We will take a look at some of today’s top overall plays as well as some value plays to help you fit in your studs. Make sure you take your shot at qualifying for the March Mania Bracket Tournament!
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in College hoops.
Today’s early slate brings us a nice 5 game slate with O/U’s that range from 120.5 up to 147 and should offer us some nice scoring with the 2 Pac 12 games on the slate. The one game that is offline as of this minute in regards to the line is the UNC-Boston College game, as it appears that Kennedy Meeks will miss this one for the Tar Heels.
- Olivier Hanlan, Boston College ($10,200) – Hanlan is the top overall play of the day and showed in the second half of yesterday’s game just how much he is able to take over a game. He finished with 43 fantasy points and has gone for 37+ in 4 of his last 5 games. He went for 30 real game points the last time these two met and should be able to attack the Heels perimeter defense.
- Terran Petteway, Nebraska ($8,600) – Thankfully we do not have to worry about efficiency as Petteway is shooting the ball rather terribly, however he was still able to put up 35 fantasy points in Nebraska’s near upset of Maryland on Sunday. He has shot 33% or less in 5 straight games and has taken 12+ shots in all of them. At some point his shot is going to start to drop and he is going to explode. Nebraska came into the year as a ranked team with high hopes, so I would not be surprised to see them win a couple games in the conference tournament and Petteway will be the reason why.
- Xavier Rathan-Mayes, Florida St ($7,800) – We have seen XRM explode for 50 fantasy points and is capable of taking a game over. The last time these two teams played, he went for 24 fantasy points and is coming off of a 32.5 fantasy point game against Pittsburgh. I believe one of the guards from FSU will go off and XRM is the logical choice as he has the ball in his hands the most.
- Elijah Stewart, USC ($4,800) – Stewart is coming off of 48.75 fantasy points in his last 2 games and his price has dropped $300. Something does not add up to me as his role has expanded significantly with all the injury issues USC has had of late and he should be able to see 30+ minutes again today. He has scored 14 real game points in each of the last 2 games.
- Sam Singer, California ($4,000) – Singer gets to play in the game with the highest O/U of the day at 147. He offers us 25 fantasy point upside and about an 18 point floor which is excellent for his $4K price tag. He has basically been playing mid 2o’s minutes wise and is capable of contributing in all categories. I think he is the safest of the value options today and should allow you to add a hawkinson or johnson to hanlan in your lineups.
- Josh Hawkinson, Washington St ($9,200) – I think in a vacuum I like Johnson more, however this Wash St-Cal game has an extremely high O/U at 147 and this should mean a lot more chances for Hawkinson to hit the boards and get put backs. I have used Hawkinson a lot this year and that has mainly been because of his double double ability. He has double doubles in 4 of his last 5 and 7 of his last 10. He has gone for 35+ fantasy points in 3 of his last 5 and the last time these two met he went for 18 and 12 while taking 18 shots.
- Brice Johnson, UNC ($7,700) – With the news that Kennedy Meeks has an illness coming out, Johnson should have to step up and be the man in the paint for the Heels. The last time these two met, he went for 34 fantasy points and should be capable of something very similar as he went for a 20 and 10 double double.
- Savon Goodman, Arizona St ($6,500) – Goodman’s price has finally fallen and I think this makes a great time to jump on him as he has shown us 40 fantasy point upside and is coming off of a 29.5 fantasy point performance on Saturday. I like he and his teammate, McKissic, quite a bit today and think that Goodman will be the less owned of the two as McKissic has been playing excellent ball and I think the USC defense forgets about Goodman a little bit.
- Ross Travis, Penn St ($4,600) – Travis has put up 65.25 fantasy points over his last 3 games and even though the match-up is not the greatest, I think he can continue his solid play and should be able to offer something along the lines of 10 and 8 which is good enough for 20 fantasy points.
- Jordan Railey, Washington St ($4,400) – Railey offers us about a 20 point ceiling which isn’t extremely appealing. He is on this list mainly because of his consistency of late as he should be a lock to get us 15-20 fantasy points in the highest O/U of the slate. He gets himself into foul trouble and that is the big negative for him as it keeps him at about 20-24 minutes a game. The last time these two teams met, he only put up 1 foul but struggled from the field shooting 2 of 7.
That’s what we have for today and hopefully its a great day for you guys. Certainly hoping I can take down one of the March Mania Tournament qualifiers today and save me some stress! Hit me up on twitter, @Razzle11Grinds, if you have any questions or even news to share. I will certainly do my best to share injury news.