We have a full 15 game MLB slate today, Sunday May 31st… Let’s take a look at today’s info and please, if you have any thoughts, questions etc, hit me up on twitter! @Razzle11Grinds
Make sure to check out today’s tournament lobby and take your shot at winning some nice cash!
Heaviest Pitcher Favorites
– Madison Bumgarner ($10,300) vs. Atlanta Braves (-205): Bumgarner is the top pitching option of the day and takes on the Atlanta Braves who came alive last night against Lincecum, but generally offer a pretty weak lineup. Bumgarner’s opposing pitcher is Julio Teheran who has really struggled so far in 2015.
– Tsuyoshi Wada ($6,600) vs. Kansas City Royals (-160): Wada takes on Yordano Ventura and the Royals today and I was shocked to see him as such a favorite in this one. The Royals generally hit lefties very well and do not strikeout a ton. The price is definitely intriguing when matched up with the -160 favorite.
– Jesse Chavez ($6,500) vs. New York Yankees (-140): I am a huge fan of Chavez and I actually picked him up in all of my season long leagues the day he was returned to the rotation. This is a conundrum for me as I do love Chavez, but I generally like to stack the Yankees because of their ability to hit the long ball at a high rate. I think I agree with Vegas on this one as I think Chavez is in a great spot today.
Highest Scoring Games
– Boston Red Sox @ Texas Rangers (Globe Life Field) – Just like yesterday, the top game in terms of projected runs is the Red Sox-Rangers as it is sitting at a 9.5 over/under. Joe Kelly takes on Wandy Rodriguez in a game that a lot of people will be targeting as Kelly has been terrible so far in 2015 and Rodriguez should be due for some regression soon. I lean heavily towards the over in this match-up.
– Chicago White Sox @ Houston Astros (Minute Maid Park) – The gas can known as John Danks takes on the pitcher formally known as Fausto Carmona (Roberto Hernandez). I really enjoy taking Astro bats against left handed pitchers and there isn’t a more target-able lefty starter right now than John Danks.
Toughest Left/Right Matchups
Toughest Pitchers vs. Left Handed Batters
– Odrisamer Despaigne vs Pittsburgh – This one shocked me initially as I just do not consider Despaigne to be all that good but so far in 2015 he has allowed lefties to hit just .212 with an OPS of .591.
– J.A. Happ vs Cleveland – This makes for an interesting match-up as Happ has held lefties to an average of .217 with an OPS of just .584 so far in 2015. They have just 1 RBI against Happ this year as well.
Toughest Pitchers vs. Right Handed Batters
– Jake Odorizzi vs. Baltimore – Odorizzi has held right handed hitters to an average of .158 with an OPS of .514 so far in 2015.
– Jesse Chavez vs. NY Yankees – Right handed hitters have hit just .168 against Chavez so far in 2015 and they have an OPS of just .449. They have just 2 extra base hits against Chavez in 2015.
Best Left/Right Matchups
Easiest Pitchers vs. Left Handed Batters
– Tsuyoshi Wada vs. Kansas City – In a smaller sample size than the other pitchers talked about today, Wada has been hit hard by lefties so far as they have a .400 average with an OPS of 1.600 so far in 2015.
– Julio Teheran vs. San Francisco – Teheran is not fooling any lefties this year as they are hitting .371 with an OPS of 1.052 against him. Something tells me Brandon Belt is in an ideal spot today.
Easiest Pitchers vs. Right Handed Batters
– Ricky Nolasco vs Toronto – Nolasco has allowed righties to abuse him to an average of .370 with an .865 OPS so far in 2015. Think a Toronto stack might be in order today?
– Jerome Williams vs. Colorado – Right handed hitters are hitting .324 against Williams so far in 2015 with an OPS of .888. They have 7 home runs against him so far.
– There is some rain in the forecast in Philadelphia as well as New York at this point in the morning. I have not read anything about them being severe at this point and I am going to proceed as if these games are going to happen. Weather changes all the time and I would make sure to follow all games to make sure everybody is safe.
One Pitcher To Build Lineups Around
– Madison Bumgarner ($10,300) vs. Atlanta Braves – Bumgarner is a huge favorite today and gets to pitch at home where he pitches even better. I think his price tag makes it manageable to be able to get some solid bats along with a pitcher in the low to mid $7K range to fill out your roster today. Always look at the catcher position to find some interesting punt plays as Sunday’s are a great day for teams to rest their number 1 catchers.
Superstar Worth Paying For…
– Troy Tulowitzki ($4,700) vs. Jerome Williams – As listed earlier, Williams gets spanked by right handed hitters and Tulo is in the midst of a mini-hot streak so far while playing in Philly and I think he caps off the series with another multi hit game. The Rockies make a nice little stack option.
Save Big Bucks By Drafting…
– Ryan Raburn ($2,700) vs. J.A. Happ – Raburn mashes left handed pitching and he should find himself in the 4 spot in the lineup today. He has become an auto-start for me every time the Indians take on a left handed pitcher.