We will take a look at some of today’s top overall plays as well as some value plays to help you fit in your studs. Make sure you take your shot at qualifying for the March Mania Bracket Tournament!
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in College hoops.
Qualifiers for March Mania are filling quickly, check them out!
Tonight we get a compact little 5 game slate. There are plenty of plays out there that will make tonight an exciting evening in terms of CBB. The prize pools are up slightly so definitely take advantage of that. The present O/Us for tonight’s games are: Pitt-VA 117.5, Clem-GT 115, SH-Nova 135.5, Kans-WV 147.5 and But-Creigh 130.5.
We do have a few contests that will include the postponed game from last night between MIA and BC. This game has some intriguing options such as Sheldon McClellan, Tonye Jekiri, Aaron Brown and Dennis Clifford among others. Below I will write about the main slate for the night but I wanted to include a few names for reference.
- Isaiah Whitehead, Seton Hall ($7,500) – Whitehead’s minutes are trending upwards as he nears 100% from his foot injury. His shot has been shaky recently, however that did not stop him from firing up 17 shots on Saturday which lead to a 30 fantasy point performance. As I mentioned above, this game has the second highest O/U of the night and I want to make sure I target the guys from it with the high usage.
- Darrun Hilliard II, Villanova ($6,900) – In DFS we never want to find ourselves chasing points, unless you feel strongly about it leading to a player heating up. That is the case tonight with Hillard. He has shown the ability to get hot from downtown, as evidenced by his 8 3’s and 49.5 fantasy points on Saturday. He has shown the ability to put up duds at times as well, however I think his price makes him a top play alone thanks to his 50 point upside and the fact that this games O/U is the second highest.
- Juwan Staten, West Virginia ($7,300) – Staten is the best G playing in the night’s highest projected O/U. In 4 of his last 10 games he has put up 31.25+ fantasy points, 2 of which have come in the last 4 and I look for Staten to keep it going in what should be a pretty up and down tilt. Over the last 4, he has averaged over 13.5 fantasy points from Assists and Rebounds, add in a couple of 3s and 16-20 real game points and you have a mid 30’s fantasy outing for us at just $7.3K.
- Malcolm Brogdon, Virginia ($7,200) – This game does have a pretty low O/U, however in his most recent game, Brodgon has shown the ability to put up fantasy points. Over the last 5 games, he has put up 13+ shot attempts per game to go along with 15 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists. He does a lot for Virginia and I will continue to look at him to fill in for Justin Anderson.
- Rick Kreklow, Creighton ($6,000) – Priced a little higher than I would like for the Values section, Kreklow is just on fire from deep. I was all over him on Saturday and he did not disappoint as he went 6 for 7 from 3 en route to a 32.25 fantasy point performance. Over the last 3 games he is sporting averages of; 15.3 pts, 6.7 rebs, 3.3 asts and 4.3 3’s. He also has 1 double double in the last 3 and his 7 rebounds last game were skewed a little low because of the high rebounding game by his teammate, Artino. Butler is the better team in this match-up, however with this game being in Creighton it is expected to be a close game.
- Gary Browne, West Virginia ($4,300) – There are a few guys I could put here but I wanted to look into the highest O/U of the night with Browne. His minutes fluctuate between 12 and 26 but he has shown the ability to put up mid 20’s in terms of fantasy points. At $4.3K I am not looking for him to be the number 1 scorer out on the court but I would gladly accept 18-22 fantasy points from him tonight.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt, Georgia Tech ($7,500) – MGH has shown us the ability to do everything on the floor for GT and he has also shown the ability to stay hot for a few games and stick in the mid to upper 30’s in fantasy points. He has been so close to getting us a double double on numerous occasions and I think tonight could be the night he comes through.
- Angel Delgado, Seton Hall ($7,100) – Delgado is a beast on the boards, I just wish he was more active on the offensive end. With that being said, he probably is the one most likely to record a double double tonight and I always look to find those guys in the slates. His shots have fluctuated between 2 and 11 over the last 10 games and he probably will not get much more than 10 shots up in a game but he certainly can rack up fantasy points in a hurry and has 4 double doubles and 6 double digit rebounding games over the last 10.
- Jaron Blossomgame, Clemson ($7,100) – Jaron let me down a bit on Saturday as Clemson got out to a hot start and Roper could not miss. His minutes were down, mostly due to the blowout and the need to go slightly smaller to match up with Virginia Tech’s guard heavy offense. In just 21 minutes, he managed to put up 23.75 fantasy points and has shown the ability to put up 40 fantasy points.
- Devin Williams, West Virginia ($6,100) – Devin’s fantasy production has been on the decline since his 41.75 point outburst against Baylor 9 days ago. His price is back to what it was for that game and with this game projected to be so high scoring, I look for Williams to have his hand in that scoring. He has 4 double doubles over his last 10 and I look to see him put up something like 16 and 12 tonight.
- Charles Mitchell, Georgia Tech ($5,100) – Mitchell has been a frequent favorite of mine and I feel like he will always be in play for me as long as he is around $5K. He does not get much more than 22 minutes but he has shown to be a better than a point per minute performer with those minutes. Over the last 10 games, he has passed the 22 minute mark just once but in that contest he played 35 minutes and put up a double double en route to a 33.25 fantasy points.
- Sheldon Jeter, Pittsburgh ($4,600) – Jeter’s price has finally jumped up but he has been playing very well since entering the starting lineup. Do not really advocate players against Virginia but the upside with Jeter at $4.6K is just too good to pass up and even just 18 fantasy points today will be enough to get to value. He has gone for 25.75, 14 and 28 fantasy points over the last 3 and I look for him to continue getting minutes and performing.
That’s what we have for today and hopefully its a great day for you guys. Certainly hoping I can take down one of the March Mania Tournament qualifiers today and save me some stress! Hit me up on twitter, @Razzle11Grinds, if you have any questions or even news to share. I will certainly do my best to share injury news.