Welcome to Selection Sunday! It’s a day full of bubbles bursting and a few more conference championship games.
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in College hoops.
We get three conference championship games to work with on Selection Sunday. The first one on the slate brings is Kentucky and Arkansas with Kentucky trying to head into the Big Dance undefeated. The second game features UCONN trying to steal a bid and knock off SMU. The final game is in the B1G Ten, where Wisconsin is trying to seal up a #1 seed against Michigan St. I don’t think we get to say this often but the Kentucky game might end up being the highest scoring of the slate.
- Travis Trice, Michigan St ($8,700) – I think Trice makes an intriguing option going up against Wisconsin this afternoon. The last time these two met, Trice went for 24 and struggled a bit with his shot. He is shooting pretty well right now and offers us 45 fantasy point upside. Today’s slate does not offer much for high scoring contests and that makes me want to focus on scorers even more.
- Daniel Hamilton, UCONN ($8,400) – Hamilton does everything on the court for the Huskies and if they want to pull the upset, they are going to need him to put up a nice double double and maybe even mess around and get a triple double. He has shot just 11 for 42 over his last 4 games but has managed to put up 103.5 fantasy points over those games thanks to 28 rebounds and 17 assists. He went for 30.25 fantasy points the last time these two met and does have a 54 point game in the last month.
- Michael Qualls, Arkansas ($7,300) – Qualls went for 32.25 fantasy points the last time these teams met and if Arkansas wants to shock the world in any way, they are going to need him to do that and probably more today. He has put up 24.5 in each of Arkansas’ last two games, but he has been struggling from deep. Maybe he is able to get it going from outside today and should be able to get us 20+ real game points.
- Bronson Koenig, Wisconsin ($4,800) – Koenig put up 24.5 points yesterday against Purdue and should be in line for something very similar today against Michigan St. He is playing extremely well and is knocking down a few threes a game which is a nice boost. He doesn’t contribute a ton in the other categories as the most rebounds and assists he has offered in a game over the last month is 4 in each category.
- Anthlon Bell, Arkansas ($3,200) – Here is a sleeper punt type play for us today. Over his last 4 games he has put up 60.75 fantasy points while making 12 of 30 shots from three. The three point shot is certainly something that Arkansas is going to need to hit today and Bell could get you 25 fantasy points in a hurry.
- Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin ($9,800) – Kaminsky should be the Player of the Year for all outlets of an award and he should be able to dominate against Schilling and Costello. Over the first halves of the last two games, he has looked a bit sluggish but has managed to turn it around in the second halves and I think Frank comes to play today. He put up 47 fantasy points the last time these two met and that’s really all you need to know.
- Sam Dekker, Wisconsin ($7,200) – I think you could put Nigel Hayes here as well but Dekker can dazzle with his athleticism and is able to put up 10-12 fantasy points over a period of just a few minutes. He has gone for 62 fantasy points over the first two games of the B1G Ten tourney for Wisconsin and should come out energized and focused on the title and a number 1 seed.
- Karl-Anthony Towns, Kentucky ($6,800) – Towns really ruined my afternoon yesterday as I thought he would just dominate the interior against a short handed Auburn team after he put up 36 against them the last time. He then came out and took just 1 shot from the field. He struggled the last time these two teams met as he went for 15.75 fantasy points. Kentucky is going to put up points today and it’s just a matter of figuring who is going to do it.
- Willie Cauley-Stein, Kentucky ($5,100) – WCS looked like Kentucky’s best player yesterday as he went for 18 and 7 while throwing down a number of dunks. He went for 21.25 fantasy points the last time these two teams met and I feel he is pretty safe for 20+ again today.
- Matt Costello, Michigan St ($4,200) – There is not a ton of value out there today and I guess I could have listed Duje Dukan, however I thought Costello would be the better choice as he should see 22-25 minutes today and has put up 69.75 fantasy points over his last 4. He isn’t going to blow you away but should be able to provide 14-20 fantasy points today.
That’s what we have for today and hopefully its a great day for you guys. Certainly hoping I can take down one of the March Mania Tournament qualifiers today and save me some stress! Hit me up on twitter, @Razzle11Grinds, if you have any questions or even news to share. I will certainly do my best to share injury news.