We will take a look at some of today’s top overall plays as well as some value plays to help you fit in your studs. Make sure you take your shot at qualifying for the March Mania Bracket Tournament!
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in College hoops.
Qualifiers for March Mania are filling quickly, check them out!
Friday’s evening slate brings us a 12 game slate with 3 games having an O/U at or above 144.5. We have two games that have O/U’s above 153.5 and they should offer a ton of fantasy upside. Tonight should be a pretty high scoring night with a lot of big time college basketball players on display. At first glance there is not a ton of value to be had, however there are a few guys out there that could help you roster an extra stud play tonight.
- Jerian Grant, Notre Dame ($9,200) – This game offers us an O/U of 153.5 and should be full of a lot of fantasy goodness. I know Duke came out and punched NC State in the mouth not once but more like 12 times in the first 5 or 6 minutes and they never recovered. I do not see that happening today and Notre Dame will look to make it two victories against Duke on the season. Grant put up 30 fantasy points while taking just 8 shots yesterday and that shows that he doesn’t have to score to be able to put up fantasy points.
- Buddy Hield, Oklahoma ($8,300) – Hield gets to play in the game with the highest O/U of the night at 155.5. The last time these two met, Hield went for 37.25 fantasy points and I can see that being where he finishes tonight. The high O/U caught me off guard as I did not initially view this as the highest scoring game of the night, but I am warming up to that idea and it should be a lot of fun to watch.
- D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera, Georgetown ($8,300) – I tweeted out with about 7 minutes to go in the game yesterday wanting to know where the DSR that demanded the ball late in games was and my prayers were answered as he stepped up and his point total jumped up to the 30.75 that he finished with thanks to 25 game points. I think tonight he mixes in a few more assists and rebounds and manages closer to 35 points and he still obviously offers us a 50 point upside.
- Josh Richardson, Tennessee ($8,100) – Richardson has put up 32 fantasy points in each of the last 3 games and gets the tempo boost against Arkansas tonight. He has put up 62.25 fantasy points against Arkansas so far this season and they will need him to continue to perform extremely well if they want to pull the upset. I also think this game plays to a higher total than the 138.5 they have it listed at.
- Monte Morris, Iowa St ($7,600) – Morris has put up 98.75 fantasy points over his last 3 games and is coming off of making the game winner at the buzzer yesterday. He put up 33 the last time these two met and I think he is very under priced for his match-up tonight. This should be an extremely exciting game to watch and if you can pick the right guys from this game tonight, you could be in for a great night.
- London Perrantes, Virginia ($5,500) – Perrantes gets the tempo boost against the ultra quick Tar Heel team and he has been playing excellent basketball since his injury. He scored 25.75 the last time these two met and has put up 100.25 fantasy points over his last 4 while contributing 30 assists. I think he offers us 35 fantasy point upside in this game and should be a staple of your lineups tonight.
- Farad Cobb, Cincinnati ($5,000) – Cobb has put up 47.5 fantasy points over the last 2 and has gone for 22+ in 3 out of his last 4. He has put up 38 real game points over the last two and I think he will keep up his hot play tonight against UCONN. He is not afraid to fire up double digit shots and is capable of chipping in 4+ assists and rebounds.
- Devon Baulkman, Tennessee ($3,500) – Baulkman put up 22 fantasy points in 23 minutes last night and that instantly put his name on my radar as he was their leading score for a large part of the game. He has played 47 minutes over the last 2 games while putting up 29 fantasy points. He is definitely a GPP flier and I think he has the ability to reward you in a game that should be a step up for Tennessee as far as tempo goes.
- LaDontae Henton, Providence ($9,200) – Henton put up 41 fantasy points yesterday thanks to a 20 and 12 double double. Providence will need him to continue is solid play today if they want to upset the top seed Villanova. Henton has not played extremely well against VU this season and I think he has a chance to turn that around today as he has gone for 41+ in 2 of his last 4 games.
- Bobby Portis, Arkansas ($8,600) – Portis has put up 81.75 fantasy points over his last 2 and will look to put up back to back double doubles for the first time in about a month. Prior to this last little lull, Portis was a double double machine and should be able to dominate inside against Tennessee tonight.
- Justise Winslow, Duke ($8,400) – Winslow came out on fire to start the game yesterday against NC State and then NC State realized they didn’t want to show up and allowed Duke to rest Winslow and Okafor quite a bit while their back-ups played extremely well and the game got out of hand early. He has put up 72 fantasy points in the last 3 games while playing just 72 minutes.
- Jameel McKay, Iowa St ($7,500) – McKay struggled quite a bit last night and should be able to bounce back tonight in what should be an up and down game tonight. He went for 30.5 fantasy points the last time these two teams met and 28.75 the first time. Those two games basically put him right at value and I think he offers 40 fantasy point upside and is capable of a 20 and 12 type double double.
- Taurean Prince, Baylor ($7,300) – I like Prince a lot more than Gathers as he has been more consistent as well as the fact that he is $900 cheaper. His price dropped $400 thanks to the 23.75 fantasy point performance yesterday in which he did not hit the boards very well and I see him bouncing back against an under manned Kansas interior. Two games ago Prince went for 39.25 and he is certainly capable of that again tonight.
- Tony Parker, UCLA ($5,600) – I like Parker on most nights, however tonight he may be asked to step up and fill the void of teammate Kevon Looney should he have to miss tonight. Keep an eye on his status as he only played 10 minutes last night. Parker was effective from the offensive end last night as he shot 7 for 11, however he just did not hit the boards like he had been recently. He is certainly a GPP play as he does find himself in foul trouble at times and Arizona is not an easy match-up.
- Zach Auguste, Notre Dame ($5,000) – Auguste has put up 50.75 fantasy points over his last 2 and seems to have wrestled his minutes back from Colson. He was a board short of a double double last night and could be a low owned player that allows you to get a piece of the Duke-Notre Dame game.
- Jermaine Sanders, Cincinnati ($3,200) – Sanders is coming off of a 23 fantasy point performance and is a shot in the dark for GPP purposes tonight as he played 30 minutes in that game. About a month ago he went for over 28 fantasy points in 34 minutes of action so it was not that big of an aberration. If he is able to see 20+ minutes tonight, I think he is capable of more than 4x return as he could put up 15-20 fantasy points.
That’s what we have for today and hopefully its a great day for you guys. Certainly hoping I can take down one of the March Mania Tournament qualifiers today and save me some stress! Hit me up on twitter, @Razzle11Grinds, if you have any questions or even news to share. I will certainly do my best to share injury news.