We will take a look at some of today’s top overall plays as well as some value plays to help you fit in your studs. Make sure you take your shot at qualifying for the March Mania Bracket Tournament!
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in College hoops.
Qualifiers for March Mania are filling quickly, check them out!
$100K March Mania Qualifier #57 – $10 Entry
Tonight offers us an 11 game slate to work with and a handful of fast tempo games that should offer us plenty of scoring. Remember that a few teams are playing on back to back nights and may have played a lot of minutes yesterday in just trying to survive and advance to today. Make sure you take that into consideration when debating a few plays tonight.
- D’Angelo Russell, Ohio St ($10,100) – Russell appeared to be to his old tricks again and then last game the Buckeyes were blown out by the Badgers and Russell only managed 26.25 fantasy points. I am giving him a pass in that match-up and think that today’s game should fit into his playing style. The last time these two played he put up 40.75 fantasy points and should offer us 50 fantasy point upside tonight.
- Buddy Hield, Oklahoma ($8,300) – Hield is one of my favorites as he takes a ton of shots and contributes on the boards as well from his guard position. He has put up 109.75 fantasy points over his last 3 and should atone for putting up just 22.25 fantasy points the last time these two teams met.
- D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera, Georgetown ($8,300) – DSR got a game of rest recently and I look for him to step on the court and continue to play as well as he has recently. He has gone for 28+ in 8 of his last 10 and 6 of those were 32+. He has 31 rebounds and 13 assists over his last 4 games while averaging 35.5 fantasy points. He put up 32.75 fantasy points the last time these two met, while scoring 24 game points.
- Tyus Jones, Duke ($8,200) – Tyus is the cheapest of the Duke big 4 in this one and he will have the ball in his hands more often than the others and is coming off of a 43 fantasy point performance. This game should offer us plenty of fantasy goodness and should be extremely entertaining to watch.
- Anthony Barber, NC State ($7,000) – A day late? I do not believe so as Barber is ultra quick and not afraid to attack the rim or pull up from distance. The Duke defense does not scare me in this one and I think Barber keeps up the hot hand from yesterdays 47.25 fantasy point performance. Prior to yesterday, Barber was routinely sitting in the mid 20’s and had flashed 40+ fantasy point upside before, so yesterdays performance should not necessarily be an outlier.
- Mathew Fisher-Davis, Vanderbilt ($5,200) – Fisher-Davis has been a sneaky play for Vanderbilt lately as Baldwin and LaChance have had their prices jump. Fisher-Davis offers us 30 fantasy point upside and is capable of putting up a lot of 3’s in a hurry. The last time these two teams met, Fisher-Davis let go 11 3-point attempts and finished with just 16 fantasy points. I will go out on a limb and say that if he gets up 11 attempts from 3 today, he will score 25+ fantasy points with ease.
- Jeff Newberry, Oklahoma St ($4,100) – I used Newberry a lot earlier in the season and then he kind of disappeared. Well, he came back in a big way the last time out as he put up 27 fantasy points in 30 minutes of action. He offers us 30 fantasy point upside at just $4.1K.
- Manu Lecomte, Miami ($3,900) – Lecomte should still be in the starting position for Miami, even with Angel Rodriguez returning. Rodriguez only saw 10 minutes of action yesterday, while Lecomte saw the court for 24 minutes. At just $3.9K Lecomte offers us 30 fantasy point upside and about a 15 fantasy point floor at this point. He managed 14.75 fantasy points yesterday while going 0 for 6 from the field.
- Justise Winslow, Duke ($8,300) – Winslow is coming off of a 20 fantasy point performance in just 22 minutes of action due to foul trouble. I love watching Winslow on the court as he is very energetic and he fills the stat sheet. This game is going to fit perfectly into his playing style and I think he offers us 40+ fantasy point upside tonight.
- Josh Scott, Colorado ($7,800) – Scott is finally playing like the $9K player that I thought he was coming into this season. He has gone for 32.25, 50 and 35 fantasy points over his last 3 and should be able to continue that in a game that should be a pace up game for Colorado.
- Georges Niang, Iowa St ($8,400) – Niang is another that is playing really well and has gone for 31+ over his last 3 games and should not be bothered by the interior of Texas as he spends a lot of time stepping out and playing a point forward type role. He went for 28.75 fantasy points the last time these two met and I think he keeps up his 30+ streak tonight.
- Maurice Walker, Minnesota ($6,500) – Walker has been a rebounding machine over his last 3 games and has 2 double doubles in those games. The Ohio St interior leaves a lot to be desired and Walker should be able to take advantage of the lane tonight. This game should be one of the higher scoring games of the night and I will definitely want a piece of it.
- Elgin Cook, Oregon ($6,400) – Cook has played some really good basketball for Oregon this year and we actually get him at $600 decrease from where his salary was just a month ago. He basically has offered us a floor of about 22 points and a ceiling of about 35. I think he makes a solid play for both cash and GPP’s and should be able to reach value tonight rather easily.
- Jae’Sean Tate, Ohio St ($5,000) – Tate has put up 41.75 fantasy points over the last 2 games and has shown us a ceiling of 31.25 fantasy points over the last 2 weeks. I think Tate is in an excellent spot against Minnesota and Joey King and should be able to out work him for a handful of rebounds and should be able to post him up.
- Michael Carrera, South Carolina ($5,100) – Carrera always is intriguing and sometimes foul trouble really kills a great start to a game for him. Yesterday he put up 20 fantasy points in just 22 minutes of play thanks to foul trouble and that should basically be his floor tonight against Mississippi.
- M.J. Rhett, Mississippi ($3,700) – Rhett put up 21.75 fantasy points the last time out and managed to play 28 minutes in that game. I think that is about his ceiling tonight even though he did go for 27.75 fantasy points a month ago, but for his price all we are looking for out of him is about 14 points and I think that is the floor he offers us.
That’s what we have for today and hopefully its a great day for you guys. Certainly hoping I can take down one of the March Mania Tournament qualifiers today and save me some stress! Hit me up on twitter, @Razzle11Grinds, if you have any questions or even news to share. I will certainly do my best to share injury news.