We have a full 15 game MLB slate today, Sunday April 26th.. Let’s take a look at today’s info and please, if you have any thoughts, questions etc, hit me up on twitter! @Razzle11Grinds
Heaviest Pitcher Favorites
– Drew Pomeranz ($6,600) vs. Houston Astros (-160): Pomeranz is the highest favorite on the board and of the 3 listed here, is the cheapest. I look for the A’s to bounce back after getting beat by the Astros yesterday. Pomeranz has high upside, but he does offer a lower floor as he has been hit at times.
– Roenis Elias ($7,200) vs. Minnesota Twins (-160): Elias will be making his first start of 2015 today against the Twins. The Mariners were one of the biggest favorites yesterday and that ended not so well for them.
– Chris Archer ($8,900) vs. Toronto Blue Jays (-150): Archer has been pitching lights out so far in 2015 but is tasked with facing one of the toughest offenses in baseball today. He has faced the Blue Jays once already this season and went 7 shutout innings while striking out 11 against them.
Highest Scoring Games
– San Francisco Giants @ Colorado Rockies (Coors Field) – Another day, another game at Coors Field with an over/under of 10 runs. Both of today’s starting pitchers have had solid starts to 2015, but have been known to get blown up and today could be that day for either or both.
– Cleveland Indians @ Detroit Tigers (Comerica Park) – This game offers us an over/under of 8.5 today and seems to be trending upwards as a high scoring game. Carrasco is making his 2nd start since being hit in the face with a line drive and he still may not be right and not being on top of your game is a tough situation to be in when facing the Detroit Tiger offense.
Toughest Left/Right Matchups
Toughest Pitchers vs. Left Handed Batters
– Jake Arrieta vs Cincinnati – In 2014, Arrieta held LHB to an average of .198 while striking out 1 out of every 3 batters he faced. So far in 2015, he is allowing LH hitters to hit just .182 against him.
– Francisco Liriano vs Arizona – Over the last 3 seasons, Liriano has held LHB to an average of .205 with a strike out every 3 at bats. They also have a slugging % of just .273 over that span.
Toughest Pitchers vs. Right Handed Batters
– Francisco Liriano vs. Arizona– Liriano’s best pitch is his change up which makes him dangerous against RHB’s. In 2014 he held righties to an average of .206 with a strike out every 3.5 at bats. So far in 2015, righties are hitting just .107 with a strike out every 2.5 at bats.
– Jake Arrieta vs. Cincinnati– Arrieta is very tough against both RH and LH batters. RH’s hit just .207 against Arrieta in 2014 while striking out every 3 at bats. They are hitting just .186 against him so far in 2015.
Best Left/Right Matchups
Easiest Pitchers vs. Left Handed Batters
– Bud Norris vs. Boston Red Sox – So far in 2015, LHB’s are hitting a robust .357 with an OPS of .991 against Norris. They have 6 doubles against him already this season and that number should go up today.
– Trevor Cahill vs. Philadelphia Phillies – In 2014 Cahill allowed LHB’s to hit .346 with a slugging % of .519 and an OPS of .929.
Easiest Pitchers vs. Right Handed Batters
– Bud Norris vs Boston Red Sox – If you thought Norris was generous against LHB’s, then you will believe he is extremely generous to RHB’s as they have hit .400 with an OPS of 1.312 so far. They have touched him up for 5 extra base hits.
– Kyle Gibson vs. Seattle Mariners – So far in 2015, RHB’s are hitting .355 with an OPS of .943 against Gibson. He has also not struck out a RHB yet this season through 3 starts.
– Pay attention to Colorado-San Francisco. Looks like as of writing this, there is currently some light rain there. I do not see much else from a weather standpoint.
One Pitcher To Build Lineups Around
– Jake Arrieta ($9,000) vs. Cincinnati Reds – Arrieta has picked up in 2015 where he left off in 2014. He has a 1.74 ERA through 3 starts so far this season and has 19 K’s in 20.2 innings. In 2014 against the Reds, Arrieta went 2-1 with 30 strikeouts in just 20 innings pitched.
Superstar Worth Paying For…
– Jose Abreu ($5,300) vs. Edinson Volquez – Abreu is not cheap, however he is seeing the ball extremely well right now as he has 3 straight multi-hit games. Over that span he has 2 doubles and 2 home runs to go along with 6 RBI.
Save Big Bucks By Drafting…
– Paulo Orlando ($2,000) vs. John Danks – Orlando has been an extra base hit machine and gets to face another lefty today. He was 3 for 3 with a double last night in the suspended game and he continues to surprise after being a career minor leaguer. At just $2K, he does not have to go out and hit 2 home runs to pay off that salary.