We will take a look at some of today’s top overall plays as well as some value plays to help you fit in your studs. Make sure you take your shot at qualifying for the March Mania Bracket Tournament!
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in College hoops.
Qualifiers for March Mania are filling quickly, check them out!
Welcome to the last regular season Saturday slate of the year and today we get a 15 game slate with a lot of scoring possible today in some great match-ups. The Michigan St-Indiana and LSU-Arkansas match-ups should be two of the top scoring tilts of the slate and offer plenty of fantasy goodness. At first glace, there are a ton of value plays under the $5.2k price point and it should be an interesting day.
- Kris Dunn, Providence ($9,500) – Dunn is back to being a triple double threat any time he steps on the court and I think he offers us the highest upside today in a match-up against Butler. He has put up 36+ fantasy points in the last 2 games and has averaged 16.5 points, 8.5 assists, 6 rebounds in those 2 games.
- Sir’Dominic Pointer, St Johns ($9,000) – Pointer on any given night can get you 50+ and that’s always a great thing to see. He has gone for 35+ in the last 4 games and should continue that trend today against Villanova. Pointer struggled with fouls the last time these two teams met and St Johns is really going to need him to come up big today on the road.
- Travis Trice, Michigan St ($8,700) – Trice has been stepping up of late and has gone for 40+ in 2 of the last 3 games. MSU will need Trice to continue his hot hand today, especially should Dawson have to miss this game after taking a knee to the eye last time out. I love targeting Indiana games and today will be no different.
- Will Cummings, Temple ($7,800) – The last time these two met, Cummings put up 21 fantasy points while shooting just 2 for 10 from the field. He basically never comes off of the court for Temple and gets to take on UCONN at home today. He has gone for 28+ in 5 of his last 6 games and should be able to reach that mark again today with a shot at 35+.
- Tim Quarterman, LSU ($7,400) – Two games ago Quarterman put up a triple double for LSU and should Mickey be limited today, Quarterman will have to help out in the rebounding category. This game should see a ton of possessions and a ton of fantasy points.
- Alex Barlow, Butler ($4,800) – Barlow bounced out of a little slump and put up 22.5 fantasy points the last time out and I think Barlow offers us 35 fantasy point upside at a cheap price. The return to full health of the Butler starting lineup seems to benefit Barlow and his confidence.
- JerShon Cobb, Northwester ($4,300) – Cobb returned from his injury and played 33 minutes and put up 28.5 fantasy points in the OT game against Michigan. He really carried Northwestern late in that match-up and his price jumped just $500. Cobb was priced at $5.4K prior to his injury and ultimately should be priced above $5K and I think this is a steal. I will plugging Cobb in and taking the 20-25 fantasy points.
- Sam Singer, California ($3,700) – Singer has averaged about 23 minutes per game over the last 3 and has put up over 17 fantasy points per in those contests. He has shown us 25+ fantasy point upside when he gets 20+ minutes and I look for him to continue to play a solid role when on the floor.
- Jarell Martin, LSU ($9,400) – Martin has 50 fantasy point upside and may be relied upon even more should Mickey be limited. This game offers us a ton of possessions and should be a fantasy gold mine as you can guess by the 3 players I have listed from this match-up. There are plenty of options today and I believe that Martin is my top choice of the slate.
- Bobby Portis, Arkansas ($8,700) – Portis is my third player from this LSU-Arkansas game and I think I could have listed 2 or 3 more. Portis is just super consistent and do not be afraid of Martin’s defense in this one. I feel like you should be able to pencil him in for an easy 20 and 10 at minimum today.
- Michael Gbinije, Syracuse ($7,800) – Sounds like I am about the only guy on Gbinije today and I guess I can see why, even thought I do not quite understand it. We get him at a discount today compared to his salary over the last 2 months. He has 45 fantasy point upside and last time out against Virginia, put up 20.5 fantasy points even while shooting 2-11. He has shot 7 for 31 over the last two games and should turn it around today.
- Troy Williams, Indiana ($7,600) – Welcome to my daily Troy Williams write-up. I have written about Williams every time Indiana has played since I started writing for DK and today will continue that. Williams went for 30.25 last game and his price dropped $400. He is extremely active on the floor and I do not see guys like Schilling and Costello containing him.
- Michael Young, Pittsburgh ($7,400) – Young has been playing extremely well and has averaged 36 fantasy points over his last 3 and should continue that today against Florida St. I think he has an upside of about 40 points today and could certainly get us a 25 and 10 double double as well.
- Shaquielle McKissic, Arizona St ($5,200) – McKissic is coming off a 32.75 fantasy point game and his price dropped $200. McKissic is an extremely active forward in the Michael Qualls mold and is not afraid to put up 12+ shots from the field, with 5+ of those coming from 3 point land. I really like Arizona St in this game and would not fault a person for playing McKissic with Holder and/or Barnes.
- Jimmie Taylor, Alabama ($4,600) – Taylor is coming off of a 13 and 11 double double which was good for 32.75 fantasy points. Prior to last game, Taylor was comfortably sitting at 14+ points per game and I think he plays with confidence today and offers us a 20+ point floor against A&M.
- Elijah Macon, West Virginia ($3,000) – I wanted to find a min priced play to talk about for today as there is plenty of high priced guys to target. It came down to Behrens of Cal and Macon for WVU and I think either makes a solid GPP option at $3k. Macon has played 17 minutes in each of the last two games and has put up 30.25 fantasy points in those 2 games. He shoots well from the field and manages to grab a rebound every 4 minutes or so of action and should he see 17-20 minutes today, should offer 20 point upside.
That’s what we have for today and hopefully its a great day for you guys. Certainly hoping I can take down one of the March Mania Tournament qualifiers today and save me some stress! Hit me up on twitter, @Razzle11Grinds, if you have any questions or even news to share. I will certainly do my best to share injury news.