Today’s CBB Targets break down the college basketball slate we have with a look at the studs, sleepers, and mid-range players you want to have in your lineups.
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in College hoops.
The 13 game slate is one of the better ones we have had in CBB to date. There are a lot of high O/U today’s including Indiana/Wisconsin which is a 146 with a large -15 spread for the Badgers. Seton Hall and Depaul is a 143 total with a 4 point spread and Arkansas/South Carolina is a 145 total with the Razorbacks at -7. You also have the NC State and Wake game which has a lower total but is a pick em, so you should see some nice stat lines in a probable back and forth game there. Lot of options to choose from on this large slate today so let’s take a look at some plays.
- Sterling Gibbs, Seton Hall ($8400) – My fellow Seton Hall Prep Basketball Alum has done well for himself moving on to the University for his college ball. In his last two games he has posted over 40 DK points and in a high total game like today I would expect more of the same. He averages 14 shots a game with 6 of those coming from behind the arc where he is shooting almost 46%. He adds a few assists and rebounds every game as well and sees a ton of minutes as the leader of the Hall’s attack. Depaul is not exactly a power house and I think Sterling is in line for another stellar performance tonight.
- Trevor Lacey, NC State ($8100) – He has had 32, 32, and 34 DK points in his last three games which puts him at about 4 times value which is enough to help you win a GPP and dominate your cash games. He is very consistent and gets a game today where he should see a ton of minutes in a back and forth affair. His sterength lies in his ability to do everything. He scores under 20 points a game, but makes up for it by having double digits in Rebounds+Assists nightly. He’s a stat sheet stuffer and should have the ball in his hands at crunch time, which could be huge given the way Vegas expects this one to play out. He’s a cash game staple for me and with the probable upside today I think he is a GPP play as well.
- Isiah Whitehead, Seton Hall ($6400) – Freshman guard missed a month of the season and returned last game to hang a 30 DK point performance up on Xavier. He is the better of the two freshman guards and should continue to steal minutes away from Kadheen Carrington who replaced him when he was injured about a month ago. I really like the SHU guards in a faster paced contest tonight and think you can build around them for good value and upside in any game type today.
- Bobby Portis, Arkansas ($9100) – Big guy for the Razorbacks has six double doubles in his last seven games. He has not scored under 28 DK points in any of those, while twice reaching 40 and three other times topping 32. The game has a total in the 140s and he is the most consistent performer for the high powered Razorbacks to date. The scoring on this team comes from different sources all the time, but he always gets his double figures and he is the man who controls the boards for them on both ends of the floor. His price is a little high, but the production is right in line with what you need to pay it off. In cash games he is very safe and should be considered today even for GPPs with his upside.
- Rakeem Christmas, Syracuse ($9900) – Senior big man has averaged over 21 points and 9 rebounds since the beginning of league play. He has turned into a dominate force for the Orangemen and always in play to me. Cash games he is very solid and the only pause I have in GPs is his price bump up. He is the most expensive option on the board today but also has the clearest path to see him dominate. I am GPP adverse to paying up this much for a predominately two category guy, but he is able to fill up those two categories like the CBB version of Zach Randolph for you NBA DFS players. He is always in good rebounding position in that Syracuse zone defense and I think another 20 and 10 game is coming tonight.
- Brandon Mobley, Seton Hall ($5600) – I really like the Pirates chances for a win tonight if you could not tell here. Mobley has scored over 20 DK Points in five of his last six games. At four times value that’s a consistent and quality start for him at that price. The Senior big guy is playing really well right now and having the guard combo do there thing only makes his life easier. He does not have a huge ceiling as he gets only 25 minutes a game or so, but he has easily surpassed three times value and made it closer to four times over the last month. Very useful cash game salary saver and has enough upside to be considered for GPPs.