DK rolled out their $100K March Mania Tournament yesterday and gave us 4 qualifiers to try and earn our seats in the 64 spot final, in which you are able to qualify up to 4 times. We saw some highly contested qualifiers last night that literally went down to the final seconds of the night. As a CBB junkie, I can not stress how awesome this tournament is. We get to experience playing in our own March Bracket tournament that awards $20K to the champion and $500 for just qualifying for the tournament. I can not think of a much better way to sweat your favorite teams March Madness road to the Final Four. Also, do not forget the awesome feeling of having to sweat out your very own selection show on DK TV to see where you land in the tournament. ULTIMATE FAN EXPERIENCE!!!!!
We have money up for grabs at all different price points today. Take your shots to be the big winner below in College hoops.
Qualifiers for March Mania are filling quickly for Saturday’s slate, so I figured I would get you guys the link so you can make sure to get your spots reserved.
Normally Friday night is a no-slate night for CBB, however with the NBA All Star Break just getting started we find ourselves with a little 2 game slate on our plate for the evening. Both games are Pac-12 tilts, are being played in the state of Washington and have an O/U of 148.5. Arizona is a 10.5 point favorite @ Washington, while Arizona St is a 5 point favorite @ Washington St. On a slate like this, it can be tough to separate yourself from the field, however make sure you get the players in you think are the best players of the night and then fill in around them and do not be afraid to leave salary on the table.
- Nigel Williams-Goss, Washington ($9,000) – I wavered a bit on NWG and I just could not think about fading the best player on Washington, who has come off of the court for a total of 15 game minutes over the last 10 games. He has averaged 14.6 shots, 5 assists, 3.6 rebounds per game over the last 10 and has shown nearly 50 point upside over those 10 games as well. He is extremely important to a short handed Washington squad and will need him to keep this game from being a laugh-er.
- Tra Holder, Arizona State ($6,100) – Holder’s salary has doubled over the last few weeks and for good reason. At $6.1K he is not priced like a stud player however has been playing like he should be priced a bit higher and I think he is as close to a must play as there is tonight. His most recent game against a very tough Arizona team saw him put up a 15-8-2 stat line en route to a 30 fantasy point performance.
- Ny Redding, Washington State ($3,000) – I wanted to give you guys somebody who his a high risk value play that could certainly pay off and allow you to get the guys you need to have in your lineup tonight. Redding’s minutes fluctuate between 11 and 31 over the last 10 games but he has shown that he can return you 5x value on his salary and that’s about what you can expect tonight should Redding get 25+ minutes. He does a little bit of everything when on the court. One knock on him might be his poor 3 point shooting but he is capable of putting up an 8-5-4 line tonight and you can’t ask for much more from a min priced play.
- Josh Hawkinson, Washington State ($9,500) – Hawkinson is the most expensive player of the evening and for good reason. He has 7 double doubles and 8 double digit rebounding games over the last 10. He has been ultra consistent and gets to go up against a couple of bigs from Arizona St that do commit a fair number of fouls which plays very well into Hawkinson’s strengths as he is an excellent free throw shooter with an 84.3 rate on the season and 90% over the last 10 games. On a short slate such as tonight, you can not afford to miss out on the safest bet to get you that double double bonus.
- Stanley Johnson, Arizona ($8,000) – Johnson is a stud and can certainly take over a game at any time. On a bigger slate, I think I would look elsewhere as I think $8k is slightly too high for him. With that said, he has been very consistent and has been sitting in the 25-30 fantasy point range. That number will not get you the 4x value we are looking for but he has shown the ability to get you 35+ fantasy points on any given night. He is just much more consistent than his teammate, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.
- Donaven Dorsey, Washington ($3,700) – We are still waiting for Dorsey to step into his new starting role and provide a breakout game. I have been torched by him recently after he stepped in for Upshaw, following his dismissal from the team. Dorsey has shown nearly 7x value upside at his current price and is a high-risk high-reward play for tonight’s slate. The match-up is scary, as Arizona is very good down low and Dorsey has shown an ability to foul at an alarming rate. He certainly could reward you tonight or he could send you to the bar to forget the night.
Best of luck fellow CBB fans and hopefully I can help you guys take something down tonight or with tomorrow’s article help you take down a qualifier! Hit me up on twitter, @Razzle11Grinds.