The Top 5’s will cover a full on 15-game slate tonight with a ton of solid offensive games to pull from. Let’s get to it! Rankings are based on value projection. Top 5 dollar for dollar plays at each position. Any questions, hit me up on Twitter @JasonWalker_72.
- Ramos is a middle of the lineup catcher with a solid 130 wRC+ and .371 wOBA against RHP on the road.
- MIN SP Berrios carries a 6.83 xFIP against RH bats this season, and Perez has a 135 wRC+ and .246 ISO at home against RHP.
- Gattis is strong against LHP, with a 125 wRC+ and .254 ISO on the road against LHP and BAL SP Miley gives up 1.61 HR/9 IP against RH bats with 2.39 coming when he’s hosting those bats.
- Cabrera is THE deal of the day, with a 214 wRC+ against RHP at home, along with .489 wOBA and .347 ISO. Meanwhile, Rick Porcello gives up 2.20 HR/9 IP.
- Ortiz has a low K-rate against RHP on the road and still manages a 120 wRC+ and .266 ISO in that split.
- Hosmer has an 11% walk rate and 137 wRC+ against RHP at home and the Royals have a 4.9 implied run total against the Twins tonight.
- Pedroia has a surprising 129 wRC+ on the road against RHP and a .371 wOBA in that split as well.
- It’s Kinsler’s worst split, but he still has a 104 wRC+ and has seven hits in 13 ABs against BOS SP Porcello.
- Murphy has an elite 184 wRC+ and .312 ISO in split while ATL SP Teheran bears a 5.49 xFIP against LH bats and 40% hard contact against LH bats at home.
- OAK SP Graveman is baaad away from roomy Oakland, with a 5.03 xFIP and 1.70 HR/9 IP. Frazier keeps his K-rates under 20% in split here, and has a solid .252 ISO in split as well.
- Healy has a 122 expected power (100 is average) and CHW SP Shields struggles against everyone, giving up 2.20 HR/9 IP to RH bats this season.
- Likewise, Valencia has a 157 wRC+ against RHP on the road and a .400 wOBA in split to go with it.
- Seager, in Great American Ballpark, against CIN RHP Adelman, who has given up three home runs to LH bats in 8 IP pitched against them, is a solid play with his 133 wRC+ and .399 wOBA in split.
- There’s a rookie SP for the Mets (Lugo, RHP) and the Giants are priced for Steven Matz. Crawford has a 13% walk rate and .179 ISO.
- Bogaerts is above average against RHP on the road (111 wRC+) and the Red Sox are in a sneaky offensive game in Detroit tonight.
|2||Jackie Bradley Jr.||BOS||DET||$3,900|
- I documented Porcello’s struggles against RH bats on the road (2.2 HR/9 IP), and Martinez has a sensational 177 wRC+ against RHP at home, with a .265 ISO.
- The Melkman has a 121 wRC+ at home against RHP and OAK SP Graveman has a 5.43 xFIP against LH bats away this season.
- Bradley has a 150 wRC+ against RHP on the road and a .336 ISO in split against a neutral DET SP Fulmer against LH bats at home.
- Nelson Cruz has long dominated LHP at home and while he’s struggled more this season in that split, he’s still making 39% hard contact against southpaws at home and is above average in wRC+ (110).
- COL SP Anderson gets his toughest test yet at home against the #1 LHP hitting Cubs, led by Bryant, who has a 196 wRC+ away vs. LHP and .466 wOBA.
I am a promoter at DraftKings and am also an avid fan and user (my username is jaywalker72) and may sometimes play on my personal account in the games that I offer advice on. Although I have expressed my personal view on the games and strategies above, they do not necessarily reflect the view(s) of DraftKings and I may also deploy different players and strategies than what I recommend above.