We will take a look at some of today’s top overall plays as well as some value plays to help you fit in your studs. Make sure you take your shot at qualifying for the March Mania Bracket Tournament!
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in College hoops.
Qualifiers for March Mania are filling quickly, check them out!
Thursday brings us an 8 game slate and a little hangover from the impressive prize pools that last night brought us. Congrats to everybody who took down some nice change last night and also want to give a shout out to Tuesdays CBB Playbook article author, Benny, who took down a tournament as well as a Qualifier to the March Mania Tournament. With that said, taking a look at tonight’s games, we have some interesting match-ups and a game that we probably want to avoid. As far as the O/U’s tonight, we have Purdue-Indiana at 145.5, USC-Arizona 139.5 (However AZ is a 23 point favorite), Mississippi-Mississippi State 135, Rugters-Iowa 125.5, Temple-SMU 124.5, UCONN-Memphis 124, Nebraska-Maryland 121.5 and the last game of the night Utah-Oregon St at a monstrous 111.5. Let’s take a look at some of the better plays of the night!
- Yogi Ferrell, Indiana ($8,200) – Yogi will be pretty highly owned tonight and for good reason. This game has the highest O/U and these two played earlier this year and we saw Purdue upset Indiana 83-67 and I think Indiana will look to come out and avenge that defeat. In that game, Yogi put up 20 shots and had 21 real game points. In his last game, Yogi struggled from the field shooting 3 for 11 but still managed to get 27.75 fantasy points. He has been playing more like a true PG recently and I look for him to continue his assist totals, as he had 11 of them last game. He still loves to shoot and will not pass up an open 3.
- Will Cummings, Temple ($7,800) – Cummings has been solid the last few games and he manages to do a little bit of everything for Temple. Temple gets a slight tempo boost in this one as they offer one of the best defenses in the country and normally play pretty slow. This should give Cummings a few extra possessions and he is capable of a 40 fantasy point performance at any time. Over his last 4, his per game averages are; 29.4 fantasy points, 17.5 points, 4.8 asts, 3.8 rebs and 10.5 free throw attempts. He is an aggressive player and you gotta love a guy who gets to the free throw line often.
- T.J. McConnell, Arizona ($7,700) – I will start this out with the fact that Arizona is 23 point favorites tonight and that can certainly be scary as far as minutes go. With that said, I think McConnell has a huge piece of the scoring that puts them up by so much. Over the last 3 games, T.J. has averaged 35 fantasy points per game in right around 31 minutes per game. He is as solid as they come tonight and offers double double upside as shown by his 18 assists over the last 2.
- Stefan Moody, Mississippi ($7,400) – Moody is ultra consistent and I generally feel that he is always under-owned for some reason. He isn’t super flashy and doesn’t offer much more than 38 fantasy point upside, but he has one of the safest floors of the slate and that’s always a great thing to help balance your lineup with. He has averaged over 26 fantasy points per game over the last 4. This game has the 3rd highest O/U of the night and I think you will want to have some exposure to it. Moody is the most consistent player in this game and the last time these two played, they combined for 152 points and I look to see a similar outcome tonight.
- Martavious Newby, Mississippi ($4,900) – Newby’s price has jumped quite a bit here, however I still think he makes a solid GPP value play. He is very active on the glass as seen by his 41 rebounds over his last 5 games. He has some offensive struggles and does not shoot particularly well, however he still has 26 fantasy point upside and you can not ask for much more than that from his salary.
- Bishop Daniels, Rutgers ($4,500) – Daniels’ minutes are basically sitting in the mid 30’s and over the last 4 games he has put up 41 shots. He has shown 30 point fantasy upside recently and if we can get 22-25 fantasy points from him tonight, we are in great shape. He is averaging 18 fantasy points per game over the last 4 and is trending upwards in that department. Iowa is a sizable favorite in this one, but they can at times get out and run and create extra possessions for both teams. I feel like Daniels should be priced between $4.9 and $5.3K.
- Troy Williams, Indiana ($7,600) – If you’ve been reading my article since I started, you will realize that I am a huge fan of Williams. He just constantly produces and I look for him to continue to do so tonight against Purdue. He’s been averaging just under 34 fantasy points over his last 3 games and has shown nearly 40 point upside to go along with the capability of getting a double double. He is a good bet for 18 and 8 tonight with the upside of a 25 and 12 game as well.
- Shaq Goodwin, Memphis ($7,500) – The initial thought by most will be, holy wow, whats his price? That’s way too much. Perfect for a GPP in my eyes. We will have to get verification that Austin Nichols is still out, as I expect that to be the case. Goodwin has stepped up and has been a beast on the glass of late and has put up 30+ fantasy points in each of the last 3 games. Over that time, he has scored 39 game points and grabbed 44 rebounds. I look for him to continue his rebounding clinic tonight and should be good for 15 and 12.
- Markus Kennedy, SMU ($6,500) – Kennedy is still rounding into his 2013-2014 form but has been ultra consistent and recently has shown 35 fantasy point upside. The last time these two teams met, Kennedy put up 31.25 fantasy points with a line of 21 and 7. If he can manage to find his old self tonight, we could see a 40+ fantasy point performance and I would love every second of it. I can see his GPP ownership being somewhat higher, but for great reason.
- Jarrod Uthoff, Iowa ($7,300) – Uthoff is coming off of a great performance against Northwestern as he went for 34 fantasy points in a game that could have been so much more had he hit the boards a little bit more. He scored 25 real game points and drained 5 threes. I just don’t see Rutgers having an answer for his athleticism on the wing and I can certainly see a line along the lines of 16-8-3 tonight.
- Darion Clark, USC ($4,400) – Clark is very much a GPP-only play for tonight. This game has a ridiculous spread and Clark can certainly find himself in foul trouble. However, at his price we are only looking at 16-18 fantasy points to hit value tonight and he has put up 38.25 fantasy points over the last 2 games and I feel like he can continue that production tonight should he see 22+ minutes of action.
- Dwight Coleby, Mississippi ($3,400) – Coleby has shown us 25+ fantasy point upside, along with the ability to get a double double. Against Florida on the 12th, he went for 11 and 9 in 24 minutes. He is certainly a punt play that can win you a GPP and I think his high reward certainly out-weighs the risk. He isn’t going to kill your lineup if he shows up with just a 10 fantasy point game. He will also allow you to fit another stud into your lineup, especially if you want to attack that Purdue-Indiana game.
That’s what we have for today and hopefully its a great day for you guys. Certainly hoping I can take down one of the March Mania Tournament qualifiers today and save me some stress! Hit me up on twitter, @Razzle11Grinds, if you have any questions or even news to share. I will certainly do my best to share injury news.