Today’s targets will focus on the hefty 14-game slate tonight, which features some challenging pitching decisions to go with some sneaky offensive matchups. Any questions please find me on Twitter @JasonWalker_72 — let’s do this!
- Solid 126 wRC+/.339 ISO at home vs. LHP for Gattis and DET SP Boyd has given up 1.735 HR/9IP this season.
- Surprising 47% hard contact rate at home for Grandal, 49% when at home vs. RHP.
- CLE SP Bauer gives up 42% hard contact to LH bats and Vogt has a solid 116 wRC+ against RHP on the road.
- 41% hard contact against RHP for Morales, who also carries a strong 151 expected power (100 is average) into an implied 4.3 run total.
- If Howard plays, his power is still devastating with a 174 expected power over his last 36 at-bats and ATL SP Jenkins has already yielded six HR in 23 IP.
- Encarnacion has a 39% hard contact rate at home and Toronto has a five run implied total tonight against BAL.
- Kipnis has a huge 49% hard contact rate at home vs. RHP and OAK SP Graveman allows 38% hard contact vs. LH bats on the road.
- Schimpf, in his first 42 home plate appearances, has a 50% hard contact rate, including 75% in the even smaller sample size of facing LHP at home. CIN SP Finnegan gives up 1.9 HR/9 IP and has given up 42% hard contact in his last two starts.
- Altuve has a 53% hard contact rate at home vs. LHP and DET SP Boyd has given up 40% hard contact over his last two starts.
- Sano has 44.4% hard contact vs. LHP this season and a 153 wRC+ in that split as well this year.
- Franco appears to be fine health-wise after his HR against RHP Wisler last night. He has the aforementioned RHP Jenkins tonight and Franco has a strong 136 wRC+ away vs. RHP this season.
- Marte has a 42% hard contact rate against RHP this season and BOS SP Porcello carries a 4.37 xFIP and .396 wOBA away vs. RH bats.
- Cabrera has a 174 expected power rating over his last 91 at-bats and 46% hard contact rate at home vs. RHP.
- Correa will be very popular against DET SP Boyd and Correa has a solid 37% hard contact rate over the past two weeks.
- Miller has a strong 50% hard contact rate at home vs. RHP while NYY SP Nova has been giving up 40% hard contact to lefties on the road.
- Springer gets to face DET SP Boyd and brings a 36% hard contact rate in vs. LHP at home and a 159 wRC+ in that split as well.
- 42% hard contact on the road vs. RHP for Jay Bruce this season and a 142 wRC+ against SD SP Jackson, who has a 6.18 SIERA this season, giving up 1.4 HR/9 IP.
- McCutchen is bouncing back, having a 187 expected power over his last four games, and he is going into Miller Park- the third best HR park for RH bats this season.
- Kemp has the HR friendly matchup with CIN SP Finnegan, a solid 37% hard contact rate over his last two weeks and a 129 wRC+ at home vs. LHP.
- Altherr started 2016 off right with a dinger and gets the good matchup with ATL SP Jenkins. If he’s batting fifth again, fire him up for 2.8K.
I am a promoter at DraftKings and am also an avid fan and user (my username is jaywalker72) and may sometimes play on my personal account in the games that I offer advice on. Although I have expressed my personal view on the games and strategies above, they do not necessarily reflect the view(s) of DraftKings and I may also deploy different players and strategies than what I recommend above.