Here they are, the top prospects at each position, for each game set of Week 5!
These player rankings heavily weigh the player salaries versus expected production. If a player has a high salary and a tough match up, that player could be ranked lower than a cheaper priced player with a better match up.
Let’s dive in…
(For a complete list of Week 5 DFS Player Rankings, check out CollegeFootballGeek.com!)
DRAFT KINGS PLAYER RANKINGS: THU/FRI GAME SET
1) Taylor Heinicke, Old Dominion vs. Middle Tennessee ($7900)
Heinicke threw for 430 yards and five scores last week and could hit those numbers again versus MTSU.
2) Davis Webb, Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma State ($8400)
Webb could put up huge numbers in a potential high scoring affair with the Cowboys.
3) Daxx Garman, Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech ($6600)
Garman has a very enticing price this week considering the match up. Take this Cowboy and pay up at another position.
1) DJ Foster, Arizona State vs. UCLA ($9600)
Foster is putting up video game type numbers and should justify his high price. Look for Foster to get even more touches with Taylor Kelly out this week.
2) Matt Breida, Georgia Southern vs. Appalachian State ($8200)
Breida is a scoring machine this season with seven rushing touchdowns in four games. Look for Breida to find the end zone a couple of times this week.
3) Marteze Waller, Fresno State vs. New Mexico ($5000)
Waller went over 100 yards last week and could easily hit that mark again this week against New Mexico. The Lobos are allowing over 300 yards rushing per game.
1) Jaelen Strong, Arizona State vs. UCLA ($6500)
Strong could be leaned on heavily as the Sun Devils break in a backup QB this week. Expect plenty of catches and yards from Strong.
2) Jordan Payton, UCLA vs. Arizona State ($4600)
Payton is the Bruins top receiving option and has a very tempting price this week. He looks to be a great punt play this week.
3) Bradley Marquez, Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma State ($5900)
Marquez has hauled in five touchdowns this season and is a favorite target in the high-powered Red Raiders passing game. Look for Marquez to find his way back to the end zone this week.
The TE position in this slate is a mess, so pick one and pray.
DRAFTKINGS PLAYER RANKINGS: SATURDAY (EARLY) GAME SET
1) Kenny Hill, Texas A&M vs. Arkansas ($7800)
Hill has had a huge fantasy season thus far and comes in at a really nice price this week. It’s hard to fade Hill this week.
2) Jameis Winston, Florida State vs. NC State ($8700)
Look for Winston to come out this week and make a statement. I feel bad for the Wolfpack defense this week.
3) CJ Brown, Maryland vs. Indiana ($8100)
Brown could be in line for a huge week against an Indiana defense that ranks 106th in the country against the pass. This game could be very high scoring and Brown could have a hand in plenty of the scoring.
1) Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin vs. South Florida ($8500)
Gordon rumbled for 235 yards and five touchdowns last week against Bowling Green and could tear up USF this week. Expect another huge outing from this Badger.
2) Tevin Coleman, Indiana vs. Maryland ($8400)
Coleman is playing like a man possessed and could rip apart a Maryland defense that ranks 99th against the run. Expect a big game from this Hoosier in Week Five.
3) Todd Gurley, Georgia vs. Tennessee ($8000)
Gurley is at a very low price considering his upside, so ride him hard this week.
1) Nelson Spruce, Colorado vs. Cal ($8300)
Spruce is a machine right now and is a must start, regardless of price. Look for Spruce to torment a suspect Cal defense.
2) Rashad Greene, Florida State vs. NC State ($6900)
Greene’s fantasy value should receive a boost this week with the return of Jameis Winston. Look for Greene to make plenty of plays against the Wolfpack.
3) Ty Montgomery, Stanford vs. Washington ($6400)
Montgomery could have a very big day against a weak Huskies pass defense. He could easily find his way into the end zone a couple of times this week.
1) Mitchell Henry, Western Kentucky vs. Navy ($4200)
Henry is probably the best TE in college fantasy football and is likely worth his price. He could see plenty of targets this week against Navy.
2) Jonnu Smith, Florida International vs. UAB ($3800)
Smith is the Golden Panthers leading receiver and is a nice option at a thing position.
3) Nick O’Leary, Florida State vs. NC State ($3700)
O’Leary should be helped by the return of Jameis Winston under center. Look for decent yardage and maybe a touchdown.
DRAFT KINGS PLAYER RANKINGS: SATURDAY (LATE) GAME SET
1) Maty Mauk, Missouri vs. South Carolina ($6500)
This may look like a scary match up for Mauk, but the South Carolina pass defense is ranked 116th in the country and has given up plenty of big plays. We really like Mauk at this price.
2) Bryce Petty, Baylor vs. Iowa State ($10000)
Petty should have his full compliment of wide outs this week, which is a scary thought for the Iowa State defense. Expect huge numbers from Petty this week.
3) Connor Halliday, Washington State vs. Utah ($8900)
Halliday should be throwing the ball all over the place as he usually does. Another game with 400 yards passing and three to four scores seems likely for this Cougar.
1) Ameer Abdullah, Nebraska vs. Illinois ($8600)
Abdullah should not have much trouble running right through this Illinois defense. Expect at least 125 yards and a couple of scores.
2) Javorius Allen, USC vs. Oregon State ($6300)
Allen is a workhorse back that could find some success against Oregon State this week. He could also do some damage receiving the ball out of the backfield.
3) Duke Johnson, Miami vs. Duke ($5600)
Duke could find plenty of running room against a Duke defense that ranks 90th in the country. Expect this Hurricane to break a couple of long runs this week.
1) Bud Sasser, Missouri vs. South Carolina ($5300)
Sasser is Maty Mauk’s favorite target and he comes in at a tremendous price. Expect Sasser to easily surpass value this week.
2) Nelson Agholor, USC vs. Oregon State ($6100)
This game could be a shoot out and Agholor should be heavily involved. Expect a big effort from this Trojan.
3) KD Cannon, Baylor vs. Iowa State ($6700)
Cannon has been insanely productive over the past few games and could have another big outing against Iowa State. The only thing holding him back is the return of Antwan Goodley.
1) Clive Walford, Miami vs. Duke ($3800)
Walford has scored a touchdown in three of four games this season and is a primary red zone target for the Hurricanes.
2) Connor Hamlett, Oregon State vs. USC ($3400)
Hamlett has a high ceiling this week with the potential of a shootout-type game.
Want more detailed College Football DFS Analysis, Picks, Player News ,Player Rankings, Stat Breakdowns and more? Subscribe to CollegeFootballGeek.com – serving up winning College Fantasy Football strategy and advice since 2008! Follow us on Twitter @CFFGeek