We will take a look at some of today’s top overall plays as well as some value plays to help you fit in your studs. Make sure you take your shot at qualifying for the March Mania Bracket Tournament!
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in College hoops.
Monday night brings us a small 3 game slate. The O/U’s for tonight’s games are 125.5 for Louisville-Georgia Tech, 147 Xavier-St Johns and 128.5 Kansas-Kansas St. The Xavier-St Johns match up should be full of fantasy goodness. I think tonight is going to be won by those who pick correctly from the other two games and with such a small slate, we have a much smaller margin of error. With that said, let’s take a look at some of the guys we should be targeting tonight.
- Sir’Dominic Pointer, St Johns ($8,900) – You have 4 guard options today for St Johns and they all make excellent options in what is projected to be the highest scoring game of the day. I am going with Pointer more than the rest purely based on his upside as I feel like he has the highest ceiling of them all today and is capable of putting up fantasy points in a hurry and has the highest likelihood of a double double. St Johns has the highest team total of the day and it would be a great idea to try and get a couple of them on your rosters.
- Rysheed Jordan, St Johns ($7,500) – Jordan and Greene are very closely ranked in my mind and I have given the edge to Jordan in that he has shown the ability to go for 40+ and is coming off of a 35.5 fantasy point performance. I was tempted to put Rozier in this spot as his usage rate takes a huge jump without Chris Jones, however I think Louisville relies on Harrell tonight.
- Dee Davis, Xavier ($6,600) – Davis has shown us double double upside and a 35+ fantasy point ceiling. Like I said, this game will have plenty of fantasy goodness and getting your hands on the guys who will have their hands all over the ball should be our main goal. Davis generally puts in 35+ mpg, but has shown us that he struggles with his shot even though he did recently go 5 for 5 from deep against Cincinnati.
- Wayne Blackshear, Louisville ($4,800) – It pains me to be writing his name here as he recently single handedly cost me a spot in the March Mania tournament. I was all over him against Syracuse and he came out and gave me a zero. I will be giving him a chance to make it up to me tonight as his price is just too enticing and Snider’s price has jumped to $4.7K. With both being basically the same price, I am leaning to the one that has shown us more and is easier to trust, as hard as it is for me to say that.
- Jevon Thomas, Kansas State ($3,500) – Wanted to go farther down the list rather than stick around the same price point as Blackshear. We get to Thomas, who at $3.5K has played 33 and 32 minutes in the last 2 games and has averaged over 15 fantasy points in those contests. We do not need him to blow us away with his performance and another 14+ point performance will be all we need for his price tag.
- Montrezl Harrell, Louisville ($9,300) – Harrell is capable of 50 fantasy points on any given night and tonight he gets a great match-up against the weaker interior of Georgia Tech, along with the fact that Chris Jones has been kicked off of the Louisville team. Harrell will play close to 40 minutes and has a strong probability of going for a big double double, along the lines of 25 and 15.
- Perry Ellis, Kansas ($7,700) – Ellis is far from a sexy pick, however he is super consistent and should be able to get you 28-32 fantasy points tonight against Kansas State. He is coming off of a 34.75 fantasy point performance against TCU and should be in a solid spot tonight for an 18 and 8 type of game for the Jayhawks. The last time out against Kansas State, Ellis went for a 16 and 12 double double en route to 37 fantasy points.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt ($6,900) – MGH’s price has dropped to a point that it hasn’t been in nearly a month and I think that makes him a great option tonight. He has an excellent mid-range game and I do not think somebody like Blackshear will be able to check him tonight. He is coming off of a couple of mediocre games but has shown us nearly 40 fantasy point upside.
- Trevon Bluiett, Xavier ($5,400) – Bluiett has shown us just over 30 fantasy point upside this year and can certainly get us a huge return on his price. He has also shown us the ability to get us next to nothing and leave us crying. In a game with the highest O/U of the night, I will lean towards the higher likelihood of 30+ fantasy points over the possibility of single digits. He is not afraid to get up 12+ shots and most likely 6 or so of those will be from 3 point land.
- Chris Obekpa, St Johns ($4,100) – Obekpa is a risky option as he can completely disappear from the rotation at times. His price has dropped from the $5K range and I think he has a chance at double digit rebounds tonight as St Johns will need his size against the likes of Reynolds and Stainbrook of Xavier.
That’s what we have for today and hopefully its a great day for you guys. Certainly hoping I can take down one of the March Mania Tournament qualifiers today and save me some stress! Hit me up on twitter, @Razzle11Grinds, if you have any questions or even news to share. I will certainly do my best to share injury news.