It was an incredible weekend at Whistling Straits in Wisconsin. The PGA Championship pulled out all the stops, and entertained viewers wildly. The PGA Millionaire Maker was also a fun finish. Let’s take a look back at what happened:
– Jason Day finished the final round with a 5-under-par 67
– Day completed the tournament at 20 under and beat Jordan Spieth by 3 strokes
– Day had rounds of 68-67-66-67 and became the first player in history to finish a major at 20 under
– Jordan Spieth came in second place, and became the 4th player in the modern era to finish in the top-5 in all four majors in a single season (Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods and Rickie Fowler are the other three)
– Jordan Spieth is now the world number 1 golfer, overtaking Rory McIlroy
The top lineup in the Millionaire Maker wasn’t far off from the perfect lineup:
With over $3.3M in prizes given out, here’s a look at the top 10 in the Millionaire Maker. There were some great picks from a lot of different people!
PGA Millionaire Maker Percentage Owned
– Jason Day was the highest owned golfer, and he also won the PGA Championship
– Zach Johnson was a huge bust this week, missing the cut for 22.84% of DraftKings lineups
– Robert Streb was a great value play at $6,800, finishing 14th in overall score
Speaking of Value Plays…
PGA Millionaire Maker Value Plays
– Jason Day actually made the value list with a $72.48 $/Pt.
– Branden Grace, George Coetzee, Anirban Lahiri, Robert Streb, and Jason Day all were in the top 10 value plays along with the perfect lineup
Vines from the PGA Championship
John Daly wasn’t having fun
But the kid who found his club was!
How about a shot from the hospitality suite? Why not?
Rory… FROM THE WATER
Rory… FROM THE FAIRWAY
“I’ll see your chip shot, Rory. And raise it a bunker”
It’s emotional winning a major, as we’ve seen before
Raise that trophy, Jason!
Yes, we can go home now…
Until next time!