We have a full 15 game MLB slate today, Saturday April 11th. I am trying to figure out what happened to a number of my lineups yesterday and am looking forward to starting fresh again today. Let’s take a look at today’s info and please, if you have any thoughts, questions etc, hit me up on twitter! @Razzle11Grinds
Heaviest Pitcher Favorites
– Clayton Kershaw ($12300) vs. Arizona Diamondbacks (-210): Well, this should shock nobody at all as Kershaw is the best pitcher in baseball and on, arguably, the best team in baseball.
– Jeff Samardzija ($9100) vs. Minnesota Twins (-180): Samardzija gets to take on the struggling Twins offense at home.
– Jered Weaver ($8000) vs. Kansas City Royals (-165): I was actually a bit shocked here but Weaver does get to take on the Royals at home in this match-up.
Highest Scoring Games
– Chicago Cubs @ Colorado Rockies (Coors Field) – Anytime there’s a game in Coors, it’s a huge boost for the hitters. Tonight’s matchup between the Cubs and Rockies has a 10.5 over/under.
– Toronto Blue Jays @ Baltimore Orioles (Chase Field) – This game features two extremely tough offenses and two pitchers at different points in their careers as the Blue Jays are starting a youngster in Sanchez and the Orioles are sending out somebody who may just be about finished in Jimenez. This game offers us an over/under of 9.
Toughest Left/Right Matchups
Toughest Pitchers vs. Left Handed Batters
– Corey Kluber vs. Detroit – Kluber comes into today’s game with a 1.21 ERA against left handed batters, while sporting a ridiculous K/9 of 10.42.
– David Price vs. Cleveland – Price is coming off an impressive start to the season against Minnesota, where he went 8.2 innings, allowing 5 hits and striking out 5. Price sports a measly 1.15 ERA against lefties, with a decent 8.85 K/9.
Toughest Pitchers vs. Right Handed Batters
– Corey Kluber vs. Detroit Tigers– Kluber again! He’s slightly worse against righties than he is against lefties, but the numbers are still ridiculous. Kluber has a 10.10 K/9 against righties, while owning a 2.34 ERA.
– Clayton Kershaw vs. Arizona Diamonbacks– Let’s be honest. Kershaw is tough against ANY batter. But against righties, he has a 10.87 K/9, while having a 1.96 ERA.
Best Left/Right Matchups
Easiest Pitchers vs. Left Handed Batters
– Roberto Hernandez vs. Texas Rangers- Hernandez hasn’t been great against lefties, as he has a 3.82 K/9 and a 3.94 ERA.
– Mike Pelfrey vs. Chicago White Sox – Pelfrey is another guy who struggles with left handed batters. He has just a 3.86 K/9 with a 4.41 ERA.
Easiest Pitchers vs. Right Handed Batters
– Kyle Kendrick vs. Chicago Cubs – Kendrick has a tough time with righties, as he owns a 4.71 K/9 with a 4.08 ERA.
– Joe Kelly vs. New York Yankees – Kelly has a mediocre K/9 against righties at 6.41, and he also has a ERA of 4.86.
– It doesn’t appear that there are any weather concerns at the moment for today’s games. Make sure to double check all weather conditions as it gets closer to the first pitch, however.
One Pitcher To Build Lineups Around
– David Price ($10,600) vs. Cleveland Indians – As mentioned earlier, David Price sports a 8.85 K/9 against lefties. This Indians lineup should have about 4-5 lefties in it today. He’s coming off a terrific start to the season, where he was one out away from a complete game. David Price is also strong against right handed batters, so I expect him to continue his hot start to the season today.
Superstar Worth Paying For…
– Jose Abreu ($5,700) vs. Mike Pelfrey – While the White Sox haven’t exactly crushed the ball lately, Jose Abreu offers as much homerun upside as anyone the league. Pelfrey isn’t a good pitcher. There isn’t any other way to put it. He hasn’t pitched a complete season since 2013, and I think Abreu’s will exploit Pelfrey’s mediocrity. He’s definitely a superstar worth paying for today.
Save Big Bucks By Drafting…
– Nick Hundley ($3,800) vs. Jason Hammel – Make sure you double-check to ensure Hundley is playing again tonight before rostering him. I believe he will play again, however. The Rockies are one of the highest powered offenses in the game, and they’re playing at Coors Field tonight. Hundley should have a chance to knock in some runs, as he is 7/15 in his career against Hammel.