We will take a look at some of today’s top overall plays as well as some value plays to help you fit in your studs. Make sure you take your shot at qualifying for the March Mania Bracket Tournament!
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in College hoops.
Qualifiers for March Mania are filling quickly, check them out!
We get a very high scoring slate of 8 games on this last Saturday of the conference season and we have some great match-ups from a fan perspective. I am really looking forward to the Notre Dame-UNC and Georgia-Arkansas match-ups. The Iowa St-Kansas game offers a very high O/U as well, but I think it plays slightly slower than that today. Make sure you attack the last March Mania qualifiers today and lets get to it!
- Jerian Grant, Notre Dame ($9,200) – This game should be the most entertaining of the slate and it offers us the highest O/U at 151. Notre Dame is actually the underdog in this and I find that a little odd, even as a die-hard Tar Heel fan. The Irish won the previous meeting by 1 at Chapel Hill, so this game should be very tight throughout. Grant struggled from the floor in that one but still managed to put up 25 fantasy points.
- Will Cummings, Temple ($7,900) – Cummings managed to put up 34.25 fantasy points while taking just 7 shots yesterday. He put up 28.25 fantasy points the last time these two teams met and with the way that he is playing right now, I see that number going up today.
- T.J. McConnell, Arizona ($7,700) – McConnell gets a very nice tempo boost thanks to the Oregon upset of Utah last night and has been great dishing out the assists lately. He has three 11 assist games in his last 4 and is coming off of a double double which lead to 36.5 fantasy points yesterday. McConnell has 51 fantasy points in the two games against Oregon this season.
- Marcus Paige, UNC ($7,400) – I thought Paige would have had to play at his best yesterday to beat Virginia but that was not the case as he finished with just 25 fantasy points. This game fits his style a bit better and he should be able to find some open looks in transition. He offers us 40 fantasy point upside here and can certainly get hot from deep. Even if he is struggling early on, he will not be afraid to get nearly 10 3’s up in the game.
- Frank Mason III, Kansas ($7,400) – Mason has put up just 31.75 fantasy points over the last two games, but I think he comes to play today in a very up tempo game against Iowa St. I think the return of Ellis will actually help Mason out in this one as he doesn’t have to be looked at to be the number 1 guy. All the signs point to avoid on Mason but I think he makes a sneaky GPP play.
- Demetrius Jackson, Notre Dame ($5,800) – Jackson’s price may be the highest that I have ever listed in the value plays section, but that’s for good reason. He has put up 105 fantasy points over his last 4 games and should continue to play extremely well. I think he might be my favorite play from Notre Dame today.
- Josh Hart, Villanova ($5,100) – Hart has put up 77.75 fantasy points over his last 3 while shooting 18 for 27 from the field. He has made 11 of 18 three point attempts over that period and will look to continue his hot hand today for Villanova. He has shown us double digit rebound upside as well and could be a sneaky 30 fantasy point performer today.
- Jared Nickens, Maryland ($3,200) – Much like yesterday, I wanted to go down the list and find a real punt play that you could take a shot with in a GPP. Nickens’ minutes are far from a guarantee but when he does get 15+ minutes, he is not afraid to put up shots from deep. He doesn’t offer much else in terms of stats but certainly could get ya a 12-3-1 line with a few threes today and more than pay off his cheap salary.
- Bobby Portis, Arkansas ($8,800) – Portis is just a beast in the paint and I think at this point, he is nearly match-up proof. In 3 March games, Portis has put up 71 points, 34 rebounds and 6 assists which lead to a total of 126.5 fantasy points. He put up 28.25 fantasy points the first time they met this season, all the way back on January 6th.
- Branden Dawson, Michigan St ($7,900) – Dawson responded to his slump in a big way yesterday by putting up 34.5 fantasy points in 30 minutes of action. Michigan St is actually the favorite in today’s game against Maryland and I think Dawson should have his way against the likes of Smotrycz and Layman. He put up 53.75 fantasy points in two games against Maryland early in the conference season and should be able to get that total close to 90 after today’s game.
- Brice Johnson, UNC ($7,700) – Johnson is coming off of an efficient 25 fantasy point game as he put up just 7 shots. Johnson is generally a lock for about 15 shot attempts per game and offers us a 45 point upside. I just do not think that Notre Dame can offer much defensively against Johnson on the interior.
- Jameel McKay, Iowa St ($7,500) – McKay finished with 23.75 fantasy points yesterday and fell just 1 rebound short of a double double. He offers us nearly a 40 fantasy point ceiling and should be able to offer a 20 point floor. I think he manages to dominate the paint today against a banged up Kansas interior.
- Matt Stainbrook, Xavier ($7,200) – Stainbrook is playing his best basketball of the season and Xavier will need him to continue that if they want to pull an upset today. He has put up 101.5 fantasy points over his last 3 games while grabbing 28 rebounds. He has also managed to average 32 minutes per game after not surpassing 28 in his previous 7 games.
- Zach Auguste, Notre Dame ($5,000) – Auguste played pretty well yesterday and then ran into foul trouble in the second half and managed to foul out a little earlier than we would have hoped. He still managed to put up 18.5 fantasy points in 25 minutes of action. In the previous two games he managed to put up 50.75 fantasy points in 57 minutes of action. I really like Colson as well today, however I think Auguste’s role is more defined and safer.
- Landen Lucas, Kansas ($4,800) – Lucas is a very talented big who finally getting a decent amount of run and has shown us 32 fantasy point upside over his last few games and has put up 67.25 fantasy points over his last 3. Kansas will need him to be a force in the paint today against McKay. He certainly could find himself in foul trouble but that is a risk we will have to take.
- Matt Costello, Michigan St ($4,200) – Costello continues to play extremely well in just 20-24 minutes of action. I wish we could get 26 minutes of action or more as Costello has played really well against Maryland on the season. I think he offers us about 25 fantasy point upside in this game and should not have a problem putting up 16ish to pay off his salary.
That’s what we have for today and hopefully its a great day for you guys. Certainly hoping I can take down one of the March Mania Tournament qualifiers today and save me some stress! Hit me up on twitter, @Razzle11Grinds, if you have any questions or even news to share. I will certainly do my best to share injury news.