We have a full 15 game MLB slate today, Sunday May 3rd… Let’s take a look at today’s info and please, if you have any thoughts, questions etc, hit me up on twitter! @Razzle11Grinds
Heaviest Pitcher Favorites
– Jared Cosart ($6,500) vs. Philadelphia Phillies (-185): Cosart gets to take the hill opposite of Severino Gonzalez today and I think Cosart should have plenty of run support today. He is not a high strikeout pitcher but that should be offset by the Win and 7+ innings.
– James Shields ($9,900) vs. Colorado Rockies (-180): Shields is one of my favorite pitchers to target as he always has his team in the game and he gets to pitch in Petco today as a huge favorite against the jekyll and hyde Rockies offense.
– Michael Wacha ($8,400) vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (-175): Wacha has been pitching extremely well and the Pirates really have not hit to their potential so far in 2015 and Wacha is not far behind Cosart today as far as favorites go and he offers us a lot more upside than Cosart does.
Highest Scoring Games
– Seattle Mariners @ Houston Astros (Minute Maid Park) – The Astros are just on fire at the plate right now and this game should end up the highest scoring of the day as it has an over/under of 8.5 runs.
– Chicago White Sox @ Minnesota Twins (Target Field) – The White Sox send out John Danks who just seems to be lost out there and the Twins send out Mike Pelfrey who should see a regress back to his numbers of the last few years at some point soon and this game offers us an over/under of 8.5 as well.
Toughest Left/Right Matchups
Toughest Pitchers vs. Left Handed Batters
– Johnny Cueto vs Atlanta – Cueto is probably the best pitcher going today as shown by his splits. So far in 2015 LHB’s are hitting just .175 so far this year with a slugging % of just .263.
– Wei-Yin Chen vs Tampa Bay – Chen is holding lefties to a .143 batting average so far in 2015. Teams generally give their lefties a day off against him and I would expect Tampa to do the same today.
Toughest Pitchers vs. Right Handed Batters
– Trevor Bauer vs. Toronto– So far in 2015 RHB’s are hitting .128 with a slugging % of just .128 and an OBP of just .190. This is going to be one of the match-ups I will be glued to today, the Jays are full of right handed power.
– Johnny Cueto vs. Atlanta– Like I said above, Cueto is probably the best option going today and he is holding RHB’s to a .169 average so far this season with a slugging % of .296.
Best Left/Right Matchups
Easiest Pitchers vs. Left Handed Batters
– Severino Gonzalez vs. Miami – Not a ton of numbers to go off of for Gonzalez as he made his major league debut earlier this week and was hit around by everybody, even the peanut guy in Row B. Lefties went 7 for 9 against him.
– Kyle Kendrick vs. San Diego – Kendrick is allowing lefties to hit .364 with an OPS of 1.281 so far in 2015. He is not exactly blowing away righties either and I think the Padres get to him today.
Easiest Pitchers vs. Right Handed Batters
– Severino Gonzalez vs Miami – As I mentioned above, Gonzalez was hit by everybody and that should continue today as righties went 3 for 5 against him with 5 runs and 5 rbi’s.
– Drew Hutchison vs. Cleveland – Hutchison has had a very up and down start to his 2015 and has been an extreme reverse splits pitcher so far this season. RHB’s are hitting .421 with an OPS of 1.169 and he has struck out only 4 guys from the right side of the plate.
– At first glance there is no weather to report as of now. Weather is a tricky thing and you will want to make sure you check the weather closer to game time.
One Pitcher To Build Lineups Around
– Sonny Gray ($8,600) vs. Texas Rangers – Gray is pitching lights out right now and takes on the Rangers team that he threw 8 innings of 1 hit baseball against earlier this season.
Superstar Worth Paying For…
– Giancarlo ($5,700) vs. Severino Gonzalez – Like I said earlier, Gonzalez was lit up by everybody in his first start and while I think he probably profiles as a slightly better pitcher than that, Stanton has the chance to make him pay in a big way and I feel like calling a double dong.
Save Big Bucks By Drafting…
– Kyle Seager ($3,500) vs. Roberto Hernandez – Seager’s price has really fallen as he has dealt with some minor injuries and has been struggling. I think a match-up with the Pitcher formally known as Fausto Carmona is a recipe to turn things around and $3.5K is just too low of a price to have to pay for somebody like Seager.