Today’s CBB Targets break down the college basketball slate we have with a look at the studs, sleepers, and mid-range players you want to have in your lineups.
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in College hoops.
The 12 game slate is already down to 10 with two games canceled because of the snow storm in the northeast. That’s still a pretty robust slate which gives us a bunch of options today. Six of these games have totals in the 130-150 range and those are where I will be concentrating for my plays today. Those games include VCU/GW which is my least favorite due to the spread. Tennessee/Arkansas is probably the best target for fantasy due to the total and spread and likely pace of play. Xavier/Georgetown is another one I will be looking at closely, followed by Vanderbilt/Georgia, West Virginia/Kansas St, and Texas A+M/Auburn. Those are the ones to target today for the most upside.
- Michael Qualls, Arkansas ($7800) – Really disappointed people who took him in the January Jams at high ownership in a good match up. He shot 3-15 on that day and had his lowest output in two weeks. I expect him to bounce back today in the highest O/U game on this slate. Besides his scoring he grabs a few boards and dishes out a couple assists every game and is the catalyst to that Arkansas attack. If the Razorbacks want to win today they will need a better game out of him and I am looking for that to happen.
- Jalen Jones, Texas A+M ($7500) – Ultra consistent SF for the Aggies is listed as a guard here so let’s go with that. He is a rebounding and scoring machine and is as consistent lately as they come. I usually want four times salary from my players in CBB and he has put up 30 DK points consistently over his last four. That would make him the rare player who has averaged his value threshold over the last few games and I see no reason he can not do so again in a game with a nice total. He was injured and just rounding back into form, so take the price break they offer on him now before his price gets back to the $8,000 range or above.
- Patricio Garino, George Washington ($6500) – GW guard is a great play today as he has been way above the 4 times threshold lately. He has basically gone 3 times salary in recent games on his real life points alone. Add in the assists, rebounds, and occasional three point basket and this guy is a must start. VCU plays at a crazy high pace and GW can match them today, so I expect a lot of points and a big piece of that to involve Garino. He is my top play on the day at any price point or position.
- Matt Stainbrook, Xavier ($7700) – Big guy from Xavier has really been picking up his game lately. In his last two game he has smashed through the 4 times salary threshold. He has seen his price rise, but contributes in points, assists, and rebounds every game so I can’t see him not playing well today. Georgetown is not as good as they have been in the past and the pace they play at has seen some really high scoring games recently. If this is going to be a little more up and down then I see Stainbrook putting up nice numbers as the focal point of that Xavier offensive attack. He is a horrid defensive player, but we really do not care about that for fantasy as long as he gets the minutes and is producing.
- Devin Williams, West Virginia ($7400) – Sophmore for the Mountaineers is a walking double double. In fact in his last few games other than a blowout he is getting one every time he steps on the floor. K St. is not a bad opponent and the WVU squad is expected to get a little bit of a stern test today. If he plays 30+ minutes a 15/10 game is almost ensured and that would push him over the 4 times mark and make him a useful play. For the price and match up I think he is the safest guy on the board and will be an anchor in my cash game lineups and make most of my GPPs.
- Trevon Bluiett, ($5500) – This is the guy who will make or break my night for me and I caution he is best used in GPPs. The 6’6″ Frosh can be one of the best players in the conference one night and someone who would not make half the teams the next. He’s dropped 25 DK points against Auburn, Seton Hall, and Depaul twice. He has also had four games of 17 points or less mixed in as well. He is a true boom or bust guy and at a price of $5500 there’s very few guys who can get you the upside for a GPP he is capable of. Of course in cash he also could go 1 time value and stink the joint up, but he has 8 or more shot attempts in 70% of his games and is playing 30 minutes + in games when he is scoring and a minimum of 25 when he is not. He is not as risky as I make him out to be, and his upside is enormous, so you have to at the very least consider him.
Jan Jams Satellites
There are plenty of Satellites to the NBA $500K Slam Dunk being given out for high scores today in CBB. The $500K tourney for NBA is tomorrow so if you want a shot at a discounted ticket and are a CBB stud, then take it down tonight and turn it into $100,000 tomorrow. Good Luck guys.