We will take a look at some of today’s top overall plays as well as some value plays to help you fit in your studs. Make sure you take your shot at qualifying for the March Mania Bracket Tournament!
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in College hoops.
Qualifiers for March Mania are filling quickly, check them out!
Saturday’s early slate offers us 14 games and a couple of the Micro Millions tournaments with some bigger prize pools than we are used to for CBB. There are some great match-ups across the board today and some very important conference games today as well. I love this time of year as we see teams step up and battle for conference position as well as national seeding. We have O/U’s that range from 114 up to 144.5 so there should be some good scoring going on today.
- Olivier Hanlan, Boston College ($9,900) – Hanlan is my top overall play of the day and I love this NC State-Boston College game from a fantasy standpoint. Hanlan has one of the largest usage rates in CBB and is coming off of 46.75 fantasy points. I would expect to see Hanlan play all 40 minutes and fire up 20+ shots today.
- Sir’Dominic Pointer, St Johns ($9,100) – Pointer probably has more 45+ fantasy point games than anybody in CBB this year and I can see St. Johns showing up in this one with a chip on their shoulder. G’Town recently spanked St. Johns and I think they try to get some payback today. Pointer went for only 26 fantasy points in that one and I look for him to add 10+ to that today.
- Stefan Moody, Mississippi ($8,100) – I love rostering Moody and today is no different. LSU likes to play quite a bit faster and Mississippi will get a tempo-boost. Moody has 40+ fantasy point upside and is averaging 34 fantasy points per game over his last 3 and over that same time frame, he has fired up 34 threes and 46 total shots. He also contributes in the rebound and assists categories.
- Darrun Hilliard, Villanova ($7,900) – Hilliard’s price has jumped up $1400 over the last 2 weeks and for good reason. He has been on a roll and averaging over 32 fantasy points per game over the last 4 games. He has been averaging 14 shots, 5 made 3’s and 5 made FT’s a game over those 4 as well. Villanova is the better team, however I think this game plays out pretty close as Xavier plays well at home.
- Buddy Hield, Oklahoma ($7,900) – Hield’s price has dropped $1K over the last month and I look for him to bounce out of a small funk. The last time out against TCU, Hield put up a double double en route to 35.5 fantasy points. I think Hield’s ownership % will be extremely low and he has 45+ fantasy point upside.
- Jalyn Patterson, LSU ($5,400) – Patterson is coming off of a 32.25 fantasy point performance and seems to be locked into 30+ minutes. The last time these two teams met, LSU’s PG (Gray) went for a 14 and 10 double double. I think Patterson offers us 35 fantasy point upside in this one and I like to get a piece of LSU any chance I can.
- Quentin Snider, Louisville ($4,500) – Snider appears to be the number 1 beneficiary of the dismissal of Chris Jones. In the two games without Jones, he is averaging 37 minutes and around 21 fantasy points per game. He has fired up 12 3’s in those two games and will contribute in the rebounds and assists categories. I think he sits around 20-22 fantasy points in this game which will more than pay off his salary.
- Tadric Jackson, Georgia Tech ($3,600) – I love Jackson and I am not quite sure why. Maybe it was his end of the first half dunk last game out against Louisville. Jackson is not going to go off ala Namon Wright, but he has been very consistent over his last 3, averaging 26 minutes and about 15 fantasy points per game. That 15 fantasy point mark is all we need for him to make value at his $3.6K price tag.
- Jarell Martin, LSU ($9,600) – Martin is priced above Mickey in this one and normally I would be all over Mickey, however he just has not been very assertive and Martin has been playing extremely well. Over the last 2 games, Martin is averaging over 46 fantasy points per game and I look for him to continue that today. Last time out against Ole Miss he went for an 18 and 14 double double and I can see a similar line.
- Montrezl Harrell, Lousville ($9,200) – Harrell is coming off of a 19.5 fantasy point performance and that should keep his ownership pretty low. He has the ability to explode for 50+ at any point and rarely comes off of the court for Louisville. He also has shown stretches this year where he disappears so this pick does come with some risk, considering Martin is just $400 more, however if you want to be a bit contrarian, I think Harrell offers similar upside to Martin.
- Dyshawn Pierre, Dayton ($8,700) – Pierre is coming off of a very strong 4 game stretch in which he has averaged 38 fantasy points and put up 3 double doubles. He basically plays the whole game for Dayton and this match-up is for first place in the A10. If Dayton wants to go to VCU and pull off the upset to take the lead in the conference, they are going to need Pierre to do some work on the inside.
- Roosevelt Jones, Butler ($7,400) – Jones offers us 40+ fantasy point upside and is able to contribute in all categories. The last time against DePaul, Jones went for 26.75 fantasy points thanks to 20 real game points. I look for something similar as far as game points but I think he contributes a bit more on the glass in this one and should be a safe bet to put up 30+.
- Kennedy Meeks, UNC ($6,700) – If you’ve read my write-ups previously, you know that I am a die-hard UNC fan and I love to target them any time I can. The one issue today is that they get a slight tempo down game and most of the roster is over priced for the match-up. The one that I think is under priced is Meeks and he has been playing really well over the last 3. Over that time frame, he has put up 28.25, 27 and 32.5 fantasy points. We are looking to get 26 fantasy points from Meeks to hit value and I think that is approximately his floor in this one against Miami.
- Kenrich Williams, TCU ($5,500) – Williams is coming off of a 31.5 fantasy point double double against Texas Tech and went for 10 points and 9 rebounds the last time out against Oklahoma which lead to 21.25 fantasy points. I think he is a strong bet to get us 22-25 fantasy points in this one and that will more than pay off his $5.5K salary.
- Beejay Anya, NC State ($3,900) – Over his last 3 games, Anya has averaged 27 minutes, 6 points, 8 rebounds and 16.25 fantasy points. He is not extremely involved in their offense, however BC just does not offer much down low and I think Anya has 12 and 12 upside for a nice double double at $3.9K.
- Tyler Wideman, Butler ($3,600) – I keep hoping Kelan Martin fills the minutes void however it looks like Wideman is the beneficiary of a nice minutes boost and offers us similar upside to Anya at $300 cheaper. He has averaged 25.5 minutes and 15.5 fantasy points over his last 2 and is coming off of an 8 point, 8 rebound performance in his last game out and I think that could have been even better had he not fouled out in 26 minutes of action.
That’s what we have for today and hopefully its a great day for you guys. Certainly hoping I can take down one of the March Mania Tournament qualifiers today and save me some stress! Hit me up on twitter, @Razzle11Grinds, if you have any questions or even news to share. I will certainly do my best to share injury news.