Happy Friday! There is a fully loaded 15-game slate tonight that brings a mix of aces, Colorado, Arizona, Toronto and Milwaukee home games and a bunch of stackable teams. Pitching is high priced and so are some of the top bats, so let’s see who are the best selections tonight.
Rankings are based on value projection. Top 5 dollar for dollar plays at each position. Any questions, hit me up on Twitter @JasonWalker_72.
- Castillo has a strong .401/.306 wOBA/ISO split and has MIA SP Nicolino, who has a .338 wOBA against RH bats.
- Iannetta hits lefties well, with a .368 wOBA and has a very strong 231 expected power metric (100 is average) over his last 20 at-bats.
- Conger is tourney only, but provides huge power upside (.212 ISO vs. RHP, 200 expected power over last 4 games) for under $3K.
- Papi is the best and worth every dollar of this salary for his .456/.385 wOBA/ISO split against RHP and matchup against MIN SP Duffey, who has a .370 wOBA this season against LH bats.
- Encarnacion goes against BAL SP Gausman, who has a .367 wOBA split against RH bats. For his own part, Encarnacion has a .390/.263 wOBA/ISO split
- TOR SP Marco Estrada has been very, very tough on all hitters, wOBA-wise, but $3.4K is too low for Davis against a RHP, where he has a .428/.355 wOBA/ISO split.
- ATL SP Norris has a .376 wOBA against LH bats and Zobrist has a .367 wOBA against RHP.
- Coors Field provides two inexpensive gateways into that game with Solarte (.351 wOBA vs. RHP) and Descalso (115 hard contact rating – 100 is average), if playing.
|2||Jung Ho Kang||PIT||STL||$4,100|
- Gausman has that reverse split (.367 vs. RH bats) and Donaldson hits RHP for a .379 wOBA and .253 ISO.
- Castellanos has been one of the most consistent power hitter this season, with a 173 expected power for the season and a .400/.302 wOBA/ISO split against LHP this season.
- Arenado is amazing with hard contact (156/141 expected power/hard hit metrics) and an amazing 88% contact rate overall this season. SD SP Cashner has given up a .411 wOBA to RH bats this season.
- Again, Estrada has been tough, but Machado is a .412/.274 WOBA/ISO hitter against RHP this season.
- Cozart gets a shot at home against OAK SP Sonny Gray, who has offered a .412 wOBA to RH bats this season.
- Story gets that nice Cashner reverse split and has an amazing 177 expected power over the last 30 days.
- Bautista has a .386/.291 wOBA/ISO split against RHP and BAL SP Gausman has that .367 wOBA against RH bats.
- Gutierrez is almost an auto-play against LHP, with a .398/.262 wOBA/ISO split and the Mariners are implied to score over four runs against TEX.
- Trout has been making very hard contact, with a 151/142 expected power/hard hit split over the last week.
- Eaton makes excellent contact (85%) and has a solid .358 wOBA against RHP, and the Sox have an implied total of 4.5 runs.
- Stanton has been hit or miss with contact, but mostly miss, with a 50% contact rate over the past 21 games, but has been getting very unfortunate with the balls he has made contact with, highlighted by an amazing 128 mph double play ball last night. He still has a strong .407/.346 wOBA/ISO split against LHP and is in a hitter’s park in Arizona.