Today’s CBB Targets break down the college basketball slate we have with a look at the studs, sleepers, and mid-range players you want to have in your lineups.
The slate consists of five games today and four of them we can only use one of the teams for fantasy purposes, so technically we only have six teams of the ten playing to choose players from. I expect a lot of overlap tonight. The smallest favorite on the board is Wichita State vs. Alabama at -13.5, so Vegas expects a lot of blowouts here which makes the analysis tough. The Arizona and UNC games have the highest O/U totals but both also have spreads over 20. It’s going to be a crap shoot tonight, so let’s see if we can make some sense of it.
- Levi Randolph, Alabama ($7400) – This is the one game where I think the score might actually be closer than Vegas expects so you will see me target a few guys here. Randolph is more of a combo guard wing player than anything else for The Tide. He is one of their leading scorers and top fantasy point producers. What I like about him is the sbility to fill up the stat sheet. He rebounds very well for his size with games of 7 and 10 boards already and he is averaging just over 5. Over his last 4 games he is also averaging 2.5 steals per and we all know how defensive stats can boost DF basketball scores. I’m expecting Bama to keep it close in this one and if they do then Levi is going to have to play well and also play a lot of minutes. With so many blowouts on the slate tonight I think it makes sense to target guys with opportunity.
- Rodney Cooper, Alabama ($6400) – This is my favorite play of the night and allow me to explain why. For starters he is kind of cheap compared to other guys who see the number of minutes I expect out of him. The key to me is that he sucks up some of the minutes left by Ricky Tarrant who only played 8 of them last game. Not exactly sure why that is, but if Tarrant is getting less minutes in the rotation then that bumps up usage for Both Bama guards I listed here. Remember too that this is the game with the lowest spread so I could see it staying somewhat close and allowing 40 minutes of action for all the players. At $6400 you might have one of the better values on the day here.
- Jordan Woodard, Oklahoma ($5600) -Trigger man for the OU offense has been putting up some really nice assist numbers and providing great value to his backers based on price. I can see OU blowing this one open, but Woodard could rack up 6-9 assist in the abbreviated amount of run he does get today. He is not a big scorer averaging under 9 points a game, but he does add about 5 rebounds and a steal per contest which can help boost that score. a 6-8 point, 5 rebound, 7 assist night with a steal would get him about 4 times value and that could be a huge boost on a night where we expect a lot of overlap and very little of the top priced to get enough run to pay it off.
- Stanley Johnson, Arizona, ($8300) -Young Wildcats forward has been a stud to start the season and it’s no wonder his price rises every time he steps on the floor. I’m not loving him for a huge game tonight if the blowout predictions are true, but he is one of the best players on the floor tonight and is capable of putting up a 30 DK point performance even with the likelihood he plays under 30 minutes. He can do it all and would be one of the few guys I may still pay up for tonight.
- JP Tokoto, UNC, ($6300) -UNC’s version of the Swiss army knife has the kind of game I love to target for CBB. He has already had games where he approached the double digit marks in rebounds and assists which is rare to find in a forward. He averages over 2 steals a game, over 5 rebounds a game, 4 assists, and about 10 points. That means he is a double double threat in multiple categories although again here the drawback is the expected outcome. Even if the game turns into a blowout I am confident in Tokoto’s floor because he contributes in so many ways. With very few good options to target, you could do worse then take a guy who does a little of everything and should at the very least put up a decent line regardless of the score.
- Brandon Ashley, Arizona ($5200) – This one is pure price driven as I expect Arizona to be blowing out Oakland at some point. Ashley played sparsely in his last contest which also turned into a laugher, yet was still able to put up 18 DK points. I expect him to do the same today and at $5200 that is not a bad return from a lower priced guy if you want wiggle room to fit in a high priced stud or two. He rebounds and fills the defensive categories, which is something we love to see as daily players. I think he makes it to 3 times value very easily and depending on how much floor time he sees that could rise to above 4, which would make him an excellent start tonight.