right now, with a 300 expected power over his last 20 at-bats. He faces ATL SP Gant, who has a .446 wOBA against LH bats so far this season.
- If Kelly Johnson plays tonight, he’s 2B eligible, making him a good tourney play against Gant since Johnson has a 168 expected power over his last 20 ABs.
- Love Nicky, and he remains in play against KC SP Ventura, who has a .329 wOBA against RH bats this season. Castellanos has a 178 expected power rating over his last 108 at-bats.
- Marte, if he plays, would be good against Graveman, who has a .391 wOBA against RH bats and Marte has a .351 wOBA/.257 ISO against RHP.
- Valbuena has been smoking recently, with a 253 expected power over his last seven games, including a 1.000 OPS against LHP.
- Seager has a .390 wOBA/.241 ISO against RHP and has the .340 vs. LH wOBA of Davies as his opponent.
- Cabrera has a 175 expected power over his last seven games and is batting high in the Mets lineup against ATL SP Gant, and the Mets have an implied run total of 4.5.
- I love LH bats against Adam Conley more than RH bats, but Story is an exception with his .348 wOBA/.247 ISO splits vs. LHP and his recent 174 expected power over his last 107 at-bats.
- Already established we love LH bats against ATL SP Gant, so let’s add Conforto (and Granderson) with his .378 wOBA/.269 ISO against RHP.
- Springer leads off the RH bat brigade in HOU tonight against CIN LHP Lamb, who has a .369 wOBA against RH bats. Springer has a .422 wOBA/.268 ISO split of his own.
- Both ARI OFs are in the mix against PHI LHP Morgan tonight, who has a .361 wOBA against RH bats and gives up 1.591 HR/9 IP. Weeks has a .398/.321 wOBA/ISO split while O’Brien, while new, has a .634/.700 split in his super small sample against LHP.
- Might be surprised to see CarGo here, but despite his own mediocrity historically against LHP, he’s been better over the last month, with a 1.024 OPS and MIA SP Conley gives up .356 wOBA to LH bats, putting CarGo and Blackmon in play.
- Ryan Braun has quietly heated up and gets a strong matchup against the young Urias, who has given up 2.209 HR/9 IP so far in his young career. Braun has a .464 wOBA against LHP this season.